The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best amp simulation software? Amp Sim & Guitar Effects Plugins
Old 13th May 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronsmith View Post
Yes its a very famous and complex sound, i was using a different guitar and I use odd tuning too, the first part was "You really got me" but the sampled sound was from "all day and all of the night", which i played on the 2nd part and it was bang on to my ears. To me this is some kind of magic, i cant understand how it can snatch a sound like that.
In practical use i can see this being very handy when going back to a recording and not knowing what settings or amp or even guitar was used, and getting in that ball park, well, its closer then that, in the room i say.
Plus, the way the software works, you can add or take away the gain once its sampled, so its like taking tweeking the original amp, very cleaver.
Ray Davies's tone on those songs is just pure rock.

That gain feature sounds really amazing, if it can pluck the hairs off the distortion and leave a good clean behind. I imagine that takes some real ingenuity to do that.

Other tones I'd be interested to hear would be the intro to Spirit in the Sky and Stevie Ray Vaughn's version of Little Wing. In my opinion, that's pretty much awesome dirty and awesome clean.
Old 28th June 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
I'm sure you will hear, the amp sim is already out, its an add on to it. I'll post here if you like, i think it wont be long, few weeks, months at the most
What's the word on this?
Old 28th June 2016
Gear Nut

There are too many friggin amp sims for me to sort through. They're all "state of the art" "meticulously modeled" "closer to the real thing than ever" "indistinguishable from the real thing" blah blah blah. I settled on EZmix for laying down ideas, and cough up the money to record real amp+cab+mic at a real studio beyond that. Honestly, EZmix sounds so good, it gives me 0 motivation to explore the other stuff mentioned in this thread. And I don't even have any of their "guitar gods" packs.
Old 17th July 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzlewich View Post
What's the word on this?
its out

ACT Combo for Revalver 4

Versatile Amp, EQ, and Cab modeling. Load a target waveform from disk for instant analysis. Amp parameters will be tweaked to fit recorded amp.

Best amp simulation software?-untitled.png
Attached Thumbnails
Old 17th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
its out

ACT Combo for Revalver 4

Versatile Amp, EQ, and Cab modeling. Load a target waveform from disk for instant analysis. Amp parameters will be tweaked to fit recorded amp.

Looks awesome! Is it as simple as loading a guitar clip, or are there further settings to be tweaked?
Old 17th July 2016
Yes its very easy to profile, quick video i made to show you.
Old 18th July 2016
I agree,it sounds good,but so do lot's of others.

I have a Peavey JSX Combo[thought it would be Less of a lug,than 2203,and 4x12]....not even close it weighs 95 pounds

Peavey have done some good things over the years,so it's good to know the sims are good too.

Amplitube 4 Red Pig with a Boss DS-1 in front of the interface is my best Hi Gain ATM,without ole Betsy Marshall,and 4x25w Celestions.

For Cleans,lots of things work very well.
Old 18th July 2016
Demoing Peavey Revalver 4,WOW where has this thing been hiding?,it's a definitive Step Up from what has come before, are my initial impressions.

Very Good
Old 18th July 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by rksguit View Post
Demoing Peavey Revalver 4,WOW where has this thing been hiding?,it's a definitive Step Up from what has come before, are my initial impressions.

Very Good
Ive been trying to tell people for ages about it. S-Gear and Revalver are the two best out there, but now that RV4 can profile a sound, that makes it very useful indeed.
Old 18th July 2016
Gear Addict
I've been digging Kazrog's Thermionik bundles lately. The only real complaint I have is that each amp is it's own separate plugin, the cab sim is separate, and there isn't a pedalboard module like most other amp sims. The designer said he's working on the latter, though.
Old 19th July 2016
Lives for gear

Its a shame that LePou and other freebies don't run in Protools.
Any recommendations for free guitar sims in AAX format? Preferably that use IR's?
Old 19th July 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry123 View Post
Any recommendations for free guitar sims in AAX format? Preferably that use IR's?
There are a few freebies in AAX that I know of but not a lot. There's a free version of Amplitube that has like 4 amps. There's a free version of the Mercuriall Tube Amp 530 with limited features but it still sounds quite good and you can disable the cab section to use separate IRs (same with Amplitube). There's also AmpLion Free from Audiffex.

I have a list on my website with a bunch of different amp sims.

List of Best Free and Paid Guitar Amp Sims | Masters of Music
Old 19th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry123 View Post
You can always use PatchWork, Metaplugin, or another VST/AU wrapper to use these in PT.
Old 20th July 2016
I only have two, and I think they're great.
Scuffham, and Kuassa
Old 20th July 2016
Deleted 86c3d96
I bought Scuffham S-Gear last week in an Ambien fueled fog. I also ate a shredded wheat biscuit topped with a french hard cheese, dark chocolate, and maple syrup.
Old 20th July 2016
I use Native Instruments Guitar Rig, and I find it the best solution for me.

For bass guitar, I use stock Logic Bass Amp.

I have also Waves GTR 3 but don't like it for guitars, but I do like and use some of the effects (LayD). However, I use GTR3 amps for reamping synths or drums and pedals for various instruments.

I also have amps by AudioAssault, but I think they're more appropriate to metal music, but I like them and I've used it a couple of times.
Old 20th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydraka View Post
There are a few freebies in AAX that I know of but not a lot. There's a free version of Amplitube that has like 4 amps. There's a free version of the Mercuriall Tube Amp 530 with limited features but it still sounds quite good and you can disable the cab section to use separate IRs (same with Amplitube). There's also AmpLion Free from Audiffex.

I have a list on my website with a bunch of different amp sims.

List of Best Free and Paid Guitar Amp Sims | Masters of Music
Thanks! I'll take a look.
Old 20th July 2016
Gear Maniac

The BIAS-FX is a recommended option. The modelled pedals are pretty close to the originals and the amp sounds (esp hi gain) are very good.
The thing about sims is that different guitars/pickups sound better through different software eg my les paul with p90s and my SG with humbuckers sound the best (really outstanding actually) through BIAS FX - but my Rickenbacker and Strat sound better through S-Gear.
Luckily they're all cheap enough so you don't just have to choose one sim.
Old 21st July 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 86c3d96 View Post
I bought Scuffham S-Gear last week in an Ambien fueled fog. I also ate a shredded wheat biscuit topped with a french hard cheese, dark chocolate, and maple syrup.

People have walked off 3rd floor balconies on that psychotropic hypnotic.

Zolpidem tartrate-Stilnox TM. in Australia-please try to begin to always use the chemical name,using the brand name is akin to saying junk.Sma** is actually yiddish for smell-H***** is/was a Bayer trademark etc,all long term side effects of the War on drugs .

Peavey Revalver 4,and I.K.Multimedia's Amplitube 4 are usable,so are most of the rest.

I wonder who doesn't play electric guitar these days?

Last edited by rksguit; 23rd July 2016 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: usual
Old 21st July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 86c3d96 View Post
No lie, I hear you. I've been on Ambien for 18 years and the food-combinations I crave a few minutes after taking it each night are just unreal.

However, Ambien/Zolpidem does not typically set up a craving in me to buy S-Gear.
Old 21st July 2016
Here for the gear

3 Sigma Audio IR's are all the rage these days. I prefer them over Ownhammer & Redwirez. 3SA is primarily 2 dudes that left Rosen to start their own company.

I use Bias FX Pro+Bias Amp Pro. I'll load the 3SA IR's into Bias Amp, week to my specifications, then save my custom amps which automatically saves to Bias FX. Once you add some quality IR's, the Bias Amps really wake up!
Old 21st July 2016
Deleted 86c3d96
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoodle View Post
No lie, I hear you. I've been on Ambien for 18 years and the food-combinations I crave a few minutes after taking it each night are just unreal.

However, Ambien/Zolpidem does not typically set up a craving in me to buy S-Gear.
A couple of months ago I bought an iPad Pro on my corporate credit card @5am on a Saturday morning. My manager approved it, and wondered why I was working so hard. He get's a copy of the Amazon orders. I told him it was the Ambien.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search