The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Any News on Stevens Slate Drums 5?
Old 28th June 2016
Gear Head
Any updates, Slate?
Old 28th June 2016
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Yeah beta very soon. The same team who does SSD5 also does Mimic Pro so it's been a bit hectic making sure the module was ready for NAMM. So we're spread a bit thin, but working hard!

Cheers,
Steven
Old 28th June 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

SalivaSlatin'... I mean, salivatin'...
Old 29th June 2016 | Show parent
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
Yeah beta very soon. The same team who does SSD5 also does Mimic Pro so it's been a bit hectic making sure the module was ready for NAMM. So we're spread a bit thin, but working hard!

Cheers,
Steven
How would one go about applying to join the beta team?
Old 29th June 2016 | Show parent
Gear Head
Quote:

Cheers,
Steven
No problem. Can't wait to hear all the kits. Make sure it comes out July 23rd though. I want it my birthday morning :P
Old 2nd July 2016 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Steven-
Can you tell us what MIDI improvements are planned?

Are we finally going to be able to map parameters in Ableton Live?

Old 8th July 2016
Gear Head
Got anymore updates for us, Slate?
Old 8th July 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

**Crickets Chirping**
Old 8th July 2016
Lives for gear

He only posted a week ago!

You guys have never developed software :¬)
Old 9th July 2016 | Show parent
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
He only posted a week ago!

You guys have never developed software :¬)
I have actually! It was a few years ago though.

I just want to know 1. How to be part of that beta and 2. when we can know what the kits are! That's the part I really want to know.
Old 26th July 2016 | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Hey guys, we're looking at a mid July release at this point. I'll try to get upgrade pricing out asap, but it'll be really affordable and worth it.

Cheers,
Steven
Just saw an announcement from Slate on Twitter that there's another addition coming to the Everything bundle this week. (swiss ?) Doubt it's SSD5. Too bad.

Hope he can deliver something that sounds spectacular soon. Every time I get that darn Sweetwater catalog in the mail, it's exciting because SSD5 is always in it (I think starting in 2014). Of course it's never available. Getting close to waiting for this update as long as I've been wating for the promised FG-X "2" update.

Hope the beta is going good.
Old 27th July 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Once he said mid-July I had feeling that this may happen....

He did say that his resources were pretty busy with other project deadlines so it's not that surprising. I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.
Old 28th July 2016 | Show parent
Deleted 19064ac
Slate Summer Sale coming soon?

I'd like to purchase Virtual Preamp Collection but can't pay $149 for it.
Old 3rd August 2016 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Maybe slate meant July of 2017......yeah that must be it.
Lives for gear

Considering Steven is all over Gearslutz on other threads but hasn't chimed in here in about 6 weeks, I would say that it probably is a ways off yet......

Old 3rd August 2016
Deleted User
Soon= 2019
Lives for gear

Posted January 2015...

"Can't wait for SSD5 to drop.. we're working hard on it and expect it to be completed soon. More news on that after NAMM."

Cheers,
Steven

So yeah, maybe 2017...2019
Gear Maniac

I wonder if Superior 3 will come out before SSD5?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrawk View Post
I wonder if Superior 3 will come out before SSD5?
Now that's serious fantasy
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twrogstudio View Post
Now that's serious fantasy
or...is...it............
Old 6th August 2016
Gear Maniac
I was really hoping for SSD5 to release this summer. I'm previewing my album project and despite how long it's taken to finish, I think I'll actually have it done before SSD 5 drops at this rate. Steve, can you give us an ETA?
Old 6th August 2016
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Hi folks, we are fixing some new issues regarding the protection. I'm very sorry for the wait but I promise it will be worth it. Obviously it is in our best interest to only release it when we are certain there are no bugs. Current slate drums users will have a very affordable upgrade path too.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 8th August 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

... and full backward compact-able-billy-titty with the older libraries, I take it, Steven?

Thanks for the info mate. Much appreciated.
Old 11th August 2016 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDP World View Post
Just saw an announcement from Slate on Twitter that there's another addition coming to the Everything bundle this week. (swiss ?) Doubt it's SSD5. Too bad.
SSD is a separate product, not included in the Everything Bundle, just FYI. For the time being Slate Digital plugins specifically are the only ones included. SSD is not considered a Slate Digital plugin.
Old 12th August 2016 | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola111 View Post
SSD is a separate product, not included in the Everything Bundle, just FYI. For the time being Slate Digital plugins specifically are the only ones included. SSD is not considered a Slate Digital plugin.
Yup, but you never can tell what Slate will add to the everything bundle (S-Gear?!). Still hoping that SSD5 comes out in the near future. Didn't use "soon" since that ship has sailed.
Old 17th August 2016
Gear Maniac
Steven, could you at least share a 30 second demo of SSD5 I really wanna at least hear how everything sounds.
Old 18th August 2016
Gear Guru

SSD Sampler AAX 1.101 beta7 ... i am still using this version4 software - the one that is Still on SSD Website .. did i Miss an UPDATE ??? this is just when i downloaded this the 1st time Jan 28th, 2014 ... 2 1/2 years ago .. thats a long time without any updates .. and not to mention i appear to still be running Beta Software !!!!

cheers john
Old 28th August 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

There's a huge ssd4 sale at present so that must mean ssd5 is about to be announced for a summer release of 2019...
Old 28th August 2016
Lives for gear

I have a question for all the people that whine in the Slate threads, when are your products being released? It's obviously
so easy to crank this stuff out.

I can remember when I had to sample drums and create my own crude instruments in a Roland S-760 with 32mb!
We are spoiled having all these amazing kits at our fingertips, SPOILED!! I'll be buying the new SSD5 on the first day but if I can't make music and money with all the tools I have now, it's my own fault and not the software.
Old 28th August 2016 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotaholic View Post
There's a huge ssd4 sale at present so that must mean ssd5 is about to be announced for a summer release of 2019...
bwahhhhhhh! nice.

oh man - poor Steven Slate - i'm sure he can handle it

but everyone is so BRUTAL with his release dates.

understood.

there was an Addictive Drums 2 sale this weekend 2.

i forgot i bought it way back with my 2016 DAW mis-step of the year (Sonar Plat).

bought a couple of packs.

by itself, SSD4 absolutely KILLS it - but blended in with the different AD2 presets.

lawdy lawdy - pretty nice.

and the AD2 GUI is pretty friggin' sweet.

Steven Slate said the SSD5 UI is pretty. hopefully it has some EQ/Comp or channel strip functionality similar to AD2.

i like the AD2 UI. may be too much for some.

but again to emphasize - SSD4 for best drum sounds!!! A+
Closed