The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How to contact iLok support?!?
Old 28th February 2014
Lives for gear

How to contact iLok support?!?

Has anybody been able to successfully contact iLok support at PACE? They make it nearly impossible to find where to submit a ticket and even after you do, there are no responses - it's been days.

I paid for Zero Downtime and just want to turn on TLC but the iLok manager won't let me toggle it on. No response from PACE for a PAYING customer. I'm about to have my credit card company revert the purchase. This is ridiculous.
Old 28th February 2014
Lives for gear

The best way is probably to contact them on each of their LinkedIn pages...

http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/p?f_..._connectedness
Old 28th February 2014
Gear Head

Do you have a Gen 2 iLok? TLC isn't available with Gen 1.
Old 28th February 2014
Lives for gear

Gen 2.
Old 28th February 2014
Gear Head

What happens when you double click on your iLok in License Manager? Do you get the info screen for your iLok. You should be able to change it from there
Old 1st March 2014
Gear Nut

I understand that plugin developers want protection but Pace is not an acceptable partner anymore. I do have two Iloks but I havent and don't plan to update them and will certainly not buy anything that would force me to log in at pace and risk having my other plugins not working. I do realize some people have no problems but for me Pace is a no go due to their total lack of support. I don't think I am the only one thinking this way...
Old 1st March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChas View Post
What happens when you double click on your iLok in License Manager? Do you get the info screen for your iLok. You should be able to change it from there
I see the Zero Downtime area, which it says I have ZD and says I have a 2nd generation iLok, but I can't toggle the TLC slider for some reason.
Old 1st March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonkified View Post
I see the Zero Downtime area, which it says I have ZD and says I have a 2nd generation iLok, but I can't toggle the TLC slider for some reason.
Not sure what the TLC slider is - is that something you see in your browser? Make sure you have Flash enabled. Try another browser, maybe.
Old 1st March 2014
Lives for gear

No, it's in the iLok License Manager. See attached image. I can't move it to ON from OFF.
Attached Thumbnails
How to contact iLok support?!?-screen-shot-2014-02-28-8.27.06-pm.png  
Old 1st March 2014
Lives for gear

Correct me if I am wrong, but it is on, isn't it? You are seeing OFF, which is telling you that's where to drag the switch if you want to turn it off. ie - the switch is sitting on ON, meaning it's on. No?
Old 1st March 2014
Lives for gear

Unfortunately no - it is off. If it was on, it would appear like the screenshot on their site: https://www.ilok.com/addzdt.html and also allow me to refresh the licenses.

Been a week with no response from them...and I'm a paying customer. You'd think with the amount of money they make from licensing their protection, they could hire some decent customer service.
Old 1st March 2014
Gear Head

Are you logged in to License Manager? I've noticed that the slider is greyed out when I'm not logged in.
Old 2nd March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChas View Post
Are you logged in to License Manager? I've noticed that the slider is greyed out when I'm not logged in.
OMG! YOU ARE AWESOME. This was it! Thank you!!!!
Old 2nd March 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonkified View Post
OMG! YOU ARE AWESOME. This was it! Thank you!!!!
Very welcome. Glad I could help.
Old 2nd March 2014
Lives for gear

This is the reason that the question "is it plugged in?" was invented.
Old 2nd March 2014
Lives for gear

Actually, it is poor UI on their part. The iLok manager does not auto-sign you in, but shows the ZDT status anyway. They also don't explain anywhere on their site you need to be signed in to activate TLC. And finally, instead of just disabling the slider, they should've put a note in it's place saying it was disabled until the user signed in.
Old 2nd March 2014
Tui
Gear Guru

Why should Pace improve their customer service. They've got us.

I'm glad you've got your issue resolved, though.
Old 15th December 2016
Here for the gear

Aaahhhh!! What do I do???

I bought a brand new iLok, accessed my account, figured out my password, and downloaded the License Manager... everything done. Then I bought the monthly subscription for Pro Tools 12. I paid, downloaded it, and installed it. Good. When I try to run Pro Tools, however, it says I don't have the license. I checked my iLok, and sure enough, no license. What the heck do I do now? Pay $40 to use Avid customer service once in hopes of MAYBE fixing it?
You guys got any suggestions?
Old 15th December 2016
Deleted User
Did you check for available licenses in the iLok License Manager? If the PT sub was available, you need to move/activate it to your iLok. If you don't see the license, then you can open up an authorization case in your Avid account at no cost.
Old 21st May 2017
Here for the gear

I just Downloaded Akai software that suggested that I use ILOK for my licenses. But after I opened my ILOK account and activated it, I cant access my Akai account.I didn't realize at the time that I need the ILOK thumb drive thingy.(I don't have)How can I access the akai website? so can I just shut down my ILOk account and go back to just accessing Akai?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search