The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best Virtual Bass (HELP)
Old 27th January 2015
Lives for gear

Exclamation Best Virtual Bass (HELP)

Hello, everyone! I need help finding a virtual rock bass, I want a Jazz Bass played with a pick. I have used the ZomBass for kontakt, someone knows another option? I heard about the SampleTank 3 and also the Brunnemann cory Warlock Bass, some more?

I seek only by jazz bass played with a pick.

Cheers!
Old 27th January 2015
Lives for gear

East west Ministry of Rock 2. 5 strings and quite tweakable, very real sounding if you like that kinda sound.
Other wise the Scarbee bass for Kontakt can be very usable in combination with something like
a UAD Softube bass amp room plug
There would be heaps more...
Old 27th January 2015
Have you tried Trilian?
Old 27th January 2015
Lives for gear

Thanks so far, folks! I know the Trilian, always found it amazing, but worth that does not have a Jazz Bass version played with a pick ...
Old 27th January 2015
Gear Head

Acousticsamples JBass
Old 27th January 2015
Lives for gear

Buy a jazz bass and a pick. Seriously.
You'll be amazed at how much better the real thing will sound and use
some audio quantize tools if needed. And it's a lot more fun too.

The Scarabee Jazz bass is pretty good but nowhere near as good as the Fender American Jazz bass you can find on Craigslist cheap.
Old 27th January 2015
Lives for gear

I love the various Scarbee basses but when I need an aggressive picked bass I go with the Prominy SR5.
Old 27th January 2015
Lives for gear

- Trilian: versatile and major of course
- Scarbee basses: I like MM and Rickenbacker
- Prominy SR5 is brilliant in terms of legato playing and the response for fast metal/rock is outstanding
- Ilya Efimovs basses: Only have Modern bass, and think they are comparable to Scarbee. Good stuff. (Bass — Ilya Efimov Production)
- Orange Tree samples Cherry Electric Bass has also been praised: Bass Sample Library for Kontakt - Orange Tree Samples
Old 27th January 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmanoel View Post
Hello, everyone! I need help finding a virtual rock bass, I want a Jazz Bass played with a pick. I have used the ZomBass for kontakt, someone knows another option? I heard about the SampleTank 3 and also the Brunnemann cory Warlock Bass, some more?

I seek only by jazz bass played with a pick.

Cheers!
If you can wait a little while, Ample Sound is currently working on their picked bass sample library. They've already released two fingered ones and they are phenomenal, as all of Ample Sound's products are. I don't know how long it will take them to release the picked version, but it's sure to be spectacular, if their current products are any indication.
Old 28th January 2015
Sonivox Heavy Pick Bass
Old 28th January 2015
Lives for gear

Is it a one time stuff or do you want to use it regularly? If it is a one time stuff I'll be happy to track one of my Jazz basses using a pick for you free of charge. As said a real recorded bass is preferable. You can PM if you want.
Old 28th January 2015
Lives for gear

Guys, thank you!

Nola111, think I'll wait, actually the Ample Sound products are excellent, I use the guitar of them.

numero6, thank you very much for your help, is for something more regular it.

Cheers, guys!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search