The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I need help: NI Action Strings
Old 1st January 2015
Gear Addict

I need help: NI Action Strings

I have all latest updates on software, kontact, Logic Pro X and OSX. I pull up Action Strings. The I hit a key on the visual Keyboard at bottom of Action Strings window. I hear the phrase repeat over and over like it suppose to. When I hit the same note on my Yamaha midi connected keyboard, I get just one sample, the phrase does not repeat over and over.

On NI videos, when the user hits actual keyboard key, it performs over and over like the software keyboard.

What am I doing wrong. I want hitting my yamaha keyboard to activate the phrases like it suppose to> Please help
Old 2nd January 2015
Lives for gear

hmm... does it require the transport on your daw to be moving?
Old 2nd January 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestermagneto View Post
hmm... does it require the transport on your daw to be moving?
No. I start transport and same thing. Just root note of sample. I only have Midi out to interface cable. I wounder if I need to utilize the midi In port as well?
Old 2nd January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abery Clark View Post
No. I start transport and same thing. Just root note of sample. I only have Midi out to interface cable. I wounder if I need to utilize the midi In port as well?
you are seeing midi input in Logic right? It shouldn't require any more then that... if I remember correctly in Action Strings, there is a box that you have to click to enable the animator or whatnot.... but if it is getting midi input, both in Kontakt standalone mode, or as an Au, it should then play the whole passage....
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search