The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MOTU Electric Keys for Rhodes and Whurli? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 30th October 2014
Gear Head

MOTU Electric Keys for Rhodes and Whurli?

Hi!

I am looking to buy some some Rhodes and Whurlitzer sounds. I have read some of the previous posts but most of them are from 2012 era. A friend/sweetwater rep told me he thinks the Motu Electric Keys are what I need but I just wanted to see if anyone else has used it and thought the sounds were good...

Thanks for your help,

-Jordan
Old 30th October 2014
Yeah actually I have this and it's my go-to for any and all EP sounds. There are plenty of other cool things in the library as well (CP keys, Mellotron type sounds, toy pianos, etc.).

Very cool, IMO one of the best things MOTU ever did.
Old 30th October 2014
Gear Head

Im also wondering how the MOTU compares to the Scarbee, LoungLizard, Broken-Whurly, redtape, addictive keys, Arturia Wurlitzer, toontraks, UVI retro and tines.... and pretty much everything else available..
Old 30th October 2014
Lives for gear
It's a divisive subject, keys...

I love NeoSoul Keys for Rhodes, but I don't use the fx section

And I like (not love) the Wurli from Arturia. I hear they have a new Farifsa I want to try.
Old 1st November 2014
Lives for gear

I bought EK when it first came out. At that time, it was some of the best available. That said, it's not really deep-sampled. Only about six velocity layers. And it has a tendency IMO, to disappear in a blend. But, considering that it comes with quite a few instruments, if you don't need "great" EP sounds it works well. As another post said, check out Neo Soul keys. I think Jamaal(the owner) pretty much has the best sampled EP right now. He has a Wurli as well. Lots of layers...
Old 1st November 2014
Gear Nut
Have a look at Stage Premier 96k. Sounds awesome!
Old 1st November 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0G0MRM0J0 View Post
Yeah actually I have this and it's my go-to for any and all EP sounds. There are plenty of other cool things in the library as well (CP keys, Mellotron type sounds, toy pianos, etc.).

Very cool, IMO one of the best things MOTU ever did.
+1
Old 1st November 2014
Gear Head

Very cool. I just bought BROKEN WURLITZER and I absolutely love it. So the Whurli problem is solved. Now I just need to solve the Rhodes problem. The thing is with the MOTU...I dont want all the other sounds. I will pay whatever I have to for the best sampled rhode sounds period. Just having trouble finding the best.

J
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search