The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Music Computers

Sponsored ByUniversal Audio
Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,301
Views: 2,301
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey All, I am sure all of us have seen posts over the years where end users have purchased a new audio interface and have...

TAFKAT
replies: 2,005 views: 555,556
Dallon426 42 minutes ago

as Windows 10 is rolling out since yesterday (depending on the timezone you are in) we want feedback. seems to be a registry...

George Necola
replies: 5,679 views: 455,091
Gusss 8 hours ago

macOS High Sierra (10.13) is coming soon, some people already have their hands on betas so let's share those experiences here and...

Diogo C
replies: 521 views: 59,087
bgulian 1 day ago

with the intention of having a source to know what hardware is good for our new Windows 7 studio pc (both 32 and 64bits), getting...

George Necola
replies: 5,781 views: 763,959
vbrother 1 day ago

comment from George: Post your top 10 plugins you are using. thanx. I am always looking to upgrade to some newer plugins to keep...

Jonstudio
replies: 206 views: 31,322
La Mato 3 days ago

Because of posted recomendations for illegal software, cracks and some very unfriendly replies, I will post some rules here: 1....

George Necola
replies: 0 views: 54,245
George Necola 13th September 2005

What's your top 5 crazy effects plugins? Stuff that doesn't exactly fall into the norm?

jazzcabbage
replies: 2 views: 251
Roberto Alvarez 2 minutes ago

I remember this from years ago. It was hardware based convolution of some sort for comp. Eq etc. possibly similar tech. behind...

Alndln
replies: 0 views: 1
Alndln 46 minutes ago

Hi Forum I am Mac User, but because there is still no new Mac Pro, I bought a new Windows Workstation for my AVID HDX...

AlogicUser
replies: 12 views: 695
AlogicUser 47 minutes ago

Hey sluts, The time has come for me to upgrade my audio interface. Im on windows. I have been rocking a focusrite safirre pro...

Drid
replies: 2 views: 216
Drid 48 minutes ago

Hello! Hope you can help me here as I've been having some trouble with my home audio recording setup, since starting it up...

chugasaurus92
replies: 3 views: 334
Dana_T. 50 minutes ago

I have replaced my graphic card recently, had an nVidia GTX 750 Ti and got a second hand AMD RX 460. It was slightly defective so...

Lesha
replies: 10 views: 263
Cardinal_SINE 58 minutes ago

Hi, Quick question for any newer macbook pro users out there. I've done a search but it's hard to find an answer among the...

Dosxxx
replies: 6 views: 296
Dosxxx 1 hour ago

Here's a quick heads-up for 1st gen Focusrite Scarlett owners. I posted a review of the 2nd gen 2i2 a few weeks ago and a couple...

Zydraka
replies: 6 views: 9,193
[email protected] 1 hour ago

i just tough`t we could have a place where we could discuss every aqua plugins and make it more easy to stay on topic :) and...

jfjer
replies: 12,180 views: 808,626
Roadside 1 hour ago

Just saw this and realized nobody is talking about it yet... https://www.presonus.com/products/FaderPort-16

Mennis
replies: 43 views: 5,962
jazzcabbage 1 hour ago

Hey guys, just thought I'd let anybody who didn't know aware that Waves is having one of their "sales" offering the SSL...

Maxkiel
replies: 2 views: 250
Dr. Mordo 1 hour ago

Who Uses Plugin Alliance? How to they compare to Wave, FabFilter, Softube, Sound Toys, UAD etc. If so, what's your favorite...

SEA
replies: 371 views: 35,103
musicman691 2 hours ago

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 8 Core CPU Benchmarks Leaked - Thousand Dollar Performer For $389 Benchmarks for the middle ryzen 8 core...

jlaws
replies: 751 views: 71,887
mattiasnyc 3 hours ago

I was having issues with my 30" monitors buzzing and decided to take a chance and try out a 40" HDTV. I bought an...

gmontano
replies: 6 views: 542
budweiser 3 hours ago

In the interest of space and since I can't use my amp anyway because my neighbors are assholes, I'm getting rid of the monster...

The sheath
replies: 5 views: 404
ElliotG 4 hours ago

I would like to buy a mid priced ( 500-600 dollar ) laptop for the sole purpose of tracking remotely with an interface. I was...

lafours
replies: 0 views: 84
lafours 4 hours ago

This looks like a sweet revision of the old hardware, a plugin with with a hardware interface. Technology is just great isn’t...

Pip
replies: 0 views: 76
Pip 4 hours ago

I just got a chance to demo this unit First thing I'll say is the build quality is nice albeit a bit heave for such a small...

Dallon426
replies: 2 views: 107
Dallon426 4 hours ago

Hey. I thought I'd just give a holler on the GS pages to see if anyone can easily help me. I can't seem to be able to use ANY...

wakestyle
replies: 6 views: 1,454
mhelin 4 hours ago

I'm interested in the SSL buss compressor. But Slates version and the Waves version have no stereo unlink mode. How can I...

Guitarking
replies: 3 views: 280
rhythmtech 4 hours ago

So, the "digital eq myth&fact" and some other threads inspired me to run some tests on some of my plugins. I'm...

Steab
replies: 3,172 views: 577,172
qwe 5 hours ago

I need a new audio interface to use with my Windows computer. Based on the input/outputs that I need, I think I have narrowed it...

PHG
replies: 3 views: 211
Sofort 6 hours ago

Hey guys! So, I'm currently using my old and beloved (mostly) E-MU 0404 USB, which is mostly fine, except for the drivers (you...

Brakka
replies: 22 views: 984
Brakka 7 hours ago

It was a mammoth task! Building a complete new website for working with...

rofilm
replies: 0 views: 83
rofilm 8 hours ago

There are only a couple of very short threads about their plugins on GS. They are having a big sale right now and their plugins...

Squeegee 303
replies: 56 views: 7,890
drichard 10 hours ago

For all of us not focused on walking on the scary, yet rewarding path of building our own desktop Macs, Apple CEO Tim Cook's...

Mikael B
replies: 1,926 views: 89,122
johannes2510 10 hours ago

Hey slutz! I have the Eventide H910 plugin great plugin. I see there’s a dual h910 also. Do I have to have a separate...

Melvin III
replies: 4 views: 487
Tnevz 10 hours ago

I'm very close to build a new computer and I'm between i7 8700 and 8700k. I'm working on ableton live 9, mostly midi with lots of...

petergel
replies: 37 views: 3,622
johannes2510 11 hours ago

I was messing around with multichannel audio and I went over to create a 23 track WAV file and I had an idea: if I can have 23...

ayskura
replies: 16 views: 452
mattiasnyc 12 hours ago

Whats up guys, I have watched and read countless videos and forums relating to my issue. But still have yet to resolve the...

VIRGIL1
replies: 14 views: 1,319
justbeauchamp 14 hours ago

Hey guys, I decided to try using cabinet IRs and so I took my guitar and plugged into my Orange Micro Dark and then went from the...

tyguitaxe
replies: 1 views: 184
Alndln 16 hours ago

I've just installed the 14 day trial of Matthew Lane's DrMS and it doesn't have a user manual in the download. Anyone know where...

Victor Kennedy
replies: 0 views: 158
Victor Kennedy 16 hours ago

This is specifically about the Waves G bus comp. So I don't have a mixbus comp. At the moment I'm using the Softube Drawmer...

Quetz
replies: 13 views: 539
faeflora 17 hours ago

Hi. Is it true or correct that if a company announce a product, in this case a plugin during NAMM 2018 in January - that they...

kite
replies: 4 views: 297
KorgAddict 17 hours ago

I am currently running a 10 year old PC DAW with win7. I just recently took my free upgrade to PT12.2 and the old girl is really...

StillCrazy
replies: 1 views: 168
Cardinal_SINE 18 hours ago

I'm an experienced user on both Mac and PC systems. I've been using my 2016 MacBook Pro for work and Reaper. I've reached the...

flodster
replies: 5 views: 325
jdier 18 hours ago

This is what I´ve been waiting for my whole life... I have been searching the market for DAW mixers/controllers for a long time...

Ted Krotkiewski
replies: 2,569 views: 336,310
mattias78 19 hours ago

I just picked up this unit and all I can say is WOW. The quality of the sound is really really nice. The only way I can explain...

Dallon426
replies: 1 views: 204
SameOh 19 hours ago

Heya folks, I'm considering switching my SSL setup (Alpha Link AX) from PC to Mac. The PC is pretty much nearing the end of...

cpinto
replies: 13 views: 492
deedeeyeah 19 hours ago

Waves Center has a "center phantom" that you can mess with, which is very different from standard M/S plugins (any BX...

noah440
replies: 35 views: 5,220
noah440 19 hours ago

Hi, I own two terratec EWS88MT interfaces (together 16 in/out) that I can't get into sync. I've connected the two cards (pci)...

PeterM
replies: 6 views: 2,106
PeterM 20 hours ago

Come on!...Does this box really need this!! Apogee Symphony Mods | Black Lion Audio

RightOnRome
replies: 3 views: 376
imaginaryday 20 hours ago

Serious question, and am interested in hearing thoughts. Just fyi: the change has no effect on me, I am using windows, and am...

Wolf LeProducer
replies: 162 views: 6,605
ponzi 21 hours ago

Ok, I've edited this as I was a bit heated when originally writing...does anyone else have issues with their Orion Studio or...

SDB_12
replies: 6 views: 529
chit 21 hours ago

From the NI site, Musikmesse announcement: THE FUTURE OF KOMPLETE KONTROL The KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series steps boldly into...

TEEiselberg
replies: 73 views: 10,512
nonstatic 1 day ago

Music Tech: Setup - Mac Pro - (Black Dustbin) I am Connecting 4 x powered USB hubs which are running multiple usb devices (Drum...

TechNoise
replies: 1 views: 173
Dana_T. 1 day ago

I've had a Win 8.1 machine for music production for the past 5 years. It finally started acting up... random/rapid reboots, which...

mindseye9
replies: 1 views: 205
Alndln 1 day ago

So for years I've been told that Pro Tools operates best when sessions are on a separate drive than the system. But these days...

AASteveo
replies: 13 views: 685
MediaGary 1 day ago

Good day to everyone! New member here, first query. Be kind. :) 1. First, George, as to your forum rule #5 , I believe it...

Altstatten
replies: 1 views: 195
Dana_T. 1 day ago

Did AMD ever fix the issue with low latency and their chips? Getting kinda itchy to buy a new computer but heard about problems...

toowrongfoo
replies: 11 views: 786
mattiasnyc 1 day ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search