The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
what's the most cost-effective way of getting full kontakt player? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 13th December 2014
Lives for gear

what's the most cost-effective way of getting full kontakt player?

I've been spending an hour looking at various bundles, inclusions with hardware etc and was curious if anyone knew the Native Instruments product line well enough to guide me as to the most cost-effective way of obtaining kontakt full?

Thanks!
Old 13th December 2014
Gear Head

Black Friday Sale. It Was 50% Off.
Old 13th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by arimalan View Post
Black Friday Sale. It Was 50% Off.
Ah you must be Captain Hindsight, love your work!
Old 13th December 2014
Lives for gear
If all you need is the Kontakt Player there is a free version. I'm not sure about it's limitations though.
Komplete : Samplers : Kontakt 5 Player | Products
Old 13th December 2014
Lives for gear

Often even cheaper than the BF sales is getting it second hand. Bought my copy for 160 bucks.
Old 13th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFO8 View Post
Often even cheaper than the BF sales is getting it second hand. Bought my copy for 160 bucks.
That was my assumption.

It also seems like getting komplete or komplete elements is really the best bang for the buck, not necessarily the cheapest way. I was even wondering if getting a maschine mikro gets me a full kontakt license? I really don't understand the wording on the bundle for that because if so a mikro is cheaper than the regular kontakt license.
Old 14th December 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtROBOT View Post
Ah you must be Captain Hindsight, love your work!
I mean.. you did kinda just miss the biggest sale of the year. lol

Nah... Maschine (all versions) comes w/ full versions of MASSIVE, PRISM, SCARBEE MARK I, and the SOLID BUS COMP. Not Kontakt.

Some software out there (usually DAWs) comes with Komplete Elements, which is watered down but has some decent content in it.

I would also look for a second hand license at this point, if you didn't want to wait for another sale. I'd probably trust folks on the classifieds here or on kvraudio.com. Not sure if I'd trust anyone else, unless it was backed by Paypal and I had a sense of security. If not... just wait for a sale.

Personally... I think it's best to get Komplete instead of Kontakt individually. The way they priced everything, it just makes sense... there's entirely too much good software and too many kontakt instruments you'd be leaving on the table by buying Kontakt separate.... unless you plan to only buy third party instruments (ie La Scoring Strings, Cinesamples, Big Fish Audio, Symphobia etc etc).

So yeah... personally, i'd try to wait maybe 60 days to see if they offer any more sales. If not... i'd see what I could grab second hand.
Old 14th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenix View Post
I mean.. you did kinda just miss the biggest sale of the year. lol

Nah... Maschine (all versions) comes w/ full versions of MASSIVE, PRISM, SCARBEE MARK I, and the SOLID BUS COMP. Not Kontakt.

Some software out there (usually DAWs) comes with Komplete Elements, which is watered down but has some decent content in it.

I would also look for a second hand license at this point, if you didn't want to wait for another sale. I'd probably trust folks on the classifieds here or on kvraudio.com. Not sure if I'd trust anyone else, unless it was backed by Paypal and I had a sense of security. If not... just wait for a sale.

Personally... I think it's best to get Komplete instead of Kontakt individually. The way they priced everything, it just makes sense... there's entirely too much good software and too many kontakt instruments you'd be leaving on the table by buying Kontakt separate.... unless you plan to only buy third party instruments (ie La Scoring Strings, Cinesamples, Big Fish Audio, Symphobia etc etc).

So yeah... personally, i'd try to wait maybe 60 days to see if they offer any more sales. If not... i'd see what I could grab second hand.
Solid advice, thanks!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search