The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ReaPitch equivalent VST needed!
Old 7th August 2014
Here for the gear

ReaPitch equivalent VST needed!

hi!

After 2 days of searching I have found nothing. I am looking for a VST plugin that does exactly what ReaPitch does, but can be used in Cubase.

I need to take a mono track (vox) and send it to an effect buss which will then pitch shift the mono track up in cents, and pan it left and do the same to the right and shift down etc.

I cannot for the life of my find one which does both the panning (to hard left and hard right), and allows fine tuning in cents.

ReaPitch is awesome as you can add two pitch shifters in the one instance, but there is no standalone version for use outside reaper!

Any help much appreciated!
Old 7th August 2014
Lives for gear

Schwa CMX is on the Stillwell Audio page. It's free to try. It doesn't work much like ReaPitch, but if you're only looking to do the panned/shifted in cents thing, then it does exactly that.
Old 7th August 2014
Here for the gear

thanks electric sugar - I have that plug and tried it out thinking Ive hit the nail on the head but alas, I couldn't get it sounding the same, not nearly as wide.

However, I played around with it a bit more since your post and I think I have something pretty close by using the pitch shifters in CMX and putting the delay as low as it will go (5ms) and using another plug (ReaJS with the JSLoser: Time Delayer preset) to compensate and sum the delays back to the 11 and 13 values I wanted and that seems to have widened it a bit more.

Perhaps with CMX it doesnt pan them as much, or the order it applies panning and pitch is different.

Would have preffered one plugin but there we go, at least its working 90%.
Old 7th August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeg0 View Post
thanks electric sugar - I have that plug and tried it out thinking Ive hit the nail on the head but alas, I couldn't get it sounding the same, not nearly as wide.

However, I played around with it a bit more since your post and I think I have something pretty close by using the pitch shifters in CMX and putting the delay as low as it will go (5ms) and using another plug (ReaJS with the JSLoser: Time Delayer preset) to compensate and sum the delays back to the 11 and 13 values I wanted and that seems to have widened it a bit more.

Perhaps with CMX it doesnt pan them as much, or the order it applies panning and pitch is different.

Would have preffered one plugin but there we go, at least its working 90%.
This begs the question, why not just process in reaper and export?
Old 7th August 2014
Here for the gear

I want an fx channel that I can pass different tracks to in order to widen them up, vox, synths etc
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search