The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Soundflower not working in Mavericks
Old 27th January 2015
Soundflower not working in Mavericks

I've been using Soundflower to route audio into Logic from Mainstage etc, but no version of Soundflower now works in Mavericks, crackles at best. (It works flawlessly in Snow Leopard). Any solutions? Another app?
Old 27th January 2015
rez
Lives for gear

no problems on mavericks with the older version of soundflowerbed v1.4.4 (but that app was originally installed on my system back in snow leopard times and was just taken over to mavericks as i migrated from a time machine backup when i switched to a new laptop).

maybe only the current version v.1.6.6 has these problems - try finding a v.1.4.4 and see if that works on mavericks if you install it.

peace, rez
Old 27th January 2015
Lives for gear

Also using soundflower in mavericks without an issue -- I don't know how to check the version, but I think my story is the same as Rez's - looks like I installed it in 2012.
Old 27th January 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by rez View Post
no problems on mavericks with the older version of soundflowerbed v1.4.4 (but that app was originally installed on my system back in snow leopard times and was just taken over to mavericks as i migrated from a time machine backup when i switched to a new laptop).

maybe only the current version v.1.6.6 has these problems - try finding a v.1.4.4 and see if that works on mavericks if you install it.

peace, rez
Quote:
Originally Posted by antichef View Post
Also using soundflower in mavericks without an issue -- I don't know how to check the version, but I think my story is the same as Rez's - looks like I installed it in 2012.
Are you on 10.9.5? I've tried several versions of Soundflower but always get crackles in 16ch mode.
Old 27th January 2015
rez
Lives for gear

@ antichef : to check the version click on the soundflower icon in the menubar and choose "about soudflowerbed..." to see the version.

@ Pichi : yes, i am on osx 10.9.5 and my buffers are set to 512 on the 2ch and on the 16ch in soundflower.
those high buffers are no problem for my usage of soundflower, as i use it mainly for streaming audio from the internet either into audacity or into logic just to record it.
i do not use soundflower with mainstage, so i cannot comment how it works with real low buffer settings to avoid input lag when playing live.

maybe try playing around with those buffers and also with the buffer in logic and mainstage to see if you can get to a point without crackles.
try setting the buffer to the same amount in all places first and try different and mixed buffer sizes if that does not fix your issues.

peace, rez
Old 27th January 2015
Changing the buffers is not helping when using 16ch. Maybe Mainstage 3 is just too much for Soundflower. I hope it gets an update soon, I think it's still 32 bit. In the meantime I'll just have switch back to my Snow Leopard partition...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search