The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What are some good Bell plugins? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 7th February 2015
Lives for gear

What are some good Bell plugins?

I'm looking for plugins (AU) that create bell sounds. One of the few good ones I've found so far is this one, and all I can say is that I'm very impressed:

Toll - Sonokinetic - Sample libraries and Virtual Instruments

It was not easy to find I must say. It didn't appear in results when searching for "bells plugin", "bells vst" and so on on Google.

So that's why I'm wondering if there's some more hidden gems like this out there. There may be something even better. Or perhaps something to get in addition to this.

I've also found some free Bell sounds for Pianoteq 5:
https://www.pianoteq.com/free_stuff#bells

But you need to get Pianoteq in the first place and that is sadly above my budget. Else I'd get both.
Old 7th February 2015
Lives for gear

FM8
Old 7th February 2015
Lives for gear

The FM8 has bell sounds? But this isn't even a sample based instrument, or am I missing something?
Old 7th February 2015
Lives for gear

FM in general, is great at bell sounds. I'm sure FM8 has plenty of bell presets. I've found I could also get some decent bells out of Zebra as well, using the FM capabilities.
Old 7th February 2015
Lives for gear

Well I'm aware that you can create bell sounds with synths, and I have some (presets) like that, but they sound too synthetic in my opinion. The reason is simple, they're synthetic in the first place. That's why I decided to search for sample based instruments. Also, those are chime bells and such you can recreate with synths, but not really sounds like the big cathedral and church bells. I guess I forgot to mention what sort of bells I'm after – there's so many different types!
Old 7th February 2015
Gear Addict

There are quite a few bell samples in Miroslav Philharmonik - I don't think there are any church bells although there are big 'bell plates', tubular bells and other stuff.
Old 8th February 2015
Gear Nut
Serum
Old 8th February 2015
Lives for gear

Check this new library, seems to be exactly what you're looking for:
new product alert-BELL EMPIRE

All kinds of bells included (church bells, small acoustic bells, digital, wavetable, metals, objects, and also some cool lofi and vintage bells).
Old 8th February 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaju View Post
Check this new library, seems to be exactly what you're looking for:
new product alert-BELL EMPIRE

All kinds of bells included (church bells, small acoustic bells, digital, wavetable, metals, objects, and also some cool lofi and vintage bells).
Very nice! I like the big church bells, but I'm not too much of a fan of the effect and synth bells, or of the "higher frequency" bells.

I see you are from Vienna too, funny coincidence. What I'm looking for are bells from churches of the size of the Servitenkirche, if you see what I mean. I heard some nice ones like that in your video – I guess the Deluxe version is still to come? Will there be more sounds like that? And did you sample these sounds yourself? If yes, last question () which churches / bells of churches did you sample?
Old 8th February 2015
Yup, the FM bell is sorta the first thing you learn to make.

As I am not overly excited about FM synthesis, I usually go with the Korg M1 software. I really like this as a software ROMpler. So mamy different sounds you can stack up, really flexible and fast, just easy to work with. If memory serves, when you search by category in the browser, Bells is an option and there has to be at least 50-100 patches.
Old 8th February 2015
Lives for gear

Vir2's Global Percussion is my go-to bell library. Should have at least 30 different multisampled bell sounds from different continents. Perhaps too small though:

http://www.vir2.com/instruments/worl...bal-percussion
Old 8th February 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
Very nice! I like the big church bells, but I'm not too much of a fan of the effect and synth bells, or of the "higher frequency" bells.

I see you are from Vienna too, funny coincidence. What I'm looking for are bells from churches of the size of the Servitenkirche, if you see what I mean. I heard some nice ones like that in your video – I guess the Deluxe version is still to come? Will there be more sounds like that? And did you sample these sounds yourself? If yes, last question () which churches / bells of churches did you sample?
Yes the deluxe edition will be available in March. Will feature more bells like the one you’re refering to, with about 11 church bells. I did most of the sample recordings, got a bit of help too for the church bells (see credits in the product page). Some samples were recorded locally (Hietzing district in Vienna, for example the Katholische Kirche Zum Guten Hirten, Pfarrkirche Ober St. Veit, Zur Verklärung Christi), others in Graz, Lyon and Clermont-Ferrand (france).
Old 8th February 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
Well I'm aware that you can create bell sounds with synths, and I have some (presets) like that, but they sound too synthetic in my opinion.
Then maybe a physical modeled synth like AAS Chromaphone might do it.

There's also Tubular Bells from Versilian Studios for $10.

Last edited by Ed A.; 8th February 2015 at 10:03 PM..
Old 13th February 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed A. View Post
Then maybe a physical modeled synth like AAS Chromaphone might do it.

There's also Tubular Bells from Versilian Studios for $10.
Hmm, not really what I'm looking for either, I'm really after those big church bells Sampled of course. Cute dog by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaju View Post
Yes the deluxe edition will be available in March. Will feature more bells like the one you’re refering to, with about 11 church bells. I did most of the sample recordings, got a bit of help too for the church bells (see credits in the product page). Some samples were recorded locally (Hietzing district in Vienna, for example the Katholische Kirche Zum Guten Hirten, Pfarrkirche Ober St. Veit, Zur Verklärung Christi), others in Graz, Lyon and Clermont-Ferrand (france).
Very nice! Sounds awesome.
So that sounds like I would need the deluxe edition – is there a way to get only the church sounds? That's what I'm after, but I guess I'd have to spent a lot of the rest, which I would use less or rarely!
Old 8th March 2015
Lives for gear

Do you guys know any other (not too expensive) plugins with church and cathedral bells? (no small bells wanted really)
The one's I'd be interested in ("Toll" and "Bell Empire" from the gentleman somewhere above me) both require the full version of Kontakt, meaning these are taboo for me. Sadly!
Old 9th March 2015
Lives for gear
AAS Chromaphone.

wow
Old 9th March 2015
Gear Addict
FM8
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search