The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Magix Samplitude sounds better than Cubase? DAW Software
Old 6th March 2014
Here for the gear

Magix Samplitude sounds better than Cubase?

Hello,

there had been a discussion that Magix Samplitude / Sequoia sounds better than Cubase? how am I to understand this?

do people mean Magix Samplitude / Sequoia have better Plugins that makes the sound of a vocal sounds better than on Cubase?

or the raw recording sounds better? i mean without any effect like EQ, Comp just the simply recording.

if its the plugins then i woudnt mind because im using other plugins than the plugins from the sequencer
Old 6th March 2014
Here for the gear

Please help
Old 6th March 2014
Generally, better stock plugins. 3rd party plugins are another thing entirely. Also, crazy idiosyncratic workflow - Samp/Seq isn't for everyone!

Search a bit about audio engines - generally, it is a myth, unless SRC or other destructive processes are involved. IMHO, it is a fool's errand to go searching for the "best sounding DAW" - just find the one that works forYOU!!!

As in workflow...
Old 6th March 2014
Tui
Gear Guru

Not another "This DAW sounds better than that DAW" thread. Please.
Old 7th March 2014
OP, they mean that the raw summing without plugs sounds better. Whether that is true is about a scientific discussion as whether kleenex on your NS10s is an advantage or not.
Old 4th July 2016
Gear Maniac

If you mix with a console, go for Samplitude. Sounds better than cubase or Protools.
If you mix into the DAW, go for what you want.
The playback of samplitude sounds better than other DAWs. As Logic, which sounds well. But if you mix into your DAW, the playback "audio engine" doesn't matter.
Old 4th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodicca View Post
If you mix with a console, go for Samplitude. Sounds better than cubase or Protools.
If you mix into the DAW, go for what you want.
The playback of samplitude sounds better than other DAWs. As Logic, which sounds well. But if you mix into your DAW, the playback "audio engine" doesn't matter.
Ridiculousness.
Old 4th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstapper View Post
Ridiculousness.
+1
Old 4th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
If you
Old 4th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
mix with
Old 4th July 2016
Lives for gear

Unhappy

Quote:
a console.
Old 4th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
The playback of samplitude sounds better
Old 4th July 2016
Tui
Gear Guru

Eventually, we are going to run out of facepalms.

Old 4th July 2016
ARRRRRRRGGGGHHH

Actually the "Scream" I'm trying to convey,was something I saw/heard from a B Sci Fi Series called LEXX,the episode was 4.02 Luvliner,and the character who is just a "Robot Head" called 790,does the best scream when he becomes trapped with the seriously "weird" host of the "Luvliner" in a compromising situation-classic decade old Sci Fi,which when one thinks about it,saying Daws sound different,could be a plot for a LEXX episode!

Last edited by rksguit; 4th July 2016 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: gee I dunno?
Old 4th July 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by rksguit View Post
ARRRRRRRGGGGHHH

Actually the "Scream" I'm trying to convey,was something I saw/heard from a B Sci Fi Series called LEXX,the episode was 4.02 Luvliner,and the character who is just a "Robot Head" called 790,does the best scream when he becomes trapped with the seriously "weird" host of the "Luvliner" in a compromising situation-classic decade old Sci Fi,which when one thinks about it,saying Daws sound different,could be a plot for a LEXX episode!
That was a great cheese show. Season 1 was good
Old 5th July 2016
Gear Maniac

Hey!!!!
Thank you!!

My post was good. A lot of attention!!!

Now, please, check by yourself.

Install Cubase, Samplitude, and other Daws.
Same PC, same converters, same monitors, etc.

Open a track, the same in each Daw.
A song. A mix. What you want.

Then listen.
Ohhhh Samplitude sound clearer, more tighter, more... better!

Well. Now try with 4 tracks, or 20 tracks... the same.

If you are mixing with a external mixer console, for me Samplitude sounds better. Check it by yourself.

Thank you.
Old 6th July 2016
I have to agree. I have tried almost every Daw. Samplitude sounds better.
Old 6th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey!!!!
Thank you!!

My post was good. A lot of attention!!!

Now, please, check by yourself.

Install Cubase, Samplitude, and other Daws.
Same PC, same converters, same monitors, etc.

Open a track, the same in each Daw.
A song. A mix. What you want.

Then listen.
Ohhhh Samplitude sound clearer, more tighter, more... better!

Well. Now try with 4 tracks, or 20 tracks... the same.

If you are mixing with a external mixer console, for me Samplitude sounds better. Check it by yourself.

Thank you.
ridiculousness.

You can argue that you prefer workflow, that certain settings allow you to create better sounding mixes, etc. however to claim that basic functions of a daw sound better than another is to argue that in your world 2+2 = something other than four.

I love samplitude and have been a user for a long time (late '90s). It's a great program. And there are some features such as automatic dithering, with your choice of noise shaping, that allow things to happen under the hood that you would have to think about in some other platforms.

But your statement that it inherently sounds better via simple routing is ridiculousness and completely false.

I believe you believe it sounds better. That's good enough for you and I support you as long as it isn't thrown into a forum and stated as fact.

this is not conjecture. It is measurable and has been compared and measured countless of times. If you have found a different result after scientific testing then your test is flawed.

Use the tools that work best for you - that will certainly provide you with the best result. An understanding of why that may be is not a prerequisite for working and being successful and content. But if you make outrageous claims without backing them up with proof be prepared to take a deeper look under the hood...

Cheers,
Brock
Old 6th July 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
ridiculousness.

You can argue that you prefer workflow, that certain settings allow you to create better sounding mixes, etc.

I don't use DAW neither PC for recording.
I don't work in Magix.

Everything hardware here.
A pair of modded HD24XR, 32 channels console, and a lot of of gear.
I, time to time, check the differents Daws. I work with other recordings studios, etc. 30 years in the music.

Check by yourself.
It is easier check it by yourself than talk about what someone says.

Cheers,

Thank you.
Old 6th July 2016
Gear Addict

Ten years ago, there were instances where Samplitude sounded better than some other DAWs. I don't believe that is the case any longer.
Old 6th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
I don't use DAW neither PC for recording.
I don't work in Magix.

Everything hardware here.
A pair of modded HD24XR, 32 channels console, and a lot of of gear.
I, time to time, check the differents Daws. I work with other recordings studios, etc. 30 years in the music.

Check by yourself.
It is easier check it by yourself than talk about what someone says.

Cheers,

Thank you.
I have checked. The claim is that simply routing I/o is going to show that samplitude sounds better than cubase. This is false. It will be identical. No change no difference.

Ridiculousness.
Old 6th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDragon View Post
Ten years ago, there were instances where Samplitude sounded better than some other DAWs. I don't believe that is the case any longer.
Back when PT lacked delay compensation on busses, PT and some other daws were integer based instead of floating point, etc. sure. But those involve processing and even then simple routing or summing would have been exactly the same between every platform except maybe Paris; which had some intentional grit associated with some processes.

Identical. If there is a difference something is broken.

Ridiculousness.
Old 10th July 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I have checked. The claim is that simply routing I/o is going to show that samplitude sounds better than cubase. This is false. It will be identical. No change no difference.

Ridiculousness.
I have checked.
Samplitude sounds better.
Ridiculousness.

Best wishes.
Old 11th July 2016
Here for the gear

Oh yes Samplitude sound better..
If you use Samplitude 4h/Days it also solve your hair loss problem

Never find any difference between Samplitude/Live/PT ( the softs i use)
Old 11th July 2016
Lives for gear

These threads suck so bad! You'd think competing daws are broken. They are not they all sound the same with a few exceptions.

Last edited by classictunz; 11th July 2016 at 04:23 AM..
Old 11th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have checked.
Samplitude sounds better.
Ridiculousness.

Best wishes.
You obviously haven't. What was stated in this thread is that simply routing through samplitude will give a result different (better than) that if other daws. If you are experiencing this phenomenon then something is broken.

You can easily test this. Import a wav, route through an output, line up the resulting wav file with the original and flip phase. If you eliminate pan law as a variable the result will be identical. In all platforms. And not just identical results but identical to the original file(s).

Let's take it a step further and apply panning and volume changes. As long as the settings and hardware are the same so will the resulting files be the same.

You can prove me wrong by posting an example of what you think you are hearing. I assure you if there is a difference it is due to the operator and not the software.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search