The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Parallels Desktop for Mac / Audio?
Old 17th November 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Question Parallels Desktop for Mac / Audio?

Hey guys,
has anybody tried Parallels Desktop for Mac on his Intel Mac?

I wonder how it handles hardware drivers for audio... for example, I wanna run Fruity Loops on Windows through my Firewire Audio Interface (Focusrite Saffire) - does this work?
Basically I'm a Logic Pro User but there are a coupld Audio Applications for Windows I wanna use without switching the Boot Partition every time.

Would be great if the Windows Audio Applications just played back the audio through Mac OS X Core Audio... but does it really?

Thanks,
Marc

PS: For those who don't know the heck what I'm talkin about, here's a link:
http://www.parallels.com/en/products/desktop/
Old 25th September 2010
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Answering such fairly old topic is in the category of werid behavior, I know. But for the random Googler such as me who crossees it, it is nice to have some answer. I will try to compose this post with questions of my own and output ny current knowledge.

It seems we have quite the same setup. I would like to connect my FireWire Foucsrite Saffire (the original model which I bought used for as low as 160 EUR and it is working perfectly in all Mac audio applications) to any sort of Windows emulation software to occasionaly run some radio automation suite.

As it's known for Parallels 5, it does exactly what you wanted. Generic drivers are installed on the guest machine and system ouputs are routed to CoreAudio of your Mac. There is, for now (version 6 was released not long ago, I don't have nay information hwo things are there), no direct FireWire auio support.

Now, that is not as good for me because I would like to achieve only that. Is outputting directly to a FireWire audio device possible in any other emulation software?

Thank you!

Best regards,
BIG_Yack

P. S.: The software I would like to rung among others is RadioDJ, found at RadioDJ – Free Radio Automation Software ...
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…