The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Slate Digital FG-X 1.4.0.4 - 64bit support for AAX, AU, and VST
Old 19th September 2016
Gear Guru
Was also looking at the new Boz limiter dirt cheap! Too bad FGX is stalled out.....
Old 19th September 2016
Lives for gear

Slate FGX 2.0: The Chinese Democracy Edition
Old 19th September 2016
Gear Addict

never bought 1.0 because of the Ilok, any chance the update doesn't require the dongle? So I can actually buy it?
Old 20th September 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomguy View Post
never bought 1.0 because of the Ilok, any chance the update doesn't require the dongle? So I can actually buy it?

No worries,It's been confirmed FGX 2 will not require ilock2,expectations are ilock3 will be required by the time of the SD's immenant FGX 2 release!
Old 20th September 2016
M2E
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
I said years ago that if a nominal upgrade fee helped move the process along faster I wouldn't mind paying. The answer was no.

Since then, the following products have come out:

The Monster
e2 de-esser
Virtual Microphone System
Virtual Preamp Collection
Blue FET Compressors
AirEQ
Custom Series EQs
VCC 2.0 (I took this as a good sign, but it's been a year or two)

FG-X 2.0 is the red headed step child who is locked in a cage on top of the French Alps and is lucky to get a piece of bread and some water once per day. No doubt Fabrice has worked hard on it here and there but put other products ahead of FG-X 2's development. Here's to hoping it come out before Christmas this year. raises beer mug
You know your slow when Avid has brought out 2 upgrades (PT 11 & 12)
TDM/RTAS was the main plugin format's for PT's.
Obama wasn't even a year into his first term.

When it comes to updating plugins, that comes last period!
Look at VBC mono version promised since it's inception.
They finally brought that out.

New product take priority! Upgrading then take priority!
Old products, well....

There's no money in the cure.

Now shut up and let him finish the new Distressor plugin....

Marc
Old 23rd September 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
You know your slow when Avid has brought out 2 upgrades (PT 11 & 12)
TDM/RTAS was the main plugin format's for PT's.
Obama wasn't even a year into his first term.

When it comes to updating plugins, that comes last period!
Look at VBC mono version promised since it's inception.
They finally brought that out.

New product take priority! Upgrading then take priority!
Old products, well....

There's no money in the cure.

Now shut up and let him finish the new Distressor plugin....

Marc
Hahahahaha

What are the Las Vegas betting odds of FG-X 2 coming out before FG-Swiss? My guess is 10:1 odds. I would not put money on that bet.
Old 23rd September 2016
Lives for gear

No crackling? I may be able to use this plugin again. Maybe.
Old 23rd September 2016
Gear Guru
Everytime I see an addition to this thread, hoping it's out! My biggest problem will probably be, not compatible with Snow Leopard.....!
Old 1st October 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyd View Post
No crackling? I may be able to use this plugin again. Maybe.
I'm probably like super duper late to this party as I mix, not master, but do use fgx to just monitor through at loud levels and print client refs for approval. in a 1/100 instance I have to master what I'm mixing because there is no option for a real mastering engineer, and the crackling is driving me nuts. is there anything I can do in the 85 years it will take for fgx 2 to come out?
Old 1st October 2016
Gear Head

Yes, just use the Hofa IQ Limiter.
Old 3rd December 2016
Lives for gear

Hey all... Hope someone can help me. I am using the and it shows in Logic not going over 0.0. When I check the file in Audition. It shows the peaks +1.0 over?

I did previous mixes and was under these new ones are over here is before and afters.
Attached Thumbnails
Slate Digital FG-X 1.4.0.4 - 64bit support for AAX, AU, and VST-screen-shot-2016-12-03-1.45.57-pm.png   Slate Digital FG-X 1.4.0.4 - 64bit support for AAX, AU, and VST-screen-shot-2016-12-03-1.45.29-pm.png  
Old 4th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano View Post
Hey all... Hope someone can help me. I am using the and it shows in Logic not going over 0.0. When I check the file in Audition. It shows the peaks +1.0 over?

I did previous mixes and was under these new ones are over here is before and afters.
set up your ceiling as -1db. FG-X shouldn't be last in the chain it's not a brickwall limiter. Or ask your mastering engineer
Old 4th December 2016
Lives for gear

I set the ceiling to -.3 when I used it. I used it as a brickwall. Last in the chain.
Old 5th December 2016
Lives for gear

FG-X most certainly is a brickwall limiter.
Without looking at your stats, the higher readings you're seeing may be due to 'true peaks' or intersample peaks going above your FG-X ceiling.
Most limiters coming out these days can optionally handle these intersample peaks but FG-X (v1) was before this was the normal.
Old 8th December 2016
Lives for gear

FG-X Release time?

does anybody know the Release time that the FG-X is set to since you can't change the Release time. ie: if the Dynamic Perception and Transient knobs are turned off what is the release time? 40ms, 100ms?
Old 9th December 2016
Lives for gear

More than likely it's an auto-style program dependent release time.
Old 9th December 2016
Gear Guru
Release time for FGX was two years ago!
Old 9th December 2016
Lives for gear

Ouch.
Old 9th December 2016
Lives for gear

They best be putting some mutha f'in intersample peaking detector in this bizznatch after waiting more than two years for its release.
Old 9th December 2016
Gear Addict

Usually any threads about any slate products there is updates and chat from Steven daily or at least every other day... However he's been pretty quiet about fgx2 for a while...
Old 9th December 2016
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Hi guys, I'd be happy to report once again that we're working hard on the FG-X 2 update, but FG-X 1 is still working as good as it ever has to make mixes loud and retain the punch.

I hope everyone has seen my mastering course here:

And I have another one coming by this weekend where I do a pop track that needed some more severe EQing and fixing, and I also make it very loud to compete with other songs in its genre. Stay tuned for that.

FG-X 2 will have an intersample peak limiter built in, but I'll always recommend to set it to OFF, and I'll explain more about that in another post.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 9th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
FG-X 2 will have an intersample peak limiter built in, but I'll always recommend to set it to OFF, and I'll explain more about that in another post.

Cheers,
Steven
I am all about researching this... if you have knowledge please share.
Old 9th December 2016
Gear Guru
Hopefully the update will be less CPU hungry. I love the compressor in fgx but can't use it the way I'd like to since I have an old machine.
Old 9th December 2016
I like FG-X 2 a lot. Steinberg's WL 9 has a feature called MasterRig that reminds me of it a bit conceptually, but FG-X sounds better. Ozone's another similar tool... it's a bit harder to master than either of the others mentioned, but it sounds great too so it's worth the effort.

FG-X, like most Slate stuff, has a very definite "attitude" and it's own straight-forward way of going about things. Not as easily re-arranged or as deeply tweakable. It just works (or not, when it doesn't!). I find that I like that it's controls aren't necessarily symmetrical in what they do (+ sounds different than - on many parameters, changing character in response to your intentions more than fixed settings). It's a powerful approach, but not necessarily for everyone's brain or work flow.
Old 10th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardis View Post
Hopefully the update will be less CPU hungry. I love the compressor in fgx but can't use it the way I'd like to since I have an old machine.
It definitely should be a lot less CPU hungry. FGX is the last legacy Slate plugin that uses their old framework.
Old 12th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
Hi guys, I'd be happy to report once again that we're working hard on the FG-X 2 update, but FG-X 1 is still working as good as it ever has to make mixes loud and retain the punch.

I hope everyone has seen my mastering course here:

And I have another one coming by this weekend where I do a pop track that needed some more severe EQing and fixing, and I also make it very loud to compete with other songs in its genre. Stay tuned for that.

Cheers,
Steven
Will this include an EQ also?
📝 Reply