The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Softube Console 1 WOW!!!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielbest1 View Post
Good times to come!

Didn t received any survey by email ....am i missing something. ?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
+1

If they implement this - I'll buy one. That simple.

Did you read that Softube!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I took the survey and suggested oversampling for Console 1. I love the concept and how easy it is to mix with it but I always have to run my mixes at 192kHz when I use it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Does Console 1 work well with Ableton? I read many pages of this thread, but couldn't see much about that.

Thinking about getting it as I am bit tired of mousing around when mixing.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
I took the survey and suggested oversampling for Console 1. I love the concept and how easy it is to mix with it but I always have to run my mixes at 192kHz when I use it.
It s already oversampling if i m correct , to check ...i ve done several samplerate and no matter what sr it s the same cpu witch means that it oversample when on low sr and calm down when on high ....
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
It s already oversampling if i m correct , to check ...i ve done several samplerate and no matter what sr it s the same cpu witch means that it oversample when on low sr and calm down when on high ....
I don't think it's oversampling because the aliasing is pretty bad. I mean, it's well under -120dB which I wouldn't consider a problem if I were using one of two instances but given the fact that this is supposed to be on all tracks across the session I can hear how it piles up at the end so I'd rather mix at a higher SR and make it a bit better (it also aliases at 192kHz which shows how bad it is but it isn't that problematic).
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
Does Console 1 work well with Ableton? I read many pages of this thread, but couldn't see much about that.

Thinking about getting it as I am bit tired of mousing around when mixing.
Yes, full support was added in Live 10.1.9.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
I don't think it's oversampling because the aliasing is pretty bad. I mean, it's well under -120dB which I wouldn't consider a problem if I were using one of two instances but given the fact that this is supposed to be on all tracks across the session I can hear how it piles up at the end so I'd rather mix at a higher SR and make it a bit better (it also aliases at 192kHz which shows how bad it is but it isn't that problematic).
Are you pushing drives like crazy (like we like lol) ?
Old 4 weeks ago
Is there a way to scientifically check for aliasing? I often hear people say a plugin is aliasing but I wonder how they confirmed that?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Are you pushing drives like crazy (like we like lol) ?
Not really
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustusarnone View Post
Is there a way to scientifically check for aliasing? I often hear people say a plugin is aliasing but I wonder how they confirmed that?
Yes. Thea easy way is to use a spectrum analyser and signal generator. You then generate signals that create harmonics. You then move signals frequency and watch the harmonics move. The short hand is that the harmonics move in opposite direction. There is a video in thread about aliasing effects in PluginAlliance SPL IRON plugin.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by bace View Post
Yes. Thea easy way is to use a spectrum analyser and signal generator. You then generate signals that create harmonics. You then move signals frequency and watch the harmonics move. The short hand is that the harmonics move in opposite direction. There is a video in thread about aliasing effects in PluginAlliance SPL IRON plugin.
Thanks man.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Not really
I'm gonna check it , but really SSL 9000 , API to my ears are superb clean when i need clean and tight and i reach for them instincly via console 1 , you're making me nervous homie lol !!! gonna have to double check lol
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
I'm gonna check it , but really SSL 9000 , API to my ears are superb clean when i need clean and tight and i reach for them instincly via console 1 , you're making me nervous homie lol !!! gonna have to double check lol
Well, if your ears detected no problems so far, it's all good, right?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Indeed. If you haven't notice it then don't worry about it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
Well, if your ears detected no problems so far, it's all good, right?
Of course ... just for pure curiosity and debugging , sometime it daw or even samplerate dependant ...

Mercato are you using a sine tone in you session or plugin doctor outside ?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Of course ... just for pure curiosity and debugging , sometime it daw or even samplerate dependant ...

Mercato are you using a sine tone in you session or plugin doctor outside ?
Sine + SPAN and sweep + SPAN.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I certainly hear aliasing on 808's and other things that really expose it, which means it's there all the time.

From what I've read from plugin devs, this doesn't always take oversampling to eliminate, but to some extent also steep ~20k low pass filters at the right places in the plugin...that's well outside of my expertise.

Generally I still get along with C1 just fine most of the time, but it would be great to see this get addressed.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Out of those DAWs that are fully supported with Console 1, are there any observations on which DAW feels better / smoother / more stable to use Console 1 with?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarelch View Post
Out of those DAWs that are fully supported with Console 1, are there any observations on which DAW feels better / smoother / more stable to use Console 1 with?
Studio One is the best in that regard. It works excellent with Console 1 for mixing duties, at least for me...

Cheers!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
I own studio one /cubase /sonar and i will vote sonar anytime just for the audio engine solidity and cpu optimisation .
Level of integration is similar on all of the above .
Based on full album done in each of those exept cubase (just few song but enougth to check)
Old 4 weeks ago
Works great with Cubase, too.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's rock solid on Nuendo 10 under macOS Mojave
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

UAD Console crashes

I've fully committed to using C1 and Fader to control the UAD console and it's bliss when recording with UAD plugins on. Amazing workflow.

However, about half of the plugins cause Console 1 and UAD to crash when I twist the knobs. I know people have posted about this before, but I can't find if there was ever a solution. Does anyone know if this problem has been addressed?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoIsland View Post
I've fully committed to using C1 and Fader to control the UAD console and it's bliss when recording with UAD plugins on. Amazing workflow.

However, about half of the plugins cause Console 1 and UAD to crash when I twist the knobs. I know people have posted about this before, but I can't find if there was ever a solution. Does anyone know if this problem has been addressed?
there is a new update and i have the feeling it works now better. but could only test for a very short time
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling View Post
there is a new update and i have the feeling it works now better. but could only test for a very short time
Just double-checked and I'm on the latest version for Console 1... I can get it to reliably crash by changing any parameter on the LA-2A in Apollo Central. A lot of other plugins cause the crash, but that one fails every time.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
It's been really stable for me on Cakewalk and Reaper using Windows 10.

I've had one softube plugin bug in three years, but they fixed it and it wasn't console one specific.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I find it rock solid in Cubase
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Just to be precise , i wasn t talking stability since it solid on all but number of instance before bitching ....
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Got a console 1 and i must say that i am pretty disappointed by the softube. Due to a flawed unit i received from the shop i could not register it in time for the promo that lasted until October (i was waiting for a replacement). It was a decent promo... giving rather old plugs but offering a good value of over 400€. Now they replaced the entire bundle with just their tape plugin. Thats it, nothing else. What joke. I can buy the tape plugin on the net for less than 40€ atm... Going from a 400€ promo to a 40€ promo is just wtf?! Dont know what to do. But i will most likely return this to the shop and say goodbye to softube. Maybe if they rethink their promos i will consider again. But most likely i will have moved on....
📝 Reply