The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic stereo problem Studio Monitors
Old 24th September 2014
Here for the gear

Exclamation Logic stereo problem

Hi everybody, excuse me for my second question this day. I simply keep running into problems.

I've been sat mixing for a few hours now, keeping to a workaround of what I consider a serious issue.

I seems that Logic (Pro 9) is sending significantly more sound through the left side than the right.

I'm using a Mackie Big Knob for assigning my speakers (A set of Behritones and a set of Event 20/20's) and on the parameter it clearly shows that there's being sent way more sound through to the left side than to the right. It's a problem in mono and also when i try to pan selected tracks all the way to either the left or right (the left being significantly louder, fuller and clearer).

It's also clearly heard with my humble human ears...

Is there any way to configure the output of Logic itself?

Thanks a lot,
Lucas.
Old 24th September 2014
Lives for gear

First thought - are the output meters in Logic itself demonstrating that the left side is louder?

If you're seeing what would otherwise seem normal coming from the software, meaning both meters dancing about the same level, then it's to do with your Big Knob and or audio interface.

Another quick check is to just play a tune from the computer, or any wav/aiff file.

In Logic there really isn't much int the way of adjusting this, other than a default stereo output in the I/O Assignment box under Audio Preferences.

Check all plugins, maybe, inadvertently, one of them got tweaked and is outputting louder on the left.

Check your interface settings and preferences.
Check the physical connections between everything.

Good luck!
Old 24th September 2014
Here for the gear

Thanks for the reply!

Logic is showing a difference in it's own parameters as well.

I'll try disabling the plugins to see if that's the issue. thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search