The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Softube Console 1 WOW!!!
Old 1 week ago
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
Aaaah, that sound of the DRSQ4, it's absolutely integral to my mixing setup
What's your take on the aliasing issue if you compare the Phoenix sound to the BCA or ACA. I know it's not the same harmonic distortion profile, but knowing what that particular Class A transformer coupled analog drive sounds like, do the C1 strips with their well into audible range aliased harmonics sound full of artifacts by comparison? I was sort of shocked they're as high as they are. I have many times used the drive on a bunch of tracks and wanted even more from it but then listened to the full mix and thought I went too far and it was unpleasant sounding. So I'd go back and reduce a lot of the drive or take it off and then it would sound much better. I always thought it just meant I overdid it, but now I wonder if the aliasing on numerous tracks ultimately became too much.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
Yeah, sure! Levels will impact it, no doubt. I'm just saying that it's there even at low or moderate levels.

I'll reiterate, this is not a problem to die for. The aliasing in this case is something you can minimize in different ways. I just mentioned it because I would love it to be cleaner so I can use the drive more, that's all.
We really have to lobby softube to propose those with dsp uad onboard as an option , they will benefit from upsampling on the platform , unless uad changed some recentely lol ...

Let s say you re calibrated at -18dbfs drive at 12 , what are the aliasing levels ?

By the way good news for the zener , lately it has been my busses channel , don t forget that you can load that channel and use over componenet ( in my case the germanium as comp) and the weiss for the master (curious to know if anybody cheked this one drive ....)
📝 Reply