The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Softube Console 1 WOW!!!
Old 10th August 2020
Lives for gear

Can I use C1 with the Plugin Alliance SSL Strips?
Old 10th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleazy_Rider View Post
Can I use C1 with the Plugin Alliance SSL Strips?
You can use it to control other software, but you have to map it yourself. It’s one or the other, you can’t use both at the same time.
Old 10th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodic dreamer View Post
You can use it to control other software, but you have to map it yourself. It’s one or the other, you can’t use both at the same time.

Cheers, does the C1 have a standard mode for ST SSL and midi mode for other plugins?

Can you switch between them on the fly?
Old 10th August 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Cheers, does the C1 have a standard mode for ST SSL and midi mode for other plugins?

The MIDI mode is not supported by Softube. Only if you quit the C1 application your computer can see it as a MIDI controller.
Old 10th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:

Softube ssl 4k is included when u buy c1, u can buy also the 9k channel strip von st. When I remember it right, u have to plug out the usb and close the software, so not really much on the fly (just tried it one time).

But Softube have really a great selection of great sounding Plugins and u can use a lot of UAD Plugins too.

I use other FX, but not soo much anymore. Will sell most likely a lot of my other plugins soon.
Old 10th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorgos View Post
The MIDI mode is not supported by Softube. Only if you quit the C1 application your computer can see it as a MIDI controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling View Post
Softube ssl 4k is included when u buy c1, u can buy also the 9k channel strip von st. When I remember it right, u have to plug out the usb and close the software, so not really much on the fly (just tried it one time).

But Softube have really a great selection of great sounding Plugins and u can use a lot of UAD Plugins too.

I use other FX, but not soo much anymore. Will sell most likely a lot of my other plugins soon.
Cheers, I have just bought a Faderport 16 and was wondering if C1 would be a good addition to it...Using S1 btw.
Old 10th August 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Cheers, I have just bought a Faderport 16 and was wondering if C1 would be a good addition to it...Using S1 btw.
I think the main reason to get C1 is its own native plugins. If you like the sound of the channel strips of C1 then yes.
Old 10th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
S1 have great integration of C1. And alot of people saying Faderport is the perfect match for a C1.

But yea I think it make most sense when u mainly use the channelstrips from st.
Old 11th August 2020
Quote:
Using this combo, only without Studio One. It works great together, but I second that C1 is best used as intended with Softube or UAD plugins. Using it purely as a midi controller works without problems, but especially with Studio One you have the benefit of deep integration with the DAW of both FP16 and C1.
Old 11th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
S1 have great integration of C1. And alot of people saying Faderport is the perfect match for a C1.

But yea I think it make most sense when u mainly use the channelstrips from st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
Using this combo, only without Studio One. It works great together, but I second that C1 is best used as intended with Softube or UAD plugins. Using it purely as a midi controller works without problems, but especially with Studio One you have the benefit of deep integration with the DAW of both FP16 and C1.
Just bought a C1 MK 2 brand new from EBay via reputable online retailer store.

Used a eBay voucher and got it for £280

Old 11th August 2020
Gear Addict
Console 1 Fader has SIGNIFICANTLY improved my workflow.

i do wish that i could assign a default drive module instead of the normal one. the softube saturation knob is usually my go-to.

anyone else have issues getting the smaller display window to work? my main OSD window works fine, but the smaller one is just a big black bar at the bottom of the screen.
Old 11th August 2020
Gear Head
I love the British Class A more and more every day. It's so good for shaping and colouring busses. Additionally, the compressor is great on drums, especially when you key out some sub frequencies, mega punchy and round.

Don't be put off by the wide Q, try it on instrument groups and listen to how the sound stacks up. It's magic.
Old 11th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by citrusonic View Post
i do wish that i could assign a default drive module instead of the normal one. the softube saturation knob is usually my go-to.
What DAW do you use? Mine (Cubase Pro) lets me set a default setting for every plugin I use. All of the plugins I use are set to whatever setting I use most. Drive on the C1 is a part of that customization.

Quote:
anyone else have issues getting the smaller display window to work? my main OSD window works fine, but the smaller one is just a big black bar at the bottom of the screen.
Never use it, sorry

Herwig
Old 11th August 2020
Lives for gear

I got sometimes the msg

"Please release all Faders before I can change Page modes."

Then I have to quit console 1 software and restart it. Then it works again. It's not a show stopper but it's a little annoying.

Anybody knws about that?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
I got sometimes the msg

Then I have to quit console 1 software and restart it. Then it works again. It's not a show stopper but it's a little annoying.

Anybody knws about that?

Thanks in advance.
What DAW?
Old 11th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
What DAW?
Cubase pro 10.5
Ios 10.14.6
Old 12th August 2020
Gear Nut
Quote:
I got sometimes the msg

Anybody knws about that?

Thanks in advance.
Happens regularly, especially if I perform some operations quickly (fader moves, layer/drive/character switch).
Old 12th August 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofutur View Post
Happens regularly, especially if I perform some operations quickly (fader moves, layer/drive/character switch).
Same here....wrote to Softube about it almost 2 months ago by now (and I still regularly remind them that I am still waiting for this to be solved). Beside being asked if I had the latest firmware (which i do) no concrete answer has been put forward from them on how solve this so far. I barely have seen them recognising the problem and maybe apologies for releasing a product which obviously under certain conditions presents bugs.
It's rather annoying I must say cause I feel I can't use Fader1 to its full potential (I don't use the Send buttons for this reason and use drive and character, HP and LP from C1 rather than F1 to minimise how many times I have to unplug the usb and plug it in again)
I like C1 but I am starting to regret having bought Fader too and Softube is not helping in making me feel the opposite
Old 12th August 2020
Here for the gear

Unhappy Console 1 VST3 crashes

Is anyone else getting DAW crashes while using the VST3 version of Console 1? As if this morning, I’m getting crashes on both Ableton and Studio One when I load up the plugin. Ableton seems to have ignored the VST3 plugin, and now it “cannot be found” when I load a live set that uses it. Studio One just crashes entirely.

Curiously, I’m not seeing my Console 1 license in the “My Account” section of the site. Tried reinstalling to no avail. Seems like something strange is going on.
Old 12th August 2020
Gear Addict

I haven't had the crashes ... but licence not shown and software apparently not installed is familiar. And it hoing through the motions of downloading and installing and nothing changed. I download the specific installation file and ignore ST Central and it works.
Old 13th August 2020
Here for the gear

Edit: wow, I figured it out, thanks for the tip on looking for the specific installation file rather than Softube Central. Once I found the right installer on their site, everything started working again. Had to learn a bit about resetting the Ableton plug-in blacklist to get it to work, but it works!

Last edited by LegoIsland; 13th August 2020 at 05:39 AM.. Reason: found solution
Old 16th August 2020
Great you worked it out. Softube central is crap. But to be fair, it's still in beta. I wonder why they don't take it offline until they get their stuff sorted? Or why they released it publicly in the first place?

I love their stuff and innovative thinking, but lately they don't have a run.
Fader sucks, technical problems with Console 1 that now go on for months and months without a solution and non-existent support becuase they are in over their heads.
Old 16th August 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Great you worked it out. Softube central is crap. But to be fair, it's still in beta. I wonder why they don't take it offline until they get their stuff sorted? Or why they released it publicly in the first place?

I love their stuff and innovative thinking, but lately they don't have a run.
Fader sucks, technical problems with Console 1 that now go on for months and months without a solution and non-existent support becuase they are in over their heads.
What s the fader issue ?
Old 16th August 2020
Lives for gear

I must say central works flawless for me. Today they also had an update online for central.

Fader works also since a few days flawless for me.
Old 17th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
What s the fader issue ?
I wrote many posts in this thread about why I think it sucks. They missed too many opportunities with this and given that, it's far too pricey.
Old 17th August 2020
Quote:
I must say central works flawless for me. Today they also had an update online for central.

Fader works also since a few days flawless for me.
Console 1 shown as installed for you? You're the only one I know then.
Old 17th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Console 1 shown as installed for you? You're the only one I know then.
yes
Old 17th August 2020
Quote:
yes
You're one lucky man!

I just opened Central, it performed the auto update, showed an "update failed" message and now cannot log into my account with the correct credentials.

This is really annoying.

EDIT: Manually installing the newest Central worked and now indeed it finally shows Console 1 as installed. Now they'll have fix the bug with the multiple loads of the OSD on Windows...
Old 17th August 2020
Gear Nut
Quote:
You're one lucky man!

I just opened Central, it performed the auto update, showed an "update failed" message and now cannot log into my account with the correct credentials.

This is really annoying.
Yep, they had a major back-end failure last week and since then, I couldn't upgrade and got logged out without the possibility of logging back in.

Solution was to go online and to download the new version. Now I can log in and all my software show up as installed.
(Uninstall the old version before installing the old one)
Old 17th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
You're one lucky man!

This is really annoying.

EDIT: Manually installing the newest Central worked and now indeed it finally shows Console 1 as installed. Now they'll have fix the bug with the multiple loads of the OSD on Windows...
yea wondering myself, since i only read horrible storys about Softube Central. But i really had not one time a problem.
📝 Reply