The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is this computer worth it? Feeback?
Old 27th January 2015
Here for the gear

Is this computer worth it? Feeback?

Hi guys,

I've been working on designing a studio computer, but honestly I haven't done all the research nor do I have all the knowledge to tell whether this is over the top or .. under the top?.

AMD FX-9590, EVGA GeForce GT 610, Zalman Z9 - System Build - PCPartPicker United Kingdom

These are all the parts.

This will hopeully be the computer I use for the next decade or so, so I can't tell you if it will be for home recording or studio recording, so lets assume professional level studio recording.

Please just give me any feedback on the parts, what I could change them too etc.

Thanks
Jaime
Old 27th January 2015
Lives for gear

Hi,
The AMD already ahs on board networking so no need for a network card to be added.
Get a USB WIFI adapter.
The motherboard has Etron USB 3.0 and Via both of which will end up having compatibility issues with audio/midi interfaces.
No need for the ASUS sound card. The board already has on board audio. If you are using this pro audio production the neither the on board or the Asus sound card will work well or at all.
The on board and the ASUS are only useful for gaming and home theater.
The Geforce 610 is a much older card. The Geforce 730 would be a better option.
Two drives one for your OS/programs and one for your projects would be better performance and more reliable. The 4 TB drive you have chosen is a a slower model. Also drives over 3TB are not readable in all systems so you may have trouble reading the drive on another system if you ever needed to recover any data on it.

Intel i7 quad core based system will be faster, more reliable, quieter and most likely less expensive.

Thanks Chris
Old 27th January 2015
Lives for gear

Plenty of better ways to spend your money - call me if I can help
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search