The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro tools 8 fading out a song Help! DAW Software
Old 1st November 2014
  #1
Lives for gear
 

Pro tools 8 fading out a song Help!

I am using Pro Tools 8 and select all tracks in the edit screen. And select all tracks from the end of song. The fade works but near the end of the fade when it gets close to being done it cuts off instead of fading out completely and professional sounding! Can anyone please help!!
Old 1st November 2014
  #2
Registered User
 

Is this only when you're listening to the track in Pro Tools, or does it happen after you've bounced everything to a single stereo file?

Are you certain your ending tracks don't cut off before the fade comes to complete silence?

I think we'll need more info to help you out. And, I'd recommend posting this in anywhere but the high-end forum.
Old 1st November 2014
  #3
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBlack View Post
Is this only when you're listening to the track in Pro Tools, or does it happen after you've bounced everything to a single stereo file?

Are you certain your ending tracks don't cut off before the fade comes to complete silence?

I think we'll need more info to help you out. And, I'd recommend posting this in anywhere but the high-end forum.

Yes Im certain the ending track are not cutting off before the fade comes to complete silence. Also when playing back on a stereo it does the same thing!
Old 2nd November 2014
  #4
Do the fade in volume automation on the master. Are you using gates anywhere? Editing audio is pre plugin...
Old 2nd November 2014
  #5
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Do the fade in volume automation on the master. Are you using gates anywhere? Editing audio is pre plugin...
Thanks,I will do that. Not using any gates. Are you also saying before using a plug in I should do my editing like cleaning up a track? I don't see where it would make a difference unless there is something I don't know...
Old 2nd November 2014
  #6
Gear Guru
 
jwh1192's Avatar
1) do you have a Master Comp that has a Fade Out built in ??? 2) are you fading individual tracks ?? 3) you say you have NO Automation on your master fader - right ?

just fishing for more info
Old 2nd November 2014
  #7
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabler View Post
Thanks,I will do that. Not using any gates. Are you also saying before using a plug in I should do my editing like cleaning up a track? I don't see where it would make a difference unless there is something I don't know...
I like your credits! I will be supporting them and you! Did you get to work on the song (Happy)
Old 2nd November 2014
  #8
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
1) do you have a Master Comp that has a Fade Out built in ??? 2) are you fading individual tracks ?? 3) you say you have NO Automation on your master fader - right ?

just fishing for more info
Just using the plug ins in Pro tools. I don't think any of the have a fade out feature. Not fading individual tracks. I can try automation n the master fader. Thanks for your help...
Old 2nd November 2014
  #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabler View Post
I like your credits! I will be supporting them and you! Did you get to work on the song (Happy)
No, I recorded Alicia's vocal for "Know who you are"....

Good luck and let us know how you get on!
Old 2nd November 2014
  #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabler View Post
Thanks,I will do that. Not using any gates. Are you also saying before using a plug in I should do my editing like cleaning up a track? I don't see where it would make a difference unless there is something I don't know...
I mean that if you're fading out by using a fade on the audio (as opposed to automation), that will be before any plugin. Which means if you've got a gate on a track, you're fading out INTO the gate - which could cause the effect you mention.
Old 2nd November 2014
  #11
Gear Guru
 
jwh1192's Avatar
the OP did say this … "Not fading individual tracks" … so it seems like a master fader thing … or could it ba a bad END of SONG selection .. maybe there was something left past the end of song selection … just thinking out loud ..

Gabler .. can you post your Session File ONLY … happy to take a look and see if there is something in there that is odd … cheers john
Old 2nd November 2014
  #12
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
I mean that if you're fading out by using a fade on the audio (as opposed to automation), that will be before any plugin. Which means if you've got a gate on a track, you're fading out INTO the gate - which could cause the effect you mention.
Ok thanks. Can I ask you, pro studios like you work in still are using high end analog consoles right?
Old 2nd November 2014
  #13
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
the OP did say this … "Not fading individual tracks" … so it seems like a master fader thing … or could it ba a bad END of SONG selection .. maybe there was something left past the end of song selection … just thinking out loud ..

Gabler .. can you post your Session File ONLY … happy to take a look and see if there is something in there that is odd … cheers john
Nothing past the end of the song. I will just try the automation of the master fader. Thanks for everyones help!
Old 2nd November 2014
  #14
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
No, I recorded Alicia's vocal for "Know who you are"....

Good luck and let us know how you get on!
Great to be able to have you here! Thanks for taking your time to talk with me! !
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump