The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Softube Console 1 WOW!!!
Old 1 week ago
Brainworx just released a Focusrite Studio console strip. I've been wondering if Softube would do this. Or at least just the ISA110 EQ.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustusarnone View Post
Brainworx just released a Focusrite Studio console strip. I've been wondering if Softube would do this. Or at least just the ISA110 EQ.
I am hoping Console 1 adopts the BX Console series. It would be a very nice addition.
Old 1 week ago
I've never used a bx plug. I don't doubt that they're great if so many people like them. But even apart from the C1 controller, Softube plugs do it for me every time, so I'd really love to have their take on the Focusrite. Imagine the Red series?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Softube will never officially support PA stuff; they're competitors. Why let another company take advantage (and your sales) from you, using your own controller?

UAD—as with Console 1—is a closed system which requires investment. They came to a mutually beneficial agreement, even though they had a few overlapping plugins (SSL channel strip for example).
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelhume View Post
I am hoping Console 1 adopts the BX Console series. It would be a very nice addition.
That won't happen. See above. Maybe there's still a misconception what exactly Console 1 is. But you can, of course, map Console 1 to the bx channelstrip. You just lose the advanced control features.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I love my console 1 with Cubase Pro 10. I’m using PC and having no issues until I woke up and went to write and found this... I’ve had this unit for 2 months and have used it four times because I am busy doing other things and love it to bits because it does save me heaps of time and like the sound I get. But 6 LEDs stopped working in the EQ section. I hope the knobs don’t start to malfunction like M Audio Midi Controllers because that would get annoying.
Attached Thumbnails
Softube Console 1 WOW!!!-04ffaa3c-e51a-4555-82d0-db4bca7d839f.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seniore Glyde View Post
I love my console 1 with Cubase Pro 10. I’m using PC and having no issues until I woke up and went to write and found this... I’ve had this unit for 2 months and have used it four times because I am busy doing other things and love it to bits because it does save me heaps of time and like the sound I get. But 6 LEDs stopped working in the EQ section. I hope the knobs don’t start to malfunction like M Audio Midi Controllers because that would get annoying.
Should be a warranty case. Have mine for 2 years almost, no issues, rock solid.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
I will head into the shop soon. I noticed when I push slightly into the EQ knobs I got slight LED back the pushed in another knob slightly and the lights came back on. They do come off when I turn the other side of EQs so looks like a short somewhere like dying Christmas bulbs.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

On a bright note, the Console 1 has shortened down my workflow by half and has improved my overall mix quality by 20-25%. I rarely use any UAD plugins and am happy with the SSL 4000K it’s doing it for me. Haven’t tried any demos. I have UAD for years and was using Neve 88RS MK2 and API Vision Strip along with 560 eq. I barely reach for them with Console 1. I only use UAD at pre-master fader now.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
2 years in, have any of your knobs started showing any signs of midi error like midi cc moving figures on its own??
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

No hardware problems here. Build quality is solid. Btw, you do know you can use many uad plugs with console one?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seniore Glyde View Post
2 years in, have any of your knobs started showing any signs of midi error like midi cc moving figures on its own??
No, everything working fine.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
No, everything working fine.
Thank god! I can’t imagine myself going back to my mouse or anything else. I’d rather not make music lol.
Old 1 week ago
eor
Gear Addict

mine has had light usage since i got it (been busy with school) but i've had it since the end of 2017, i think and it works as well as it did the day i got it. i did make a point to seek out one of the og made in sweden ones because by that point they had announced the v2 ones and i wanted to play it safe.

anyhow, i had an idea. i was shopping around online for a compressor pedal for my guitar. then i remembered that i had console 1. specifically, the ssl4000 and the british class a. and since i just got a load box and have been using wall of sound in my daw, couldn't i then use console one for my compression? am i a silly person? or is this genius? mind you, this is to jam and possibly track, not mix (though that would happen at some point, obviously).

if this is worth persuing, which console would you recommend? has anyone tried this yet? sample settings? i'm generally of the very light opto comp variety (if at all, i generally forgo for playing and tracking), but i'm curious to see what these things can do. and if it can save me a few hundred on a comp pedal, so much the better!
Old 1 week ago
I don't think I've posted the final, mastered version of my latest homemade album of originals. I used Console 1 extensively throughout.

https://mikecrowder.bandcamp.com/releases

It's free to download. It's also on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon music, etc. if you prefer another outlet.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowder View Post
I don't think I've posted the final, mastered version of my latest homemade album of originals. I used Console 1 extensively throughout.

https://mikecrowder.bandcamp.com/releases

It's free to download. It's also on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon music, etc. if you prefer another outlet.
This is excellent man. Great tunes and production.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSPH3 View Post
This is excellent man. Great tunes and production.
Thanks! I'm proud of it.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Thanks! I'm proud of it.
Rightly so. Love your guitar tones.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Rightly so. Love your guitar tones.

Thanks. Good ole Scuffham S-Gear. I never plugged in an amp.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Thanks. Good ole Scuffham S-Gear. I never plugged in an amp.
I have those for over year or so in the Everything bundle and never found the time to try them out. Seems like a mistake.
Old 6 days ago
I am new Console 1 user and quite like it so far. I angled the unit a bit and I also bought small 10" display to have it always visible. Cool to have UAD plugins as well, especially those which have small old GUI, they got a new life inside C1.
Attached Thumbnails
Softube Console 1 WOW!!!-img_5109.jpg  
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search