The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ReValver 4 Amp Sim & Guitar Effects Plugins
Old 18th March 2014
Lives for gear

ReValver 4

Peavey Electronics®, one of the industry’s most progressive musical instrument and audio equipment manufacturers, is proud to introduce the groundbreaking ReValver™ 4 amplifier modeling software. Redesigned from the ground up, this latest version of the award-winning ReValver software contains revolutionary amp modeling capabilities that capture true characteristics of real tube amplifiers.

ReValver is renowned for its industry-leading amp modeling accuracy, which is achieved by modeling an amplifier down to the component level. Now Peavey has updated and improved the modeling engine in ReValver 4, taking amp modeling to a whole new level of realistic tone-shaping possibilities. The new ReValver 4 also incorporates a GUI and UX redesign and the ability to run on a Windows® tablet, plus other high-level features including GIG mode, ACT™ (Audio Cloning Technology) and RIR 2 cabinet modeling.

Based on feedback from the extensive ReValver user community, the application’s redesign has been done so to improve user experience and workflow. The GUI now separates pedal board, amps/cabs and effects into their own views, thus minimizing the amount of vertical scrolling needed to navigate the application.

GIG mode further expands ReValver’s power as a live performance solution by allowing the user to load 8 presets into memory and seamlessly switch between them. The presets can also be assigned to MIDI controller switches. In addition, another primary consideration of the GUI and UX redesign was to make ReValver 4 the ideal solution for amp modeling on Windows tablets. As a result, the combination of ReValver 4, an audio interface, and a Windows tablet makes the perfect live performance rig.

Peavey’s ReValver 4 also features ACT (Audio Cloning Technology) modules that allow the user to mold and shape the guitar sound at both the input (before amp modeling) and output (after modeling). At the input, ACT turns ReValver into an instrument modeler by altering the incoming guitar signal to mimic the sound and characteristics of other instruments, such as acoustics, folk instruments, and even other electric guitar and pickup combinations. At the output, ACT allows the user to load presets that sculpt the signal to fit in a recording mix or mimic the sonic characteristics of famous guitar rigs.

With improved Impulse Responses, ReValver 4’s RIR 2 feature takes cabinet modeling to a whole new level of accuracy and realism by giving the user independent control of speaker configuration, microphone, and mic placement, allowing for almost endless tone shaping options. Plus, the new Pedal Board feature provides a familiar environment to build and edit an effects chain.

With ReValver 4 also comes the introduction of the ReValver Amp Store, allowing users to purchase new amps, stompboxes, effects, and ACT content through in-app purchases. Users can begin with the free version of ReValver 4, and then simply purchase the additional content they desire.

ReValver 4 supports the powerful new AAX plug-in format for Pro Tools®, and can now host both VST and AU plug-ins even in a Pro Tools environment. As always, the software can also be used as a stand-alone virtual amplifier.

Peavey.com: News - Peavey

Old 19th March 2014
no release date yet?
Old 19th March 2014
Lives for gear

Looks promising
Old 19th March 2014
Lives for gear

I tried Revalver way back, don't remember the version number, but it did indeed sound pretty Peavey to me.
Old 19th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiff View Post
I tried Revalver way back, don't remember the version number, but it did indeed sound pretty Peavey to me.
+1
Old 8th April 2014
Gear interested

shocked and stunned that you asked me that but Im fine thank you.

people are starting to lose interest to be honest. III.V is great.But everything thats come out since is slightly better & vIV is taking SO DAMN LONG
Old 8th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggravati0n View Post
shocked and stunned that you asked me that but Im fine thank you.
?
Old 8th April 2014
Gear interested

oh no. 'amp store'.
Old 8th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggravati0n View Post
oh no. 'amp store'.
I never liked the IK idea of this ether, but the base software will be free, so come on this is good news.
Old 9th April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronsmith View Post
I never liked the IK idea of this ether, but the base software will be free, so come on this is good news.
At first glance I didn't like the idea, but as time went by it actually made sense. You get a free base app and extend it with the modules you actually need/want. I think it pays off in the long run - if the practices are fair and pricing is right of course.
Old 9th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
At first glance I didn't like the idea, but as time went by it actually made sense. You get a free base app and extend it with the modules you actually need/want. I think it pays off in the long run - if the practices are fair and pricing is right of course.
I agree, the thing that ik got wrong was their stupid credit system, just charge what it really costs in real money $€£
Old 10th April 2014
I really want to know about upgrades costs.... from 3 to 4... :/
Old 10th April 2014
Gear Maniac

Before having my kemper rack long loooong tima aago i was on revalver 3.5
For sure revalver sounded great. Now i don't need it but...
The best feature for me is the vst host on pro tools environnement.
Hum can't wait to see it in action without trouble. Lol
Old 10th April 2014
Lives for gear

Is it just me, or does anyone else just hate the tones at about 1:00 and 3:20 ?? Sounds like a BOSS distortion pedal straight into the ear.

And who is impressed by multitap delay + chorus to polish a turd? And acoustic guitar simulation? Hello, is this 1986?
Old 10th April 2014
Tui
Gear Guru

I've only tried Revalver HPse, but I've been really impressed. Great tones, and the chorus is in the same league as my TC M3000...
Old 10th April 2014
Lives for gear
The Audio Cloning Tool looks innovative.
Old 12th April 2014
Gear interested

Many new amps, and tweakble like real amps. ReValver MKIII.V you only could tweak some.
Here you could mod the amp/effect like real.
Later (with Ampbuilder)you will be able to built your own amp (If you have the wisdom) and make any amp/effect from ground up with grafic.
The engine of ReValver 4 is complete new.
And release is soon.
Old 17th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mba64 View Post
Many new amps, and tweakble like real amps. ReValver MKIII.V you only could tweak some.
Here you could mod the amp/effect like real.
Later (with Ampbuilder)you will be able to built your own amp (If you have the wisdom) and make any amp/effect from ground up with grafic.
The engine of ReValver 4 is complete new.
And release is soon.
Modding and building amps within the plugin is a fun idea, but if the sound is not there, it's worth absolutely nothing.
Old 18th April 2014
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Leaf View Post
Modding and building amps within the plugin is a fun idea, but if the sound is not there, it's worth absolutely nothing.
I can tell you it is there
Old 10th June 2014
Lives for gear

Some audio samples of how it sounds on some combo amps, to me its bang on, very real sounding.

Sorry i cant play anything more complex.
Old 16th August 2014
Lives for gear

Old 16th August 2014
Lives for gear

Software Revalver 4 Finaly out!

Old 16th August 2014
Tui
Gear Guru

I have ReValver HPse which is a cutdown version. It has a great EQ (!), excellent chorus and good reverb. I'm not a guitarist so I can't speak to the amp modelling.

Overall, I'm impressed with the quality.
Old 16th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
I have ReValver HPse which is a cutdown version. It has a great EQ (!), excellent chorus and good reverb. I'm not a guitarist so I can't speak to the amp modelling.

Overall, I'm impressed with the quality.
Rv4 is nothing to do with HPse
Old 16th August 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronsmith View Post
Yes yes, its been years, but here we go, out this tuesday coming, August 4th 2014

Peavey.com

It sounds really good and its very well priced i think, also there is a free version.
I cant understand why Peavey are not even advertising this.
Ahhh....August 19th
Old 17th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele27 View Post
Ahhh....August 19th
sorry dont know why it came out the 4th when i wrote it, but yes a few days away
Old 17th August 2014
Lives for gear
Thanks for the heads up. Will try.
Old 17th August 2014
Lives for gear

I want to hear raw Marshall Revalver comparisons with Amplitube Slash and Scuffham.
Old 18th August 2014
Gear Head

Thank god I didn't finish the recordings for my new EP. Can't wait to hear how it will sound on my tracks. I'm also looking forward to test the acoustic simulator.
Old 19th August 2014
Lives for gear

Just a few hours away now!
ReValver 4 Modules included for Free

ValveKing and Custom Lite Amp Modules
RIR 2 Lite Cabinet Modeling Module (3 x cabs, 3 x mics, multiple mic positions)
Lite Green and Tremolo Stomp Boxes
C-verb Lite Effects Module
Audio Stream splitter
ACT Content (1 x Acoustic Bundle, 2 x Electric Pickup Bundles, 4 x Output presets)
Access to the Amp Store for an ever growing selection of new modules, cabinets and ACT Content

AMP STORE PRICING
Amp Modules - $7.99
Stomp Boxes - $3.99
Effects/Tools/RIR 2 - $4.99
ACT Bundles - $4.99

RIR 2 Cabinets - $1.99
Cabinet Bundles - $4.99

ReValver 4 Producer Pack: $99.99

ReValver MK III.V Owners Upgrade to Producer Pack: $49.99
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search