The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
T.C. Electronic on UAD-2 OFFICIAL! Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

Wow! VSS4 on UAD would be one great reason to buy in.
Old 12th March 2014
I'm sure I predicted this a couple years ago, when TC said they had "no plans" to port to UAD after discontinuing Powercore. I had at least one conversation with someone where I said "once the bad PR from PoCo doorstopping dies down, just watch..."

That said: perhaps we won't see the Powercore/TDM stuff right away? Maybe they'll do a guitar effects suite based on the current hardware instead?

Time will tell...
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

They'd be better off going native in my view. DSP cards and interfaces are a PITA.
Old 12th March 2014
First of all, I am ready to buy.
1.MD3 or MD4.
2.VSS3 or VSS4.
3.DynEq.
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Addict
Wonder if anyone who has the TC Powercore plugins will have an upgrade path
That would be cool!
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarz View Post
Wonder if anyone who has the TC Powercore plugins will have an upgrade path
Probably not, since they offered some kind of a crossgrade deal to UAD when the PoCo was discontinued I seem to recall. I really hope they do, though, as I still run my PoCo specifically for VSS3 and NonLin2 and, very occasionally, VoiceModeler and Harmony4 for mangled spot effects.
Old 12th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBoulden View Post
Probably not, since they offered some kind of a crossgrade deal to UAD when the PoCo was discontinued I seem to recall. I really hope they do, though, as I still run my PoCo specifically for VSS3 and NonLin2 and, very occasionally, VoiceModeler and Harmony4 for mangled spot effects.
Those are bl**dy great reverbs...!
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecat View Post
Those are bl**dy great reverbs...!
...and the only reason I'm still running the PoCos! Having said that, recently I have been using Cubase's REVerence with some Bricasti impulses on snares and vocals and the newer REVelation for the algorithmic requirements where I would have always used the TC reverbs instead.
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Addict
I'm still running the powercore also. For the Nonlinear and the VSS
Old 12th March 2014
F5D
Lives for gear

TC and UAD should definitely offer a more than fair upgrade path, -80 %?, for poco users who own their plugins. I still have poco pcie with vss3 and nonlin2.
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Head

I would be wonderful if they did, it would be just the impetus I needed to swap out my UAD2 Duo for a quad, or just add another UAD2 card in place of the PoCos. We can but hope!
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Addict

I hope they decide to port some of their metering plugins like the LM6 over as well.
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Nut

Software TC Electronic Announces Development Plans for Universal Audio’s UAD Platform

see link
TC Electronic Announces Development Plans for Universal Audio’s UAD

"Bill Putnam Jr., CEO and Founder of Universal Audio added…

We’re pleased to add TC Electronic to our growing list of Direct Developers for UAD-2. Their decades-long commitment to high quality and innovation with their effects line will give our customers more choices for their music projects.
"
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

I wonder if the useless Powercore licenses I own will count toward anything.....
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

Hopefully the virus plugin will be ported too.
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Nut

i think not :-(
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

OMG OMG OMG MasterX5 on UAD PLEEEEAAAASE!
Old 13th March 2014
Gear Head

And interesting development in the on-going power core saga. Just as I consoled myself over its demise and struggle daily with their 32bit plugins with Cubase 7 64, they announce this.

They can't keep playing with the hearts of power core users!
Old 13th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:

"This is an interesting development and may signal a shift away by TC Electronic from the Pro Tools HDX DSP platform across to the UAD platform"

What TC plugins exactly run on the HDX DSP platform ?
Old 13th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helge View Post
"This is an interesting development and may signal a shift away by TC Electronic from the Pro Tools HDX DSP platform across to the UAD platform"

What TC plugins exactly run on the HDX DSP platform ?
Their metering plugins run AAX native... that's as close as it gets...
Old 13th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecat View Post
Their metering plugins run AAX native... that's as close as it gets...
thanks!
that´s what I thought
Old 13th March 2014
Gear Head

Some of the PoCo plugins were (are still?) available on TDM, either for PT TDM systems or Venue desks (Studio Complete Bundle TDM - Optimize Your Studio Workflow | TC Electronic), maybe they started down the HDX route in development, but decided to switch direction.
Old 13th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBoulden View Post
Some of the PoCo plugins were (are still?) available on TDM, either for PT TDM systems or Venue desks (Studio Complete Bundle TDM - Optimize Your Studio Workflow | TC Electronic), maybe they started down the HDX route in development, but decided to switch direction.
Yeah but the way I look at it - since UAD released AAX 64bit for Mac - is that TC would actually take two steps in the direction of the current PT platform (not away from it).
that would be good news for me
Old 13th March 2014
Gear Head
Would love to see a 2290 plug
Old 13th March 2014
Lives for gear

God damn it!!

I was hoping for native iLok2 versions. Im not gonna put a money-grabbing UAD card into my system.

Running two PoCo PCIe cards in my system and they run flawless with the latest drivers. Bridging works perfect with Sequoia too.

I have not found any replacements for 6000/Virus. Specially the MD3 multiband in front of FG-X is an awesome mastering chain for metal/rock.

Now there is going to be x64 versions of the 6000 plugs and im not gonna be able to run'em.. FML!

Old 13th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lest View Post
Would love to see a 2290 plug
Oh yes, that would be nice.
Old 14th March 2014
I'd love to see Virus ported!

My Virus replacement is a Virus Snow.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

I guess UAD won then eh?
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

looks like they discovered lead guitar

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search