The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
mults in cubase sx
Old 12th December 2006
Gear Nut

mults in cubase sx

gday

is it possible to do a mult of the 2-bus signal in cubase sx v3? i have never been able to work out how to do mults of group tracks either. i usually have to copy and paste the audio into a new track which gets a bit anoying.

does nuendo allow mults?

thanks =)
Old 12th December 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by beesting View Post
gday

is it possible to do a mult of the 2-bus signal in cubase sx v3? i have never been able to work out how to do mults of group tracks either. i usually have to copy and paste the audio into a new track which gets a bit anoying.

does nuendo allow mults?

thanks =)
thinking about it, i do use the group channel sends for mult compression on occasions. still wondering if there is any way to do a straight out copy (besides exporting the 2-buss audio file)...
Old 12th December 2006
Lives for gear
I literally did this last night.

I exported the 2 track copy and then imported it. I just didn't feel like thinking about it anymore.

Also, I think it's the best way to go. Yes it can be annoying, but it will yield the best results.
Old 12th December 2006
Lives for gear

You can do mults with group tracks as long as you send to a group that is later

Basically you use the sends preferably set to pre fader to send to the group you want.
Old 14th December 2006
Lives for gear

multing the 2 bus is a bit of a pain in the a$$ as you would have to do a whole new mix using the sends, but hey whatever floats your boat.

doing Mults on things like a Drum Bus is easy in SX3 and Nuendo. I am not sure why you haven't been able to do it yet but I assure it is doable and I do it all the time.

Creat a group track (Call it 'Drm Crsh Bus')

Slap in your compressor of choice on the insert

Go to each of your Drum Track sends and send the signal to 'Drm Crsh Bus'

Set each send to pre fader

VOILA - your good to go
Old 14th December 2006
Lives for gear
^^^^

exactly. It's a beast if you try and parallel a whole mix using groups or sends.

Not so much on just drums or guitars.
Old 14th December 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab View Post
^^^^

exactly. It's a beast if you try and parallel a whole mix using groups or sends.

Not so much on just drums or guitars.
You could do what I do. I just created a stereo group channel called "all music" that mimics the stereo buss. Everything feeds into it. I do my "entire mix mults" form there.
Old 14th December 2006
Lives for gear
Yeah. It's faster for me to bounce it to be honest. By the time I have routed every effect and group to that channel, I have probably bounced the track already.

But you are 100% right, and that is the best option besides mine.
Old 15th December 2006
Gear Nut

thanks guys. all makes sense. played around with this in sx last night and can see there are a few options. nice one =)
Old 15th December 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beesting View Post
thanks guys. all makes sense. played around with this in sx last night and can see there are a few options. nice one =)

A little tip if you have already set your outputs to the master buss but want them to all go to a group called master so you can do a mult.Select all your outputs on you audio vsti channels holding shift ( I suggest small mixer view ) then once they are all selected hold down alt and select the outputs to your new music group which should be routed to your main out buss.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search