The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Messe 2014: Toontrack announces EZdrummer 2, (Available May 6th) Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 6th May 2014
Lives for gear
Well it's May 6. It's been may 6 in Europe, where toontrack is located, for quite some time now. I prepaid for the upgrade through Sweetwater. But Sweetwater has now removed all mentions of EZdrummer2 from their website.
Old 6th May 2014
And......... It's available to buy on the Toon website.
Old 6th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
And......... It's available to buy on the Toon website.
No download available, still reads, 1 Day Left! ?
Old 6th May 2014
Not here.
I went to the EZD2 product page at Toontrack.com. There is a price, and I added it to my cart. I got the message 'Successfully Added To Cart'
I didn't proceed as I don't want to buy it today.
Old 6th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Not here.
I went to the EZD2 product page at Toontrack.com. There is a price, and I added it to my cart. I got the message 'Successfully Added To Cart'
I didn't proceed as I don't want to buy it today.
Does your Toontrack Homepage say, 1 Day Left? I have checked from multiple computers and that is what I see, which means no download, unfortunately. BTW, I bought it a week ago, just cant download.

Something is up.....
Old 6th May 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam c View Post
Does your Toontrack Homepage say, 1 Day Left? I have checked from multiple computers and that is what I see, which means no download, unfortunately. BTW, I bought it a week ago, just cant download.

Something is up.....
Go to your products in your account it IS there to download.
Old 6th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by philait View Post
Go to your products in your account it IS there to download.
Showed up five minutes ago for me. Prior to that, as stated above by someone else as well , there had been a delay. Glad it is available.
Old 6th May 2014
I haven't logged into the toontrack site for a while but it seems that all my EZXs have an update available too. Does anyone know if these updates are for EZDrummer 1 or 2?
Old 6th May 2014
Lives for gear

I've had EZD for quite a long time now. Always liked it, but sifting thru grooves was my least favorite thing to do. I'm liking all the new ways to find grooves.

I've also grown pretty fond of the song part generation features in Logic X's Drummer. But, I prefer to work in Pro Tools most of the time. I know EZD2 is totally different than Logic's Drummer, but I'm hoping it's every bit as intuitive and useful. Drummer intelligently inserts fills/accents in the parts, which is a huge help. I'm often amazed at how appropriate they are, with very little need for additional tweaking.
Old 6th May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistikuffs View Post
I haven't logged into the toontrack site for a while but it seems that all my EZXs have an update available too. Does anyone know if these updates are for EZDrummer 1 or 2?
EZD2 I think.
Old 7th May 2014
Pip
Lives for gear

Quote:
EZD2 I think.
I won't upgrade/download until I can update EZ and all my kits, any word if they have now been updated for EZ2 yet?
Old 7th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiltrip View Post
I've had EZD for quite a long time now. Always liked it, but sifting thru grooves was my least favorite thing to do. I'm liking all the new ways to find grooves.

I've also grown pretty fond of the song part generation features in Logic X's Drummer. But, I prefer to work in Pro Tools most of the time. I know EZD2 is totally different than Logic's Drummer, but I'm hoping it's every bit as intuitive and useful. Drummer intelligently inserts fills/accents in the parts, which is a huge help. I'm often amazed at how appropriate they are, with very little need for additional tweaking.

Looks like the new version is much more "musical" in the way you can assemble parts.

That was long overdue...
Old 7th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip View Post
I won't upgrade/download until I can update EZ and all my kits, any word if they have now been updated for EZ2 yet?
Upgrades were available on the 6th to be compatible with EZ2.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search