The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
T.C. Electronic on UAD-2 OFFICIAL! Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 1st April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBoulden View Post
I didn't say it was a cross-grade to UAD, I said it was a cross-grade from TC Powercore to Native. It was more an upgrade than a crossgrade, but it involved upgrading to at least the "G3" revisions which used iLok licensing, thus allowing PoCo and Native plugins to be covered by the same iLok license. At the time I think I paid about £40.

Sonnox - PowerCore Support
Yeah, very clear.

I still own the PoCo fiasco and the UAD thing with many plugins oh and the Sonnox native plugins.
I see there is no sensible way to consolidate all this crap into one sensible system without re-purchasing at full price.
Zero regard or consideration to previous investments even though their "moves" are not users' fault whatsoever.

So yeah, I think am pretty much fed up with this UAD, TC and all related accelerator cards bs.

Nothing will convince me that re-purchasing the same products I already own at full price is a good idea.

Shame on those companies, both manufacturers and plugin developers if they don't change this ridiculous policy.

Provide a sensible crossgrade path to current users or fvck off.

Old 12th April 2014
Gear Addict

This is a win win for me. Not only will they inevitably port VSS3, that which I will quickly purchase, as it is the only plugin I have ever truly missed and not been able to replace with an AAX Native/DSP plug... but I will be able to use all of my old uad plugs that I built up over the years but stopped using once I went TDM and then HDX.

Consider me stoked! I need some VSS3 back in my mixes!
Old 12th April 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by m127f View Post
Provide a sensible crossgrade path to current users or fvck off..

I think that everyone should probably relax until UAD and TC announce their actual plans in a formal statement. We all know that a lot goes into plugin development... it is one thing when it is a new format to begin with - like AAX - that takes a lot of time to code from the ground up... but it is a whole other thing when it is a new format AND a new mode of delivery - UAD2. I imagine it will be even more complicated... and thus I would expect that the crossgrade price will reflect that.

With that said - I have a difficult time believing that TC and UAD are not going to provide a sensible crossgrade. It would not be very wise of them from a reputation standpoint to screw their existing users. That's something that I would expect from Avid, not UAD or TC. We will hopefully find out plugs and prices soon.
Old 12th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
I think that everyone should probably relax until UAD and TC announce their actual plans in a formal statement. We all know that a lot goes into plugin development... it is one thing when it is a new format to begin with - like AAX - that takes a lot of time to code from the ground up... but it is a whole other thing when it is a new format AND a new mode of delivery - UAD2. I imagine it will be even more complicated... and thus I would expect that the crossgrade price will reflect that.

With that said - I have a difficult time believing that TC and UAD are not going to provide a sensible crossgrade. It would not be very wise of them from a reputation standpoint to screw their existing users. That's something that I would expect from Avid, not UAD or TC. We will hopefully find out plugs and prices soon.
I have my fingers crossed........

Hey Zoot, I'm from Cortland NY too!!!! Wow.
Old 12th April 2014
TNM
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecat View Post
Agreed - there are a lot of superb native reverbs - what Valhalla DSP and 2C Audio are doing are both incredible - but I will add my +1 to the opinion that VSS3 is still outstanding as well, a real classic.
100% agree
Old 12th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictunz View Post
Probably not! I don't think Uad care anymore! A Uad 1 card could run 40+ 1176 plugins. Uad 2 can only run like 12 1176 mill...

They are giving less DSP per buck, the octos should've been $999 and the quad for half of that IMHO. But hopefully Uad 3 is a coming!
Dude i dont want to argue about it, and im not out to prove you wrong or anything, but this just isnt true. The numbers are identical.

The new 1176s are a better plugin. They require more DSP and for that matter dont even run on UAD1. When you compare plugins that run on BOTH UAD1 and 2 the numbers are identical.

Plugins that require more power is standard procedure. Nothing exclusive to UA.
Old 12th April 2014
I have 2 Powercore Firewires. One being the 6000 with the mastering software. After all these years of plugin development they still have the very best Brick wall limiter, 3 band mastering grade compressor and very smooth EQs. The reverbs are fantastic along with just about everything they had to offer from themselves and affiliates. I still switch over to 32 bit to use their software for mastering and often just to use the plethora of fantastic plugs. Everything still works under Mac Mavericks so other than the fact it does not support 64 bit I still get a lot of milage from them. If UAD offers me a good upgrade path I would go for it just to have 64 bit.
Old 12th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbird View Post
Dude i dont want to argue about it, and im not out to prove you wrong or anything, but this just isnt true. The numbers are identical.

The new 1176s are a better plugin. They require more DSP and for that matter dont even run on UAD1. When you compare plugins that run on BOTH UAD1 and 2 the numbers are identical.

Plugins that require more power is standard procedure. Nothing exclusive to UA.
man I don't even remember what we were talking about lol. I just think uad3 is already being tested and is/has probably been ready long ago.

But what I mean by they don't care is the fact that the new mkll 2 plugins really eat up DSP, but yet they still only made Apollo's up to quad cores.

But I think we are on the same page actually
Old 12th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictunz View Post
man I don't even remember what we were talking about lol. I just think uad3 is already being tested and is/has probably been ready long ago.

But what I mean by they don't care is the fact that the new mkll 2 plugins really eat up DSP, but yet they still only made Apollo's up to quad cores.

But I think we are on the same page actually
Yeah i think so. i know youre well in tune with this stuff, and i was 99% sure you just didnt fully express yourself.

I also know this topic gets under your skin some, because youve mentioned it more than once but it always reads the same to me.

I agree that it quite possible that it is more of a sales strategy than a necessity, but i dont know how you could prove it. More DSP consumption is pretty consistent with the progression of plugins, but then again it sure aint gonna hurt UA if a plugin consumes more DSP....additionally some of the most coveted UA plugins arent THAT resource hungry. Mostly just the newer ones which is in favor of your point.
Old 12th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbird View Post
More DSP consumption is pretty consistent with the progression of plugins, but then again it sure aint gonna hurt UA if a plugin consumes more DSP....additionally some of the most coveted UA plugins arent THAT resource hungry. Mostly just the newer ones which is in favor of your point.
I've been tracking and printing with the 1176 mkll and its really working out. I think I'll also through in a Pultec before it

That cut 50% of my DSP needs while mixing so it maybe a far better solution...
Old 9th July 2014
Gear Head

Has anyone hurt anything further about this?
Old 10th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofrq View Post
Has anyone hurt anything further about this?
It will take time, they just released the Thermionic Culture Vulture plug yesterday.

That partnership was announced in 2011.

UA takes it's time, and a lot of other announced partnerships are ahead in the cue.

Also nobody in the general public knows what TC emulations will see the light of day.

Old 7th September 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
I think that everyone should probably relax until UAD and TC announce their actual plans in a formal statement.
so what's the current news? why tc can't come up with ilok 2?
thanks
Old 30th October 2014
Lives for gear

I just resurrected my Powercore Firewire.

To this date nothing can beat the MD3 and VSS3 plugins. Even the most expensive native plugins don't get close.
I hope they come up with a solution if they end up porting them.
I would be very upset if I would have to pay again for plugins that cost me 1200 (MD3) and 700 (VSS3) euros.

Just for the history, when Powercore was discontinued I asked Sonnox to give me Native versions of the Powercore plugins I ALREADY owned and they came up with some insane pricing.

No Sonnox for me until then. I hate it when companies don't follow honest practices when you support them with your hard earned cash.

Hope this does not happen again with the TC plugins.
Old 30th October 2014
Lives for gear

I read somewhere that TC would come out on UAD on Saturday, November the 1st.
Old 30th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamwerks View Post
I read somewhere that TC would come out on UAD on Saturday, November the 1st.
Since the moment they released the Manley Massive Passive, I have been wishing for them to make an emulation of the Manley Vari-Mu, but I'm starting to think they might never make it.

I keep wishing for it....
Old 13th January 2015
Lives for gear

Is this partnership ever gonna take off ?? no news what so ever ... seems like false advertising to me.
Old 13th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac black View Post
Is this partnership ever gonna take off ?? no news what so ever ... seems like false advertising to me.
Yeah I was expecting this a few months back too. Undoubtedly taking longer than expected to port over the plugs.
Old 13th January 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac black View Post
no news what so ever ...
That's what I don't understand, not even ball park time projection.
Old 13th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln View Post
Those are treated quite harshly around here when they are missed!
Old 14th January 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln View Post
In my observations UA tends to stay away from projections. Serves them well.
Old 14th January 2015
Lives for gear

Maybe TC is porting them for UAD 3 ?
Old 20th January 2015
Gear Head

uad

All i want are the default poco plugins ported across to UAD for now.
Old 24th January 2015
Lives for gear

Still no love for TC ? At least give us the MD3 already.
Old 24th January 2015
Lives for gear
TC Electronics are in the process of being sold.

The new owners may have other ideas for the plugins.

Maybe they'll be released native .... on subscription
Old 25th January 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
TC Electronics are in the process of being sold.

The new owners may have other ideas for the plugins.
Who are these prospective new owners? How do you know this?
Old 25th January 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Well, if they go native with their plugins (not subscription...) that'll be even better IMHO.
Old 25th January 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddachile View Post
Well, if they go native with their plugins (not subscription...) that'll be even better IMHO.
I agree.

Although I suspect in a few years from now I imagine virtually all software, be it Windows to samples, plugins and DAW's will be on the subscription model!

Alarming as that may be to some.
Old 25th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
I agree.

Although I suspect in a few years from now I imagine virtually all software, be it Windows to samples, plugins and DAW's will be on the subscription model!

Alarming as that may be to some.
Not if people are smart enough to not buy into subscription software. If a couple of larger companies start failing, perhaps other software suppliers will bail on this idea, that in my opinion, is just a way for companies to stick their hands in your pockets every year. There are other options available.
L.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search