The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Softube Console 1 WOW!!!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macsearcher View Post
It's amazing... when I speak with tech support at AVID, they rarely even know what I'm talking about. I feel like PT users have given up. We need to keep the pressure on. Letters, emails, posts on social media.
I wish they would at least add a link button like the TC hardware/software. Open the plug, click the button and the surface goes to that instance. Softube CAN do that, or this-

At about 1min30seconds you can see the app following the channels as he selects them. Clearly it's possible for Softube to make this much better one way or another...
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hierofonix View Post
Yup ... re my post above: #3684 .

Track names and numbers are now syncing in Logic Pro X.

Track names entered in Logic are now showing on the Console 1 display. I can move tracks around anywhere I like, and the Console 1 display will follow.

This is huge.
The message would also show if you switch between Vst 2 and Vst 3. The latter can follow supported DAWs, the former can't.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombuur View Post
The only thing I am hoping for is that all knobs will work in a linear fashion in DAW mode (...)
page 46 of the manual
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Johnson View Post
This photo was posted here a few pages back.

Maybe an add-on fader for C1?

I certainly hope this is the case, However. If its simply a single fader it would be almost useless, I think one of the things thats really setting the C1 back as a unit is the ability to adjust volumes for several tracks independently. If they release a fader system I would hope it comes with at least 10 with the ability to add more faders if you wish.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Did anyone in Europe find a good stand for the Console 1? I've seen the Synth and Wood wooden ends, which look cool if a little pricey - but I am curious if there is anything else. Especially with 2 or 3 cm clearance at teh bottom and a nice angle...
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevron View Post
Did anyone in Europe find a good stand for the Console 1? I've seen the Synth and Wood wooden ends, which look cool if a little pricey - but I am curious if there is anything else. Especially with 2 or 3 cm clearance at teh bottom and a nice angle...
Search Amazon for 'laptop stand', loads of options. I use the Lavolta one (originally bought for Push 2).
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
The message would also show if you switch between Vst 2 and Vst 3. The latter can follow supported DAWs, the former can't.
Running AU plugins on a Mac here. Console 1 track name and number integration with Logic pro X has been a bit of a mess (plenty of posts about that in this thread), and then all of a sudden that message pops up and I have the smooth integration that was previously only available with other DAWs (Studio One and Cubase, was it?).

It is actually kind of spooky. I haven't installed any updates recently, so some background stealth must have been going on.

I'm delighted that Console 1 is now fully functional within Logic Pro X, but mystified as to how it happened.

As an added note: My Console 1 has been connected to my Mac since December 2017.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Wait, what? There’s full instagration with Logic X? Including volume, channel select etc.?

Quote:
Running AU plugins on a Mac here. Console 1 track name and number integration with Logic pro X has been a bit of a mess (plenty of posts about that in this thread), and then all of a sudden that message pops up and I have the smooth integration that was previously only available with other DAWs (Studio One and Cubase, was it?).

It is actually kind of spooky. I haven't installed any updates recently, so some background stealth must have been going on.

I'm delighted that Console 1 is now fully functional within Logic Pro X, but mystified as to how it happened.

As an added note: My Console 1 has been connected to my Mac since December 2017.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by planck View Post
Wait, what? There’s full instagration with Logic X? Including volume, channel select etc.?
This is what I've been trying to convey, and have been astounded by the lack of hoots and hollers of joy (unless this is old news that I completely missed somehow). Especially after the chorus of anguished cries regarding this problem earlier in the thread. I figured people must haven given up and moved on.

But to the point, yes. Yesterday the Console 1 popup I posted in post No. 3684, above, appeared out of the blue, and all of a sudden Console 1 is following track names, numbers, and positions perfectly in Logic Pro X. This is totally new to me. Previously, and I mean for the past couple of years, it was a mess.

I can't say that everything has been fixed, but the screwed up track following that was such a PITA has been resolved. Somehow. Track names, number, and positions sync perfectly.

And again, I have no idea how this happened. Certainly not through any effort of mine. There have been updates to Logic since the track sync issue became an issue, but I can't remember the last time I deliberately updated anything related to Console 1, so something must have been going on in the background.

I remain happy but totally mystified.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JED HRMC View Post
Console 1 already has the option to choose the behavior of the knobs:

1. Go to Settings
2. Select Knob Mode
3. Choose the knob mode:
Accelerated smooth
Accelerated stepped
Linear
Linear slow

You're welcome!
It doesn't work in DAW mode. E.g. the volume knob is still accelerated.

I can get linear knobs with your suggestion, but then I lose DAW functions like channel choosing, sends and control of the DAW's volume (as opposed to gain out from C1).
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Search Amazon for 'laptop stand', loads of options. I use the Lavolta one (originally bought for Push 2).
I have looked in to those options on Amazon, and found all the items I looked at were too deep. So you would have the top of the stand sticking out from the top of the C1.

I did get a great option for Push 2 though!
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
This is what I've been trying to convey, and have been astounded by the lack of hoots and hollers of joy (unless this is old news that I completely missed somehow). Especially after the chorus of anguished cries regarding this problem earlier in the thread. I figured people must haven given up and moved on.

But to the point, yes. Yesterday the Console 1 popup I posted in post No. 3684, above, appeared out of the blue, and all of a sudden Console 1 is following track names, numbers, and positions perfectly in Logic Pro X. This is totally new to me. Previously, and I mean for the past couple of years, it was a mess.

I can't say that everything has been fixed, but the screwed up track following that was such a PITA has been resolved. Somehow. Track names, number, and positions sync perfectly.

And again, I have no idea how this happened. Certainly not through any effort of mine. There have been updates to Logic since the track sync issue became an issue, but I can't remember the last time I deliberately updated anything related to Console 1, so something must have been going on in the background.

I remain happy but totally mystified.
Did you use VST3 all the time?
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
Did you use VST3 all the time?
No, never.

I use Logic Pro X on a Mac, so all AU, including Console 1. No VST.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
No, never.

I use Logic Pro X on a Mac, so all AU, including Console 1. No VST.
Is it 1-way or 2-way sync? Meaning if you select tracks on the C1 hardware, will Logic also follow?
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonstatic View Post
Is it 1-way or 2-way sync? Meaning if you select tracks on the C1 hardware, will Logic also follow?
Just checked. No, it is just Logic -> Console 1, so it isn't full integration.

What seems to have changed is that, where previously the Console 1 tracks would not move around to reflect changes made in the track order in logic, they now accurately reflect any changes I make in Logic. The Console 1 tracks would just stay where they originally landed, no matter what changes I made to the Logic track layout. That was frustrating as heck. Now I can move stuff around as much as I like in Logic, and the new layout is accurately represented when I open the Console 1 display. This makes moving back and forth between displays much, much easier.

Looks like it is still not up to Studio One/Cubase/Reaper level. Definitely a step in the right direction though, and I'm still in the dark as to why it has suddenly started working like that.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Just checked. No, it is just Logic -> Console 1, so it isn't full integration.

What seems to have changed is that, where previously the Console 1 tracks would not move around to reflect changes made in the track order in logic, they now accurately reflect any changes I make in Logic. The Console 1 tracks would just stay where they originally landed, no matter what changes I made to the Logic track layout. That was frustrating as heck. Now I can move stuff around as much as I like in Logic, and the new layout is accurately represented when I open the Console 1 display. This makes moving back and forth between displays much, much easier.

Looks like it is still not up to Studio One/Cubase/Reaper level. Definitely a step in the right direction though, and I'm still in the dark as to why it has suddenly started working like that.
For me, changes to the track order in Logic have always updated in C1 correctly, and it’s been like that since a couple of years. Except a few cases where Aux’s and Bus’s are concerned. So that isn’t new.

But if you’re saying selecting tracks in Logic selects the same track in C1, that would be new.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by blayz2002 View Post
For me, changes to the track order in Logic have always updated in C1 correctly, and it’s been like that since a couple of years. Except a few cases where Aux’s and Bus’s are concerned. So that isn’t new.

But if you’re saying selecting tracks in Logic selects the same track in C1, that would be new.
OK, thanks for that. That’s what I wanted to know. So for some reason my Console 1 has only just noticed that track name and number transfers work with my DAW, as indicated by the sudden appearance of the corresponding popup notification yesterday. That is just really weird. Maybe something in my system somewhere that was blocking that feature has been removed or modified. That in itself is a little worrying, but since I haven’t got the faintest idea what happened, and everything seems to be working properly, I guess I’ll just carry on.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
OK, thanks for that. That’s what I wanted to know. So for some reason my Console 1 has only just noticed that track name and number transfers work with my DAW, as indicated by the sudden appearance of the corresponding popup notification yesterday. That is just really weird. Maybe something in my system somewhere that was blocking that feature has been removed or modified. That in itself is a little worrying, but since I haven’t got the faintest idea what happened, and everything seems to be working properly, I guess I’ll just carry on.
Strange indeed since you said you didn't do any recent update. Do you run autoupdates in Gobbler? I asked specifically about Vst 2 or 3 since that's usually when this message appears. I switch between Cubase (in which I use C1 as Vst 3 for full integration) and Mixbus 32c, the latter only supports Vst 2, so no full integratiom possible. But as you're using AU, it must be something else. Anyway, just appreciate and move on. ;-)
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfPerception View Post
I certainly hope this is the case, However. If its simply a single fader it would be almost useless, I think one of the things thats really setting the C1 back as a unit is the ability to adjust volumes for several tracks independently. If they release a fader system I would hope it comes with at least 10 with the ability to add more faders if you wish.
What DAW are you using? My C1 and FaderPort 8 work amazingly well together with Studio One. So much so that I am wishing I had a FP16 now...
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpsbb View Post
What DAW are you using? My C1 and FaderPort 8 work amazingly well together with Studio One. So much so that I am wishing I had a FP16 now...
I was thinking about this as an option, however I think it would be better if Softube made their own version to go along with Console 1 so I could have one cohesive unit. I have a single fader faderport from several years ago and it currently lives in a box in my closet.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombuur View Post
I don't want to buy a Faderport to solve this, as I don't want the fader to jump around every time a switch channel.
That can be annoying.
But the Faderport 'classic' has a button to disable the fader. I assume the new one does too.
That function is implemented in the firmware on the Faderports, but I liked that behaviour so found a way to replicate it on my X-Touch, with the master fader as the 'active'/selected channel fader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfPerception View Post
However. If its simply a single fader it would be almost useless, I think one of the things thats really setting the C1 back as a unit is the ability to adjust volumes for several tracks independently.
It's not that kind of controller and was never meant to be though.
One fader is very far removed from being useless.
There is an army of Faderport users that would set you straight on that.
I have 16 faders plus the selected channel fader, and move one fader alone far more than I move a pair, or three/four.
C1 has the equivalent of a Faderport built in, other functions that are more Mackie Control-like plus its own unique functions, so you really can take control of a session with it.
If you don't need those functions it still integrates beautifully as a dedicated channel strip.

The OSD is stellar although I wish the presentation of the API strip was the same as the stand-alone plugin.
I use Studio One which means I can hide the daw mixer permanently because of the Inspector, so I love the fact that the OSD has reduction meters and I can see how much compression is happening where across banks of 20 channels without having to go and actually look at a channel's insert section.

Get an Icon Platform series controller if you want a cheap but functional motorized faderbank.

I do think adding a fader to C1 would be a good move, keeping the rotary for output gain trim.
Using a knob for channel volume doesn't feel right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevron View Post
There is a nice oak one I've seen on eBay that has a version with the clearance you want.
I'll edit the link in later if I can find it again.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
There is a nice oak one I've seen on eBay that has a version with the clearance you want.
I think that is the Synths and Wood stand I mentioned. Looks great, and I may go for it - bt a little pricey once you had the shipping from the UK.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
That can be annoying.
But the Faderport 'classic' has a button to disable the fader. I assume the new one does too.
That function is implemented in the firmware on the Faderports, but I liked that behaviour so found a way to replicate it on my X-Touch, with the master fader as the 'active'/selected channel fader.

It's not that kind of controller and was never meant to be though.
One fader is very far removed from being useless.
There is an army of Faderport users that would set you straight on that.
I have 16 faders plus the selected channel fader, and move one fader alone far more than I move a pair, or three/four.
C1 has the equivalent of a Faderport built in, other functions that are more Mackie Control-like plus its own unique functions, so you really can take control of a session with it.
If you don't need those functions it still integrates beautifully as a dedicated channel strip.

The OSD is stellar although I wish the presentation of the API strip was the same as the stand-alone plugin.
I use Studio One which means I can hide the daw mixer permanently because of the Inspector, so I love the fact that the OSD has reduction meters and I can see how much compression is happening where across banks of 20 channels without having to go and actually look at a channel's insert section.

Get an Icon Platform series controller if you want a cheap but functional motorized faderbank.

I do think adding a fader to C1 would be a good move, keeping the rotary for output gain trim.
Using a knob for channel volume doesn't feel right.

Quetz i m on studio 5.1 and the send fonction diesn t work , is it working on your side ?

Windows 8.1 here ...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Quetz i m on studio 5.1 and the send fonction diesn t work , is it working on your side ?

Windows 8.1 here ...
Could you confirm what you mean by studio 5.1?
And which send functions, where?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Could you confirm what you mean by studio 5.1?
And which send functions, where?
lol Studio one 4.5.1 (tipo sorry)

Send fonction on the hardware , shif (Drive or Character or Pan) control sends in daw (respectivaly Send 1 and 2 and 3)
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Yep, works here as it should.
I'm on 4.5.2 but have never had a problem in any previous versions.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Yep, works here as it should.
I'm on 4.5.2 but have never had a problem in any previous versions.
Thks will double check pretty sure i messed up something lol C1 is awlawys uppluged and onlybplugged when i mix ...
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
I've not done the 4.5 upgrade yet. Does C1 support the new phase buttons on each channel?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpsbb View Post
I've not done the 4.5 upgrade yet. Does C1 support the new phase buttons on each channel?
New buttons ? It always been there nope ? Anyway , yep all working ...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

As Jeezo said, there's always been a dedicated polarity switch on C1, at bottom left.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search