The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
4 preamp of comparable quality to Twin/Forte/Duet
Old 8th January 2015
Here for the gear

4 preamp of comparable quality to Twin/Forte/Duet

I'm putter together a small home studio and have been looking at interfaces like the Forte, Apollo Twin, and Duet 2. My only problem is I would love to be able to record 3-4 instruments simultaneously without having to buy multiple pieces of gear. I want to keep it under $1k and don't need 8 preamps. I'm wondering if there are any 4 preamp interfaces out there with preamp quality on par with excellent units with less I/O like the Twin etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 8th January 2015
Lives for gear

Did you know that we make a Quartet with four mic preamps?
Quartet - USB Audio Interface - Apogee Electronics
Old 7th February 2015
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb2alta View Post
I'm putter together a small home studio and have been looking at interfaces like the Forte, Apollo Twin, and Duet 2. My only problem is I would love to be able to record 3-4 instruments simultaneously without having to buy multiple pieces of gear. I want to keep it under $1k and don't need 8 preamps. I'm wondering if there are any 4 preamp interfaces out there with preamp quality on par with excellent units with less I/O like the Twin etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Keep away from the Duet or Quartet. The Mac drivers are a disaster. Apogee is now no longer responding to tickets for it because they have no solutions.
Old 8th February 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafka View Post
Keep away from the Duet or Quartet. The Mac drivers are a disaster. Apogee is now no longer responding to tickets for it because they have no solutions.
This is complete BS. I owned and used a Quartet all the way into Mavericks with no problems. I sold it to someone with is using it with no problems. They do not make Mac drivers they use core audio. I am now running an Ensemble Thunderbolt with no problems as are people using Symphony with USB with no problems.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search