The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sonimus Satson vs Sonimus Britson Saturation Plugins
Old 21st June 2018
Lives for gear
Sonimus recently had a promotion where they gave out free licenses.
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
Sonimus recently had a promotion where they gave out free licenses.
Yea i saw that email - couldn't tell if it read like it was a competition or if your guaranteed a license for following the instructions. Either way I guess that + the prolonged sale is in anticipation of the new strip coming out.. I hope so at least, I'm eagerly awaiting it, I think I'd rather not know and it just drop

- to the poster asking if the plugs need to work together, they are independent of one another, the channel works without the buss and vice versa, it's not like aw console where one needs the other to function correctly.
Old 22nd June 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklo View Post

- to the poster asking if the plugs need to work together, they are independent of one another, the channel works without the buss and vice versa, it's not like aw console where one needs the other to function correctly.
thanks.

the manual is actually a good read.

i want to know what goes on in that little "saturation" box.
Attached Thumbnails
Sonimus Satson vs Sonimus Britson-sat-channel.jpg   Sonimus Satson vs Sonimus Britson-sat-buss.jpg  
Old 27th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
Thanks for tips i need to check Hornet stuff yet. I have VCC and Waves etc. But for some reason more i add them more i don't like them. I am not driving them hard but they build up very noticeable harshness (to me). So i see them more as a occasional color effects. Specially VCC. If i need obvious color for drums i use vcc but not as console more like color shape tool.

Britson on the other hand almost never betray me in harshness it's such cool subtle effect like some sort of magic. I can totally imagine desk thing with it. Everything just open up.

Fantastic.

Hi Xmein,

I know Ardis answered your question for the most part but I just wanted to add a few things in regards to what you mentioned such as adding two instances on each channel and when the channel is saturating, just so your clear and to anyone else wondering who passes by this.

With the saturation turned on (On switch) on the channel plugin, it will be saturating the signal in varying degrees depending on how hard you hit it. If it's below the 0, or above the 0, it will still be saturating just less or more. It doesn't stop saturating below 0. Simply switch it on and off to hear the saturation come in and go and get used to what it's doing.

There's no need to add 2 of them. If you want to saturate it and keep a consistent level just click output compensation on the back, this lets you drive it whilst maintaining the level going into it, though it increases slightly when you drive it harder. I don't usually drive it as I have other things I prefer to do that with. Where I think this excels is hitting around 0vu and just letting it stack up across a song.

Just have one, at the end or beginning of your channel (up to you, I use it at the beginning). Get it hitting around 0, use your ears if you want more or less, that's it! With percussion, ofc it will read lower on the meters as it's VU and reacts slower than a peak meter so you have them hitting lower if you want to maintain good gain staging. (I'm sure you kno this, it's just for those that don't)

I then put one instance of buss on each buss, I turn the crosstalk off on those and just leave it on the master channel instance, otherwise I find it can stack up and not sound as good as just one instance, this can vary though, depends what the song calls for.

Anyway, they are rather simple to use once you get going. I appreciate English isn't your first language so I hope this is clear, do read the manual a few times just to memorize it all and these will become second nature very quickly.

I agree with your feelings on Sonimus, they are really great tools. I use stoneq4k, TuCo and satson all the time now and they are all very high quality.
Old 27th June 2018
Took me a long time to get around to trying Satson. I was totally satisfied with VCC until Satson made it sound narrow and closed up when I compared them. Was honestly not expecting that. Instantly replaced every instance of VCC in my current project with Satson with great success IMO. David slays Goliath.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Hey guys, if you have been waiting for Britson deal

Sound like a Pro: Crazy Deal!!
You can get a professional and analog sounding mix using these three Sonimus plugins for just $56.
▪ TuCo: $ 28.-
▪ Britson: $ 28.-
▪ SonEQ: Free (as allways)
This is a limited time offer.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search