The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Possible to control mix level of a plugin? Utility Plugins
Old 18th October 2014
Lives for gear

Possible to control mix level of a plugin?

Most plugins in Logic have a mix fader.

However, there are some things I'd like to add plugin wise to a channel strip but would like to control the mix amount so I don't have to waste a bus sending some signal to a plugin.

Is there any way to do this within the channel strip? I want to add in some of Logic's amp sims but it processes the whole signal.
Old 18th October 2014
Lives for gear

That looks useful.
Old 20th October 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber View Post
Most plugins in Logic have a mix fader.

However, there are some things I'd like to add plugin wise to a channel strip but would like to control the mix amount so I don't have to waste a bus sending some signal to a plugin.

Is there any way to do this within the channel strip? I want to add in some of Logic's amp sims but it processes the whole signal.
Reaper has a mix control for every plugin ( even third party plugs) that is independent of the actual plugin UI. It's a fantastic feature.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search