The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Scarlett 2i4 Disconnecting Audio Interfaces
Old 4th March 2014
Here for the gear

Scarlett 2i4 Disconnecting

Hey guys, so recently I bought a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and I have been running into some disconnecting issues. Since I got it, I've always used it with my Macbook Pro running Windows. Now, everything worked fine when I plug it in and all drivers and everything had been installed as well but then it started running into these issues.

Let's say I plug my guitar in straight to the interface and I use it with Guitar Rig. The sound and everything will be fine but within a few mins or so, the sound will suddenly automatically get cut off completely and the laptop would not read any sound although the lights on the interface show that it is receiving signals. What seems to fix the problem is going to the audio settings of Guitar Rig and reselecting the Scarlett as the audio device even though it was already selected and doing this will instantly bring the sound back but the same problem will happen once again.

I tried it with a microphone for vocals, both condenser mic with phantom power on and a dynamic without it and the same thing happens, no matter what software or DAW I run it through and the "solution" is always reselecting the Scarlett as the audio device on the audio settings of the software I would be using.

I have thought about the possibility of it being my laptop so I tried to do it with my desktop PC but the same exact thing happens on it as well. Any ideas?
Old 4th March 2014
Here for the gear

Hi, Have You tried another USB cable?
I've heard of similar stories that solved with another or better? Cable.

Hope this help!!
Old 20th March 2014
Gear Head

Hi

If you're still having issues with your interface, please get in touch.

Contact | Focusrite

Best,
Old 7th April 2014
Here for the gear

Im also having Driver/disconnecting problems

I have tried everything and am starting to get very frustrated with focusrite. They take forever to reply and do little to help.
I bought a 2i4 and I run it directly from interface to the laptop (a Toshiba satellite p70A, one of the higher end ones) And it constantly disconnects and reconnects all the time. If it happens with ableton is open ableton freezes and I cant do any work.
Yes I have looked all through forums, changed many settings, etc, contacted support and still no help, starting to get a little pissed because I have songs I wanna release and output.
Quinton
Old 10th April 2014
Gear Head

Hi Quinton Green

Can I have your case number so I can see what troubleshooting steps have been advised?

Best,
Old 9th August 2014
Here for the gear

same problem after updating

I have the disconecting problem too on my 6i6 with mixcontrol 1.8.128.0 please help
Old 30th April 2015
Here for the gear

Focusrite 18i8 Disconnecting Suddenly on Mac w/ Mavericks

Did anyone ever find a solution to this disconnecting behaviour?

I purchased a new Focusrite 18i8 interface and when using it with my Mac Pro, it will suddenly and without warning disconnect with a loud pop (really bad for my Adam monitors) and I lose all audio, though any given file will continue to play. The scarlett software will take a moment to register it, but then it says "NO HARDEWARE CONNECTED" even though power is still on and the unit appears fine.

The only way to get it back is to reboot the interface and then it recognizes it and audio works again, until not long after it does it again. Tonight alone it has done it 3 times in a 2 hr period.

I normally work with my UA Apollo on the studio machine but it is in for repairs so I'm using the Focusrite in the meantime. This behavior makes it really useless.

Anybody have a workaround? Solution?

Thanks!
Old 7th May 2015
Gear Maniac

Hi pandeiroman,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Scarlett 18i8. If you haven't done so already please reach out to our tech support team so that we are able to assist you further in this matter:

Contact | Focusrite

All the best.
Old 20th May 2017
Here for the gear

Bought a 2i4 a few months ago used it a few times, worked great now it is disconnecting and reconnecting while I'm in pro tools and I can't do any recording now....
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search