The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
T.C. Electronic on UAD-2 OFFICIAL! Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beatsmith View Post
I guess UAD won then eh?
Yes. They won the right to provide working drivers, copy protection and peripherals for the absolutely fantastic TC plug-ins. This is a true win-win.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear
I have dumped so much money on powercore. I think tc still owns a lot to the powercore plugin purchasers...
Old 14th March 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyGoldstein View Post
I have dumped so much money on powercore. I think tc still owns a lot to the powercore plugin purchasers...
I agree!
At least a 70% discount for poco users would seem reasonable IMHO.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

looks like there is a lot of concern voiced on the tc website.. Will be interesting to see how this plays out..
Old 15th March 2014
Data release please.
Old 15th March 2014
Lives for gear

Id be happy getting the once bundled ClassicVerb, i used to always use that reverb on my powercore
Old 15th March 2014
Gear Nut

+1 for Virus, Vss3, and MD3
Old 16th March 2014
Gear Guru

And the Brickwall Limiter! The best limiter out there imo. I will probably just stick to my Powercore though. Still works great but it's nice to know there is a future cross grade path if I ever need it.
Old 16th March 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken View Post
They'd be better off going native in my view. DSP cards and interfaces are a PITA.
They used to have native plugs years ago. I heard they claimed they were pirated so much that they hardly made anything off them. Maybe it's different now.
Old 16th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken View Post
They'd be better off going native in my view. DSP cards and interfaces are a PITA.
I have always liked the VSS3 reverb. Does it have a special place in people's hearts, or would a native version struggle with the excellent $50 plugins available today? I would have to think this one might be on Sean's short list, no?

-Casey
Old 16th March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
I have always liked the VSS3 reverb. Does it have a special place in people's hearts, or would a native version struggle with the excellent $50 plugins available today? I would have to think this one might be on Sean's short list, no?

-Casey
Sean has change the native reverb landscape for sure plus the amount of great native reverbs that are available. I would think the market is getting a little saturated. Good reason for TC to go the UAD route.
Old 19th March 2014
Gear Addict

vss4 or md4! i don't think so. those are only for system 6000mkll.
Old 19th March 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by firubbi View Post
vss4 or md4! i don't think so. those are only for system 6000mkll.
...and the old PowerCore cards, hence the hope they'll get ported to UAD.
Old 19th March 2014
Lives for gear

FWIW, VSS4 is also on the M4000, & MD4 on Powercore. Don't think VSS3 is good enough to compete with modern native verbs. VSS4 would definitely sell.
Old 19th March 2014
Lives for gear

Powercore was "only" vss3 and md3 etc., not the xxx4 version.

I use powercore plugs a lot and w/o issues but I am very happy that there is "another future" (hopefully) for them on UAD platform.
Old 20th March 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamwerks View Post
Don't think VSS3 is good enough to compete with modern native verbs.
Strongly disagree. Show me at least one native reverb with the same set and number of parameters. And the sound.
Old 20th March 2014
F5D
Lives for gear

IMO VSS3 is still a very good reverb. In most cases I prefer it over VSS4 of my Reverb 4000. The Lexicon PCM Native reverbs are roughly in the same league, but of course very different. TC has its own sound.
Old 20th March 2014
Agreed - there are a lot of superb native reverbs - what Valhalla DSP and 2C Audio are doing are both incredible - but I will add my +1 to the opinion that VSS3 is still outstanding as well, a real classic.
Old 20th March 2014
Lives for gear

If I'm not mistaken, VSS3 was TC's top reverb on the System 6000, about 12 years ago. It is not True-Stereo. VSS4 was the replacement, and is TS (4 channels).

While the VSS3 does sound good, and has lots of control over a multitude of parameters, it's not in the same league as VSS4 IMO. I listened to a direct comparison (here on GS) several years ago, and there is a considerable difference (as one would expect).

I would personally never use a non TS reverb. B2, R2, IRCAM, Aether, Lexicon native, etc. (the list is now long), are all native TS algorithm reverbs.
Old 20th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamwerks View Post
If I'm not mistaken, VSS3 was TC's top reverb on the System 6000, about 12 years ago. It is not True-Stereo. VSS4 was the replacement, and is TS (4 channels).
Possibly even when it was the System 5000...

The VSS3 was also in the M3000 reverb hardware box which you can still buy, and the VSS4 in the Reverb 4000.
Old 20th March 2014
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
It's not on my short list. Or medium or long list, for that matter. I want to get back to original designs again. VintageVerb was a great learning experience, but I have a backlog of algorithms that I need to try out in future plugins. Plus, my current leanings are in the exact opposite direction of VSS3: minimal parameter set, unrealistic/surrealistic sound.
Old 22nd March 2014
Lives for gear

As some one who's invested in the great TC reverb, VSS3, non lin and DVR 2 I would love to know if my current licences will be available for use on a UAD card.

I must admit Sean's reverbs are truly amazing, and priced at a no brainer price point, so have been getting a lot of use since I stopped using my powercore.

I'm actually thinking of maybe putting the TC powercore card in a small , quiet 3 U rack case and using it as an external reverb otherwise, seems a waste to have it just sat around.

Would VE pro work as just a reverb host for sending two and fro via Ethernet?

MC
Old 24th March 2014
Azu
Gear Nut

Quote:

-Casey
Whats your view on the native world?
Why you haven't jumped to the boat with a new algorithm?
Something market related or sound related?
I think im not alone when saying i would love to mix with some of your tools.
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
As some one who's invested in the great TC reverb, VSS3, non lin and DVR 2 I would love to know if my current licences will be available for use on a UAD card.
And how would universal audio make any money out of that arrangement ?
Old 24th March 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
I would hope by aggressive crossgrade discounts so that they still get something from those still running those plugins on PoCo cards, but I know it's not very likely
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

They have no problem whatsoever slapping customers on the face with one sided fvck off decisions, and this is proven, so I bet there will be no preferential crossgrade path.
I don't see it for Sonnox plugins either.

Old 24th March 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by m127f View Post
I don't see it for Sonnox plugins either.
Sonnox themselves did do a very generous cross-grade offer from PoCo to the native plugs which I took advantage of some years ago.
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
They would sell hardware....which would most likely lead to further plug-in purchases.....and happy customers. Happy customers spend money.
Old 25th March 2014
LX3
Lives for gear

I would love to have my Powercore plugins back, and running on a stable 64-bit platform that isn't going to get dumped by the manufacturer

I had all the System 6000 stuff for Powercore… In fact, I think there's barely a PoCo plugin that I don't own.

But they cost me a pretty shocking amount of money too. Unwrap alone was the best part of £400 IIRC.

So if there's no crossgrade deal for PoCo plugin license holders, I'll feel pretty wronged. I bought them all once, and since Powercore was abandoned I found (and paid for) alternatives for 90% of those plugins. So if they tried to force me to buy them all over again… well, I wouldn't feel any burning need to do that. But it would be great to be able to use them again if I could get them at a reasonable price. There are some things in there (e.g. NonLin 2) that I never found a good replacement for.

I'd happily trade up to an Octo card to make more DSP available for them.
Old 25th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
They'd sell more cards! Plus they could dictate how much money goes to them. Its their platform TC failed!

Uad could buy Powercore and own it, Tc f'd up! Its Uad or graveyard IMHO...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search