The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Softube Console 1 WOW!!!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #3571
Gear Maniac
Thanks guys. I just sold a drumset so I think I will demo both the Summit and the Bass Amp Room.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #3572
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpsbb View Post
Thanks guys. I just sold a drumset so I think I will demo both the Summit and the Bass Amp Room.
But don't hit 'em with a a stick. ;-)
Old 4 weeks ago
  #3573
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
Guyz by the way if some have the same issue as le (shift button going werd mechanically) , try give the chassis some room by unscrewing a little the left bottom corner screw , it helped and if you open console 1 the screws in the midlle have not to be unscrewed ...
Old 4 weeks ago
  #3574
Here for the gear
 

"Console 1 Fader Native"... New Fader Console comming??

Just visited the Softube Page looking for some discounts and found a "strange product" in the end of the shop. Anybody any idea what's this? A new Console with faders?
Attached Thumbnails
Softube Console 1 WOW!!!-bildschirmfoto-2019-06-19-um-20.13.05.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
  #3575
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktivomat View Post
Just visited the Softube Page looking for some discounts and found a "strange product" in the end of the shop. Anybody any idea what's this? A new Console with faders?
Hardware add on? Looking at the Sweetwater site, it looks like they list two items under Control & Interface Combos when you search Softube. When you click through though it only shows you the C1. This is pure conjecture, but isn't that what Al Gore invented the internet for? Reckless speculation and pornos.
Attached Thumbnails
Softube Console 1 WOW!!!-screen-shot-2019-06-19-3.01.06-pm.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
  #3576
Gear Maniac
 

Hmmm the plot thickens!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #3577
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSPH3 View Post
... but isn't that what Al Gore invented the internet for? Reckless speculation and pornos.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #3578
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktivomat View Post
Just visited the Softube Page looking for some discounts and found a "strange product" in the end of the shop. Anybody any idea what's this? A new Console with faders?
It's a new, invisible console 1 (with 8 faders). By removing its appearance in the visible spectrum, it can truly help you mix with your ears and not your eyes.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #3579
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
SInce it s written native , might be just plugin for protools to insert to get kinda full integration or some ?

Or the finally do dsp , and brings a new console 1 line with a fader , one native like it is now and one with dsp ships !! I heard some rumors about this going yoyo , sometime yes , sometime no ....
Old 3 weeks ago
  #3580
Any other Logic + Console 1 users having issues since the Logic update a few days ago??
Old 3 weeks ago
  #3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowder View Post
Any other Logic + Console 1 users having issues since the Logic update a few days ago??
What sort of issues? I’v been working on mixing and production tracks recently (production for the last few days) so struggling to remember if I’ve used Console 1 since I upgraded to 10.4.5.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #3582
Quote:
Originally Posted by blayz2002 View Post
What sort of issues? I’v been working on mixing and production tracks recently (production for the last few days) so struggling to remember if I’ve used Console 1 since I upgraded to 10.4.5.
It seems like there are some known issues with control surfaces of various kinds.

I re-downloaded and re-installed my Console 1 and Faderport software and they seem to be okay now. My M-Audio Axiom keyboard controller not so much. Logic shuts down every time I try to add it as a control surface.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #3583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowder View Post
It seems like there are some known issues with control surfaces of various kinds.

I re-downloaded and re-installed my Console 1 and Faderport software and they seem to be okay now. My M-Audio Axiom keyboard controller not so much. Logic shuts down every time I try to add it as a control surface.
Actually, if I look at the date of my last mix bounce (which as usual had Console 1 on virtually every track) it was the 18th of June, and I updated Logic on the 14th. So no I have not noticed any issues with it, but have noticed 1, I think with my X-Touch, and a growing list of other mixer behaviours that weren't present on 10.4.4. But so far no show stoppers or anything making me consider going back to 10.4.4.

On the upside, from a stability and performance perspective, 10.4.5 is definitely better, it's very confidence inspiring. Apple just needs to fix what they broke in getting the mixer and other GUI elements ready for the new Mac Pro.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #3584
Here for the gear
 
Overlate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
Go to the folder C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Softube
There should be a settings file called:
Console 1 On-Screen Display.txt

Turn off the OSD app, either exit in the menu tray icon, or use the task manager.
Then edit the 1 in the "APPLICATION_MODE INTEGER 1" row to a 0 (zero)
Save the file.
Restart the OSD app.

Those are the exact instructions from Softube, should sort it.
This saved my life! I changed 1 to 0, and the thing started working like magic!

Softube was going to let me die, waiting for them to respond to my support request. This info should be on their website. Better yet, the app should sort this out for itself. This thread is the *only* place on the whole damned web that had the answer.

Does anyone know what APPLICATION_MODE refers to?
Old 2 weeks ago
  #3585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlate View Post
This saved my life! I changed 1 to 0, and the thing started working like magic!

Softube was going to let me die, waiting for them to respond to my support request. This info should be on their website. Better yet, the app should sort this out for itself. This thread is the *only* place on the whole damned web that had the answer.

Does anyone know what APPLICATION_MODE refers to?
This solves which problem? Sorry, I lost track.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #3586
Here for the gear
 
Overlate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
This solves which problem? Sorry, I lost track.
Console 1 OSD was hanging up on launch. It would say "Authenticating hardware" for a long time, then go to the splash screen, but wouldn't respond to anything.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #3587
Aaaah, thanx! Had that two or three times lately.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #3588
Lives for gear
 
Quetz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlate View Post
This saved my life! I changed 1 to 0, and the thing started working like magic!

Softube was going to let me die, waiting for them to respond to my support request. This info should be on their website. Better yet, the app should sort this out for itself. This thread is the *only* place on the whole damned web that had the answer.

Does anyone know what APPLICATION_MODE refers to?
Ha ha, you're welcome, they were actually pretty quick to respond and help me out but I figured putting it here in full would save some people some time.

Ps. Application mode refers to Apollo mode.
Somehow the system can schiz out and put itself in Apollo control mode which hangs when you don't have one connected.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #3589
Lives for gear
 

Hey guys,

I wanna give drive to all channels. But when clicking Shift + All to select all channels the drive button turns to the Send 1.

Any way around this ?
Old 2 weeks ago
  #3590
Lives for gear
 
e-are's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemuso View Post
No I have not tried them yet. Sonically I feel like I am still learning the 4000 and BCA and how to get more and more out of them. But I am planning on trying them in the future, in particular the American Class A. What about you, do you use them ? if you do what's your take on them compared to 4000 and BCA ?
I think the 9000 would really fit your music. You should demo it.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #3591
Lives for gear
 
e-are's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlate View Post
This saved my life! I changed 1 to 0, and the thing started working like magic!

Softube was going to let me die, waiting for them to respond to my support request. This info should be on their website. Better yet, the app should sort this out for itself. This thread is the *only* place on the whole damned web that had the answer.

Does anyone know what APPLICATION_MODE refers to?
For some reason at start up, I have to go to the menu tray, right click on the console on icon an select reset on screen display, everytime. No big deal but it took me weeks to figure this out. Otherwise, c1 will not appear.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #3592
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-are View Post
I think the 9000 would really fit your music. You should demo it.
Thank you...I will. I know it's hard but how would you define its sonics (compared to the other strips) ?
Old 2 weeks ago
  #3593
Lives for gear
 
Quetz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-are View Post
For some reason at start up, I have to go to the menu tray, right click on the console on icon an select reset on screen display, everytime. No big deal but it took me weeks to figure this out. Otherwise, c1 will not appear.
That's not normal, although I don't need to tell you that.
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?
Old 2 weeks ago
  #3594
Lives for gear
 
e-are's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
That's not normal, although I don't need to tell you that.
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?
Oh yeah, and everything else I could think of. I don't mind it too much. It works so I will continue unless I get other issues.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #3595
Lives for gear
 
e-are's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemuso View Post
Thank you...I will. I know it's hard but how would you define its sonics (compared to the other strips) ?
I'd say it's cleaner/ eq is more broad stroke'd. I like the saturation. Seems like you go can go kind of heavy handed with it. You should demo it, for sure.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #3596
Lives for gear
 
denork's Avatar
Sorry if this has been talked about before, but there are 120 pages in the thread.

So, console1 can not work with other plugins, also if it were mapping 1 by 1 each parameter from the DAW?
Old 2 weeks ago
  #3597
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by denork View Post
Sorry if this has been talked about before, but there are 120 pages in the thread.

So, console1 can not work with other plugins, also if it were mapping 1 by 1 each parameter from the DAW?
It can - quit the Console 1 app and it'll act like a normal MIDI device
Old 2 weeks ago
  #3598
Lives for gear
 
denork's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
It can - quit the Console 1 app and it'll act like a normal MIDI device
But the selection of tracks does not work? That is, I could not have 1 SAND of AA per channel and be able to switch between them and work only with console1.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #3599
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by denork View Post
But the selection of tracks does not work? That is, I could not have 1 SAND of AA per channel and be able to switch between them and work only with console1.
You could bind a C1 button to prev/next track via your DAW. That won't load the current SAND plugin for the active track though.

Perhaps a script would work (if you're a Reaper user); close open plugin > next track > open SAND.

I use a combination of C1 and Faderport Classic. Although I can't use C1 atm due to a bug only I seem to be getting :|
Old 2 weeks ago
  #3600
Lives for gear
 
denork's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
You could bind a C1 button to prev/next track via your DAW. That won't load the current SAND plugin for the active track though.

Perhaps a script would work (if you're a Reaper user); close open plugin > next track > open SAND.

I use a combination of C1 and Faderport Classic. Although I can't use C1 atm due to a bug only I seem to be getting :|
I tried behringer bcr2000 with reaper and it did not work because reaper has no recall, if you moved a parameter with the mouse, it does not send a message to the controller, or if it changes between channels it does not send the current status information either, so it was impossible.

In summary, it is not viable to work as with the softube or uad plugins.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump