The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
3 Best/Worst Plugin Companies To You - 2014 Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 16th June 2017
Lives for gear

Things were working perfectly fine before this "Gobbler" stuff came along. Maybe it's useful for people who want to rent their plugins (I have no idea), but for the rest of us you have to ask: Why is it there? And as I obviously don't want anything installed on my studio computer that doesn't need to be there, I'm not having anything to do with "Gobbler" or any software developer that wants to force it on me. There's certainly enough alternatives out there.
Old 12th October 2017
Gear Head

Variety Of Sound, StillWell, Toneboosters. Slate was on the list as well until Gobbler :-(
Old 12th October 2017
Lives for gear
Best

Goodhertz
Airwindows
Klanghelm

Excellent innovative plugins
No BS

Worst--anything remotely connected with Gobbler

Slate, Softube, Kush

Used to like their plugins, will not use as long as Gobbler is involved
Old 12th October 2017
Gear Guru
I just bought Kush 458a, no Gobbler involved.......
Old 13th October 2017
Gear Addict

Goodhertz
U-he
Softube
Old 13th October 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardis View Post
I just bought Kush 458a, no Gobbler involved.......
Gobbler is not involved in purchases, but in installation. If you know other ways, feel free to share in the appropriate discussions concerning Gobbler.
Old 13th October 2017
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael B View Post
Gobbler is not involved in purchases, but in installation. If you know other ways, feel free to share in the appropriate discussions concerning Gobbler.
I was responding to the post above mine..... The guy was complaining about Kush and Gobbler. I was merely pointing out, I bought a Kush product and Gobbler wasn't part of the process, since I won't install it on my computer.....
Old 13th October 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardis View Post
I was responding to the post above mine..... The guy was complaining about Kush and Gobbler. I was merely pointing out, I bought a Kush product and Gobbler wasn't part of the process, since I won't install it on my computer.....
Yes, I know. As you can see in one of the Softube discussions, people are actively seeking and sharing methods to install their plug-ins without Gobbler. I'm not a customer of Kush, but as Gobbler is enough to turn me off, it would be nice if you shared how you install Kush without Gobbler in a Kush and/or Gobbler thread for the benefit of prospective Kush buyers. That was all I asked for.
Old 13th October 2017
Gear Guru
Quote:
Yes, I know. As you can see in one of the Softube discussions, people are actively seeking and sharing methods to install their plug-ins without Gobbler. I'm not a customer of Kush, but as Gobbler is enough to turn me off, it would be nice if you shared how you install Kush without Gobbler in a Kush and/or Gobbler thread for the benefit of prospective Kush buyers. That was all I asked for.
Actually I just bought and installed the plug in! Got it off the Kush site when he was having a sale. Gobbler may be a subscription thing?
Old 14th October 2017
Lives for gear

Terrible name..."Gobbler" sounds like a virus. Glad I'm Gobbler free.
Old 28th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
It was merely one example that exists, and not a defense at all. The best defense is to back up the libraries as recommended at point of purchase and to contact IK Support directly if you have a special case to make where you might have lost said backups. Based on the data we have this is neither a huge turnoff at point of purchase nor a huge inconvenience when an issue arises (since, as I point out, special cases where normal backups are not available are heard by IK Support who do a great job taking care of our customers). Your input counter to this is of course duly noted.

Also note that I will still relay your specific concern regardless of the frankly rude labeling of my responses trying to help people here as "stupid". You are free to disagree with business decisions by a company but directly calling a representative of a company who is generally deemed as a helpful resource here stupid is a bit out of line in my opinion. I understand that sometimes anger and frustration is misdirected and I'll happily give some benefit of the doubt and redirect it toward business policies you don't agree with instead of toward an actual person (who didn't make those decisions with which you disagree, by the way).
Your implementation is just really anachronistic nowadays.

When I buy something from Apple AppStore or iTunes, I can download it a billion times with no extra charge, for years. Around a decade, so far!

I mean, get real, and get with it.
Old 28th October 2017
Lives for gear

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredouli View Post
best -
DMG
Fabfilter
Sound toys

Worst -
Slate (Announcing products, get you to buy in to the line that never then materilaise - distressor?! In fact their marketing is just annoying and largely misleading)
Waves (update plans, won't buy or use their plugins again)
Waves could literally just NOT update any plugins for years, basically just abandon them until they are totally broken, and get less flack than they have for actually maintaining them, and making a system that offsets for the programming hours involved.

That said, they really DO need to hammer on full updating for anything they charge WUP for...this includes updating to retina graphics in cases where plugins don't have them.
Old 29th October 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo3 View Post
That said, they really DO need to hammer on full updating for anything they charge WUP for...this includes updating to retina graphics in cases where plugins don't have them.
The latest updates included some GUI graphics changes in some plug-ins like Q10, but I haven't seen them on a Retina display.

Last edited by Mikael B; 29th October 2017 at 08:24 AM..
Old 29th October 2017
Lives for gear

Everyone can interprete the idea of the thread as he/she likes.
I think some people here mix "good products" and "good company".
For me it is added/dimineshed value, which the compary generates with its customer service and organization IN ADDITION to the quality/feature of the products. The quality of the products don't correlate necessarely with the quality of the dynamic movement towards better customer orientation of the company.
Company who listens the customer can often develop succesfully good products.
Old 30th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
The latest updates included some GUI graphics changes in some plug-ins like Q10, but I haven't seen them on a Retina display.
I was really surprised that Dorrough meter doesn't have retina graphics... and with the way I read the specs, I would think it would have FULL support of the latest OS. To me, full support includes retina graphics.

I think that some others that weren't updated in the graphics may specify a lower screen res as suggested, somewhere in the spec. Perhaps Dorrough does as well, but I was still surprised given that the function is a visual one.
Old 30th October 2017
Gear Nut
Best
Harrison. MB 32c Great DAW, great Plugins.
Ik Multimedia AmpliTube 4 plus all the great expansions.
KUSH I Never had a problem with Gobbler, but I will be dropping it and going direct with KUSH end of next months sub.
U-he & Gforce
Toontrack Superior 3

No worst I'm happy with everything I've settled on.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search