The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Steven Slate Drums Platinum 4 question
Old 26th January 2015
Here for the gear

Steven Slate Drums Platinum 4 question

I am coming from an MPC 2500 and want to know if I can program drum patterns of my own with this software. I have never done any midi mapping and it looks like that's how it's done now. I've been told it also has up to 24 individual outs. So as long as I can create my own songs without using pre-recorded patterns and have enough outputs, I'll get it.

Thanks!
Old 26th January 2015
Lives for gear

Yes, you absolutely can write your own midi drum patterns. I've recently gotten into SSD4 and it sounds wonderful, really loving it. I never use pre-recorded patterns or grooves and write all the drum stuff myself in the Reaper midi editor (and seeing as I played real drums for 20 years in various bands, using a midi editor lies somewhere between "fun" and "torture").

It does have a whole bunch of outs (possibly 24, didn't count) so you can send your kicks, snares, toms etc to different tracks.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search