The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
I will give you $20 to design my computer!!
Old 16th January 2015
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassmankr View Post
Microcenter currently has for in-store pickup that CPU and motherboard combo for $410, saving you $58 over what you have listed above.

Intel Processor Motherboard Bundles | Micro Center
Good looking out on this.

It looks like I can pick up everything but the RAM in-store tomorrow for just over $620. Maybe I'll show them what I'm looking at for RAM and see if the can match it with something.

Should I buy it online and pick it up, or am I better off going in and finding a sales person and seeing if I can catch a deal on something that way?

-r
Old 17th January 2015
Lives for gear

Each Microcenter store will have it's own web page (linked from the main page) where you can check stock/availability and calling that particular store to also check can't hurt.

As for buying other items there, if they have low price on it great but it's not a big deal if you get different components from different places and save a few extra dollars in the process. Microcenter tends to have the best prices on CPU's, Motherboards, cases, small items. Newegg tends to have the best sale prices on name power supplies. Someone else might have best price on ram or hard drives like Amazon. That's why they call it shopping.

As for your specific question on Microcenter and ram, typically they are high on price for that. If you check there for a substitute remember you are looking for compatibility with your particular motherboard and for apples to apples comparison you have to look at a stick's timings at a particular speed.
Old 17th January 2015
Gear Nut

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gearslutz Help - Popa2caps's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

You only get that price for the motherboard at Microcenter when you buy a 4th gen CPU.

I might have added some 2TBS hehe i love me space. I'm not sure if you ever used a Samsung SSD yet but i love mine, first one same one too. It starts off like 433MB for Read and write but if you enable (Rapid Mode) It starts a RAM disk, uses 1Gb of your RAM and makes the speed crazy as hell.

https://app.box.com/s/e6hoz6r5ugy6pvb7h2fwv3fxvmxa5q5v Box.net

When i updated my i7-4790k i had to do a bios update from the bios, over the net was failing. Not sure if the Z97 will need that update, just check volts on the cpu and check to see if the volts are past 1.2. Mine was 1.4v and 100c temp lol
Old 19th January 2015
Here for the gear
Well... I found everything I wanted at Microcenter and the price was right.
I did find out that you could "bundle" any of the motherboards and processors and you got like $40 off the board. I ended up going with a Gigabyte board rather than the MSI. Mostly because it was cheaper and seemed to have what I needed.
I also had to add a PSU. The one I was trying to reuse didn't have some connectors I needed and only had 2 SATA power ports. Grabbed a reasonably priced one at Best Buy this afternoon (probably wasn't the best choice).
Memory will be here on Tuesday. I'll see if I can make it all work then.
The only thing I don't have is the DVD burner. Both of the ones I have use a IDE cable and my motherboard doesn't have one. (didn't realize that until it was too late)

Core I7 4790k -$280
Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 -$70
CoolMaster Hyper 212 EVO -$37
Thermaltake Smart 650w -$50
Samsung 850EVO (250GB) -$140
Additional USB Bay -$20
Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz -$160
Windows 8.1 Pro - $75

Total $795 (Plus whatever tax was)
I'm sure I could have saved a few bucks here and there, but getting it all in hand now was the cost I traded.
https://flic.kr/p/qzb8my

-r
Old 20th January 2015
Here for the gear

[email protected] renopowers for your effort.

Since the prices are a little higher I made some minor adjustments. Could anybody take a quick look at it? Thanks

Purposed for PT11 with Fireface UC

Core I7 4790k
MSI Z87-G43
CoolMaster Hyper 212 EVO
Thermaltake Berlin 630w
Samsung 850EVO (250GB)
Seagate Barracuda 1TB
G.Skill DIMM 16GB DDR3-2400
Windows 8.1 Pro
Old 28th January 2015
Gear Maniac

Must be a typo; there's a couple of zeroes missing
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search