The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
I'm looking for a plugin as an alternative to some hardware...
Old 8th February 2015
Gear Head

I'm looking for a plugin as an alternative to some hardware...

Hello,

If anyone has ever used vocal pedals such as tc helicon, well i'm looking for a harmony effect in a plugin format to add to vocals, anyone know of any?
i'v seen country singers use those pedals and well i'll be mainly recording pop artists, rock and rap . I'm also in need of a good autotune, antares is only one i have tryed and it doesn't even come close to that tpain effect that the hardware does.
Old 8th February 2015
Gear Addict

Dude.... You're posting this in the high end forum? A TC Helicon pedal??? For real?
Old 8th February 2015
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by outUVphaze View Post
Dude.... You're posting this in the high end forum? A TC Helicon pedal??? For real?

Well, yes, effect processing would be high end, eventide and etc. I just used that as an example, lowend or " low price" has its place in expensive mixes as well.
Old 8th February 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayelem View Post

Well, yes, effect processing would be high end, eventide and etc. I just used that as an example, lowend or " low price" has its place in expensive mixes as well.
Your question was specific, not general.

The Shure sm57 is a $100 mic that has been used by everybody. It's a dynamic cardioid. Nothing pricey but we'll add. s/n ratio is fine. It's good. Everyone has them and uses them. If you ask a specific question be prepared to receive a specific response.

You asked a question about a peddle dude.

Give me a break.

I can see them in the UAD labs saying to themselves:"Gee we've been having sleepless nights over the fact that we still haven't made a plug on the MXR phase 90. Then some guy in the corner of the room says:"Ah.... Should I point out that the item in question can be purchased for $90 new?".

You wanted a specific response, you've got one. If you don't like it, wait and see how many responses you get to this question.

"Next... "

Have you noticed that I'm the only guy who has taken the time to respond to your post?

Get serious dude.
Old 8th February 2015
Gear Head

Look i appreciate the shared musical knowledge but why even lecture on my thread if you can't help a person out. I just posted this and noone knows an answer or the right person to actually help hasn't read it yet. If theres no plugin, then fine. I'm beginning to lose faith in this forum, you can never know it all with this get serious dude...give me a break attitude, theres always something to learn and find or share.

Last edited by Jayelem; 8th February 2015 at 08:13 PM..
Old 8th February 2015
just have a mod put it in so much gear...anyways there are ways of doing it with melodyne or autotune but not sure there is a plugin like the tc stuff...
Old 8th February 2015
Gear Head

Thanks. I tryed those plugins, it works a tad especially melodyne, not really in a pleasing way though as far as i could get it to sound, but did a little something. Yes, thats just about what i was about to say, a moderator will move it if appropriate, so many misc. posts in so much gear though. Need a thread on plugins specifically i'd say with that title specifically to find it you know.
Old 8th February 2015
Lives for gear

Love software, it is like anything, you plug it in, twist knobs and listen to the results. I love iron more, but software does offer something to enhance tracks....
Old 8th February 2015
Gear Head

Same here. Try not to be a software slut though ... i try to keep it simple with only my favorite plugins, mostly graphic eqs that hardware doesn't provide, even the entire waves bundle is too much to keep around sometimes. I been wanting to get some more hardware and mix specifically on that, hearing good things about a few pieces that the software realm counterparts just doesn't sound all that good sometimes.
Actually check out "My studio", most of that is what is actually my wish list.
Old 8th February 2015
Gear Nut

Tdm or powercore only (=old stuff)
TC-Helicon | Harmony4 - Instant Vocal Harmony & Doubling plug-in for PowerCore & Pro Tools HD
Antares alternative
Antares Vocal Processing > Products > Harmony Engine Evo

And the good old answer 'Nothing beats the real thang Well arranged double tracked real singers' kind of deal
Old 8th February 2015
it might be a case of just using your interface IO to plug in a tc pedal and insert it in your DAW...
Old 8th February 2015
Gear Maniac

Harmony Engine Evo FTW.
Old 8th February 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayelem View Post
Hello,

If anyone has ever used vocal pedals such as tc helicon, well i'm looking for a harmony effect in a plugin format to add to vocals, anyone know of any?
vielklang 2

zplane -- vielklang

Quote:
vielklang Instant Harmony generates harmonies with 2-4 voices. It is packed with musical intelligence and music theory: it detects the best fitting harmonies for each individual input melody, and automatically synthesizes up to four voices with the voices not merely running in parallel but with their voicings selected to sound most natural (voice leading).

The advanced pitch editing controls (full version only!) give you fast and easy access to pitch, timing, vibrato control, formant shift, and to many more editing options.

Audio format: single voiced, 1-2 channels
File format: wav, aif, aiff, mid
Plugin format: RTAS, AU (32/64bit), VST (32/64bit)
Min. system CPU: 2GHz
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search