The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
tascam uh7000 Audio Interfaces
Old 5th October 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeorge View Post
The saturation when u crank the headphone output it was reported from other users as well its cheap ****.Duet 2 could of damage ur hearing the headphone output its mega loud but u said that the uh 7000 its the best u heard so its probably the same ballpark.Seen reviews that people prefer it from the Quartet that's solid considering that the duet and quartet are similar to the symphony.
Might try it in the end it will be better then the id 4 more then likely there are near 15 db difference in the da section
I've never owned one but you should look at the new Audient converter shootout video. I thought it was pretty clear that the iD4 was by far worse sounding than their main upper line ones.

I never push my levels that hot, I am always trying to preserve my hearing, so yeah that's interesting. I don't have a lot of experience cranking headphone amps other than when I maybe also have in earplugs, playing drums or something.

However in-ear monitors in my new solution for that situation, and it's a lot better than plugs under phones, by far.

This Topping that I have does have a great headphone sound. Previously it was the Tascam that I thought was best out of what I had owned. I do still use the Tascam headphone amp sometimes. You know, it just sounds good. Clarett also has a pretty nice headphone amp. Quantum and Audient for some reason they make their phone amps worse than their main outs.
Old 5th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
I've never owned one but you should look at the new Audient converter shootout video. I thought it was pretty clear that the iD4 was by far worse sounding than their main upper line ones.

I never push my levels that hot, I am always trying to preserve my hearing, so yeah that's interesting. I don't have a lot of experience cranking headphone amps other than when I maybe also have in earplugs, playing drums or something.

However in-ear monitors in my new solution for that situation, and it's a lot better than plugs under phones, by far.

This Topping that I have does have a great headphone sound. Previously it was the Tascam that I thought was best out of what I had owned. I do still use the Tascam headphone amp sometimes. You know, it just sounds good. Clarett also has a pretty nice headphone amp. Quantum and Audient for some reason they make their phone amps worse than their main outs.
Well it looks like I will get the tascam then do u think the id 44 would be a bit better then the tascam?Tough I can get the tascam much cheaper.The id 44 has lot of io on other hand but I think the headphone amp its still ****.
Old 5th October 2018
Quote:
Well it looks like I will get the tascam then do u think the id 44 would be a bit better then the tascam?Tough I can get the tascam much cheaper.The id 44 has lot of io on other hand but I think the headphone amp its still ****.
The id44 will def be better. Newer tech. More inputs. Better converters. Better latency. I think the only thing the uh7000 has over the id44(and many interfaces at this point even still in 2018) is it's headphone amp. The thing is fantastic.
Old 5th October 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
I'm inclined to go with @doom3crazy

even though I've never tried an iD44

but if you don't need "that much" I don't see why you can't stick to a small interface.

I guess it depends how much you have to spend.
Old 6th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom3crazy View Post
The id44 will def be better. Newer tech. More inputs. Better converters. Better latency. I think the only thing the uh7000 has over the id44(and many interfaces at this point even still in 2018) is it's headphone amp. The thing is fantastic.
I don't have studio so would be good to have good usable headphone amp the audient one sucks.Decisions. ..Definetely think tough the id 4. Its a bit bottleneck for the quallity I am after the lowend its a bit thin heard it in the the audient video as well
Old 6th October 2018
don't remember where i read that but i know the UH7K was prized for the quality of its headphone amp. i personally have had good experience with those in combination with beyerdynamic DT990's and the levels seems properly calibrated. The tascam was already a good value for its street price so i can imagine at the used price below $200 it's hard to beat.

perhaps it's more a question of how much I/O's you can live with. The tascam is limited 2 in 2 out with no option to expand unless it is used in combination with another audio interface as a DAC only and that's a very specific use case in my opinion.
Old 6th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm inclined to go with @doom3crazy

even though I've never tried an iD44

but if you don't need "that much" I don't see why you can't stick to a small interface.

I guess it depends how much you have to spend.
If the uh 7000 its better conversion wise then id 22 this will save me some money even that I want to use later maybe one or 2 outboard boxes but when comes time.for that I will move to a better room and get cranesong solaris plus some other ad.At the moment I just need quality audio interface for my kinda desktop bedroom studio.The id 44 headphone amp worries me.The specs are so far impressive but so its the tascam unit.The id 22 its the worse btw in their test id 14 its better.The id 4 for the price its quite good still its 90 quid and its not that far except.the low.mid.low lack..
Old 6th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vynilr View Post
don't remember where i read that but i know the UH7K was prized for the quality of its headphone amp. i personally have had good experience with those in combination with beyerdynamic DT990's and the levels seems properly calibrated. The tascam was already a good value for its street price so i can imagine at the used price below $200 it's hard to beat.

perhaps it's more a question of how much I/O's you can live with. The tascam is limited 2 in 2 out with no option to expand unless it is used in combination with another audio interface as a DAC only and that's a very specific use case in my opinion.
I have the dt 880 had 770 990 as well the 880 are big let down.Thinking to invest In the new adam headphones But the dt 880 performed a bit better with the duet 2 with the audient are near useless the soundstage its **** bad headphone amp.I might be way too picky here but sucks to downgrade gear everything sounds inferior.I heard yamaha hs 8 with symphony and they was different beer I do have ribbons and they do appreciate nice detailed dac to hear that small crackles and bleeps.in.sounds.On the audient its a bit subdued but still there.
The 990 are very detailed because of the slight high freq bump how do u decribe the sound with the tascam?
Old 16th November 2018
Here for the gear

Can someone share experience about headphone amps and DAC on Tascam UH-7000 vs Audient Id14? For music listening and gaming, and less for composing...

Would it be better to have Audient Id14 + some $100 external headphones amp (would Audient DAC be good enough?) or just Tascam UH-7000?
Old 17th November 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorDarks View Post
Can someone share experience about headphone amps and DAC on Tascam UH-7000 vs Audient Id14? For music listening and gaming, and less for composing...

Would it be better to have Audient Id14 + some $100 external headphones amp (would Audient DAC be good enough?) or just Tascam UH-7000?
I own both. No need for additional headphone amp for the ID14.
The UH 7000 is definitely a step above in terms of definition in the DAC and that translates also in the headphone mix. I keep the ID 14 because of its portability.
Old 17th November 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
I own both. No need for additional headphone amp for the ID14.
The UH 7000 is definitely a step above in terms of definition in the DAC and that translates also in the headphone mix. I keep the ID 14 because of its portability.
Thanks!

In my country for some reason UH-7000 costs twice the price of the ID14 and I wonder is DAC and headphone amp in it worth that additional price, or it just slightly better than ID14?

Also, can you clarify for dumby me — if I want to record an electric guitar with passive pickups — do I need direct input (which is absent on UH-7000, but present on ID14)? Or it can be recorded with any regular input too?
Old 17th November 2018
at 2x the price, I'd go with the ID 14. The ID 14 has a hi Z input for guitars and the GUI is more 'musician-friendly' in my opinion.
Old 17th November 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorDarks View Post
Thanks!

In my country for some reason UH-7000 costs twice the price of the ID14 and I wonder is DAC and headphone amp in it worth that additional price, or it just slightly better than ID14?

Also, can you clarify for dumby me — if I want to record an electric guitar with passive pickups — do I need direct input (which is absent on UH-7000, but present on ID14)? Or it can be recorded with any regular input too?
You're probably going to want a direct box. Something like a Radial J48, Countryman 85, Radial Pro, Rupert Neve DI, etc
Old 20th November 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
at 2x the price, I'd go with the ID 14. The ID 14 has a hi Z input for guitars and the GUI is more 'musician-friendly' in my opinion.

thinking the same thing. Thanks!

Quote:
You're probably going to want a direct box. Something like a Radial J48, Countryman 85, Radial Pro, Rupert Neve DI, etc

yeap, that is what bothers me. Considering Tascam in my country already costs as 2 Audient Id14 and add on top of that spending on good external DI.

I wonder what will happen if I will record without DI or direct box?
Old 21st November 2018
Lives for gear
Has anyone here ever compared either the Tascam, SPL or any of the Audient's with a TC Impact Twin? That is what i currently use and I am certainly happy with it. I think anyone can make a decent sounding record with any converters, but appreciate it's easier to do anything with better sounding gear. Just curious how my TC would stack up. The headphone amp in it seems good too.
Old 22nd November 2018
Gear Addict

Another nice thing of the Tascam is the presence of aes/ebu in and out. It is possible to try old ad/da converters
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search