The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Anyone Using Separate Monitor Controller with Dangerous D-Box?
Old 7th February 2015
Lives for gear

Anyone Using Separate Monitor Controller with Dangerous D-Box?

Hi, I'm looking for advice from anyone who uses a separate monitor controller with a Dangerous D-Box?

My problem is the D-Box is located in an awkward placement in a rack and would much prefer a volume control within my workspace.

Also what monitor controller would you advise as I dont want to sacrifice audio quality.

Many Thanks,

Noodlez
Old 7th February 2015
Lives for gear

anyone?...
Old 7th February 2015
Lives for gear

The Dbox is one of the very best monitor controllers on the planet. It would be very hard to replace it with sonething unless it was very expensive.

Why don't you just take it out of the rack where you can reach it?
Old 7th February 2015
Gear Addict
The source by dangerous check. I would use that if I didn't have the dbox.....
If not sell the dbox get a 2 bus Lt with a dangerous source.
I personally could never go back to something like a presonus central station or something like that after having the dangerous stuff.
Old 7th February 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
Hi, I'm looking for advice from anyone who uses a separate monitor controller with a Dangerous D-Box?

My problem is the D-Box is located in an awkward placement in a rack and would much prefer a volume control within my workspace.

Also what monitor controller would you advise as I dont want to sacrifice audio quality.

Many Thanks,

Noodlez
Go for a McOne from New Old Sound. Has 3 stereo ins and outs and is completely transparent. Only $200 too!

I use one with my Avid Omni cause I had the same issue as you. I just go out of my Omni and into the McOne. Can't go wrong IMO!
Old 8th February 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post

Many Thanks,

Noodlez
I'll be looking at doing the same eventually because I'll be expanding out to surround monitoring.
I love the DAC in the dbox so it's going to be difficult to move on but I'll most probably sell the dbox once I upgrade and go with something like a 2bus lt and an audient asp 510.
What you could always do is find a good tech near by you and get them to build you a volume controller to patch in your speaker outs from the dbox and just have a volume knob box on the desk near by .. That would maintain quality and give you the function you're looking for, you'd just have to calibrate well.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search