The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Softube Console 1 WOW!!!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4501
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielbest1 View Post
Good times to come!



Didn t received any survey by email ....am i missing something. ?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4502
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
+1

If they implement this - I'll buy one. That simple.

Did you read that Softube!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4503
Lives for gear
 
Mercado_Negro's Avatar
I took the survey and suggested oversampling for Console 1. I love the concept and how easy it is to mix with it but I always have to run my mixes at 192kHz when I use it.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4504
Lives for gear
Does Console 1 work well with Ableton? I read many pages of this thread, but couldn't see much about that.

Thinking about getting it as I am bit tired of mousing around when mixing.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4505
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
I took the survey and suggested oversampling for Console 1. I love the concept and how easy it is to mix with it but I always have to run my mixes at 192kHz when I use it.
It s already oversampling if i m correct , to check ...i ve done several samplerate and no matter what sr it s the same cpu witch means that it oversample when on low sr and calm down when on high ....
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4506
Lives for gear
 
Mercado_Negro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
It s already oversampling if i m correct , to check ...i ve done several samplerate and no matter what sr it s the same cpu witch means that it oversample when on low sr and calm down when on high ....
I don't think it's oversampling because the aliasing is pretty bad. I mean, it's well under -120dB which I wouldn't consider a problem if I were using one of two instances but given the fact that this is supposed to be on all tracks across the session I can hear how it piles up at the end so I'd rather mix at a higher SR and make it a bit better (it also aliases at 192kHz which shows how bad it is but it isn't that problematic).
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4507
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
Does Console 1 work well with Ableton? I read many pages of this thread, but couldn't see much about that.

Thinking about getting it as I am bit tired of mousing around when mixing.
Yes, full support was added in Live 10.1.9.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4508
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
I don't think it's oversampling because the aliasing is pretty bad. I mean, it's well under -120dB which I wouldn't consider a problem if I were using one of two instances but given the fact that this is supposed to be on all tracks across the session I can hear how it piles up at the end so I'd rather mix at a higher SR and make it a bit better (it also aliases at 192kHz which shows how bad it is but it isn't that problematic).
Are you pushing drives like crazy (like we like lol) ?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4509
Is there a way to scientifically check for aliasing? I often hear people say a plugin is aliasing but I wonder how they confirmed that?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4510
Lives for gear
 
Mercado_Negro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Are you pushing drives like crazy (like we like lol) ?
Not really
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4511
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustusarnone View Post
Is there a way to scientifically check for aliasing? I often hear people say a plugin is aliasing but I wonder how they confirmed that?
Yes. Thea easy way is to use a spectrum analyser and signal generator. You then generate signals that create harmonics. You then move signals frequency and watch the harmonics move. The short hand is that the harmonics move in opposite direction. There is a video in thread about aliasing effects in PluginAlliance SPL IRON plugin.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4512
Quote:
Originally Posted by bace View Post
Yes. Thea easy way is to use a spectrum analyser and signal generator. You then generate signals that create harmonics. You then move signals frequency and watch the harmonics move. The short hand is that the harmonics move in opposite direction. There is a video in thread about aliasing effects in PluginAlliance SPL IRON plugin.
Thanks man.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4513
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
Not really
I'm gonna check it , but really SSL 9000 , API to my ears are superb clean when i need clean and tight and i reach for them instincly via console 1 , you're making me nervous homie lol !!! gonna have to double check lol
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
I'm gonna check it , but really SSL 9000 , API to my ears are superb clean when i need clean and tight and i reach for them instincly via console 1 , you're making me nervous homie lol !!! gonna have to double check lol
Well, if your ears detected no problems so far, it's all good, right?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4515
Lives for gear
 
Mercado_Negro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
I'm gonna check it , but really SSL 9000 , API to my ears are superb clean when i need clean and tight and i reach for them instincly via console 1 , you're making me nervous homie lol !!! gonna have to double check lol
Indeed. If you haven't notice it then don't worry about it.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4516
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
Well, if your ears detected no problems so far, it's all good, right?
Of course ... just for pure curiosity and debugging , sometime it daw or even samplerate dependant ...

Mercato are you using a sine tone in you session or plugin doctor outside ?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4517
Lives for gear
 
Mercado_Negro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Of course ... just for pure curiosity and debugging , sometime it daw or even samplerate dependant ...

Mercato are you using a sine tone in you session or plugin doctor outside ?
Sine + SPAN and sweep + SPAN.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4518
Lives for gear
I certainly hear aliasing on 808's and other things that really expose it, which means it's there all the time.

From what I've read from plugin devs, this doesn't always take oversampling to eliminate, but to some extent also steep ~20k low pass filters at the right places in the plugin...that's well outside of my expertise.

Generally I still get along with C1 just fine most of the time, but it would be great to see this get addressed.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4519
Lives for gear
 
Polarelch's Avatar
Out of those DAWs that are fully supported with Console 1, are there any observations on which DAW feels better / smoother / more stable to use Console 1 with?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4520
Lives for gear
 
Aziak's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarelch View Post
Out of those DAWs that are fully supported with Console 1, are there any observations on which DAW feels better / smoother / more stable to use Console 1 with?
Studio One is the best in that regard. It works excellent with Console 1 for mixing duties, at least for me...


Cheers!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4521
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarelch View Post
Out of those DAWs that are fully supported with Console 1, are there any observations on which DAW feels better / smoother / more stable to use Console 1 with?
I own studio one /cubase /sonar and i will vote sonar anytime just for the audio engine solidity and cpu optimisation .
Level of integration is similar on all of the above .
Based on full album done in each of those exept cubase (just few song but enougth to check)
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4522
Works great with Cubase, too.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4523
Lives for gear
 
Mercado_Negro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarelch View Post
Out of those DAWs that are fully supported with Console 1, are there any observations on which DAW feels better / smoother / more stable to use Console 1 with?
It's rock solid on Nuendo 10 under macOS Mojave
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4524
Here for the gear
 

UAD Console crashes

I've fully committed to using C1 and Fader to control the UAD console and it's bliss when recording with UAD plugins on. Amazing workflow.

However, about half of the plugins cause Console 1 and UAD to crash when I twist the knobs. I know people have posted about this before, but I can't find if there was ever a solution. Does anyone know if this problem has been addressed?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4525
Lives for gear
 
alibling's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoIsland View Post
I've fully committed to using C1 and Fader to control the UAD console and it's bliss when recording with UAD plugins on. Amazing workflow.

However, about half of the plugins cause Console 1 and UAD to crash when I twist the knobs. I know people have posted about this before, but I can't find if there was ever a solution. Does anyone know if this problem has been addressed?
there is a new update and i have the feeling it works now better. but could only test for a very short time
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4526
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling View Post
there is a new update and i have the feeling it works now better. but could only test for a very short time
Just double-checked and I'm on the latest version for Console 1... I can get it to reliably crash by changing any parameter on the LA-2A in Apollo Central. A lot of other plugins cause the crash, but that one fails every time.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4527
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarelch View Post
Out of those DAWs that are fully supported with Console 1, are there any observations on which DAW feels better / smoother / more stable to use Console 1 with?
It's been really stable for me on Cakewalk and Reaper using Windows 10.

I've had one softube plugin bug in three years, but they fixed it and it wasn't console one specific.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4528
Lives for gear
 
alibling's Avatar
 

I find it rock solid in Cubase
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4529
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
Just to be precise , i wasn t talking stability since it solid on all but number of instance before bitching ....
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4530
Lives for gear
 

Got a console 1 and i must say that i am pretty disappointed by the softube. Due to a flawed unit i received from the shop i could not register it in time for the promo that lasted until October (i was waiting for a replacement). It was a decent promo... giving rather old plugs but offering a good value of over 400€. Now they replaced the entire bundle with just their tape plugin. Thats it, nothing else. What joke. I can buy the tape plugin on the net for less than 40€ atm... Going from a 400€ promo to a 40€ promo is just wtf?! Dont know what to do. But i will most likely return this to the shop and say goodbye to softube. Maybe if they rethink their promos i will consider again. But most likely i will have moved on....
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 4593 views: 582452
Avatar for soundrage
soundrage 4 days ago
replies: 295 views: 58152
Avatar for anguswoodhead
anguswoodhead 26th March 2013
replies: 1296 views: 154995
Avatar for heraldo_jones
heraldo_jones 1st February 2016
replies: 115 views: 10597
Avatar for microwave
microwave 2 hours ago
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump