The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Imperfect Samples Steinway tuning problem
Old 28th January 2015
Gear Maniac

Imperfect Samples Steinway tuning problem

I know the samples are supposed to be "imperfect" but the over all average tuning is flat for me on Kontakt 5. I checked with Peterson and Sonic Research tuners. If I raise the global tuning to A 441.70 it fixes it but it seems I shouldn't have to do this. I emailed the company but after reading the Mone Zone thread I'm not counting on a answer from them. Has anyone had this issue and found a fix?
Old 28th January 2015
Gear Head

This was a bug in some relatively newer version of kontakt 5 that messed up the tuning of a couple of libraries, namely, sample modelling libraries. I read this thread a couple of months ago on another forum and I will try to find it and link it if I can. But I think in the newest version, NI fixed this issue already (Yes it was an NI bug in that case).
What kontakt version do you have? I think 5.2 was the culprit or maybe 5.3 (earlier releases). Later on, it got fixed if i remember it correctly.
Old 28th January 2015
Lives for gear

It´s too flat even in Logics ESX24, so it might be a feature... I don´t use this piano anymore, but when I did I used to tuned it up by 7 cents...
Old 28th January 2015
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the replies! I'm running Kontakt 5.4. Has anyone else plugged in a tuner and checked this? I guess I won't take things for granted anymore and check the tuning on every VSTi before a session.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search