The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
iZotope BreakTweaker Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 23rd January 2014
Lives for gear

iZotope BreakTweaker

BreakTweaker

Manipulate audio at a molecular level.. just wooow

Old 23rd January 2014
Lives for gear

Seems interesting but not sure how easy it is to NOT make Dubstep with it...
Old 23rd January 2014
Here for the gear

Looks like one of those incredible products I'll buy and play with for 10 minutes before realizing there are TOO many options
(much like stutter edit)
Old 23rd January 2014
Lives for gear

"Sounds you've never heard before!"

Unless you're a BT fan, then you've heard all this before....

While I like the idea of it, I'm just worried that lots of people are going to buy this and we're going to be awash in 2-4 years of glitched, breaked-up drums and sounds because "its the hot new thing" (unless, again, you're a BT fan, in which, this sound is quite old).
Old 23rd January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djshire View Post

hahaha Exactly...true
Old 25th January 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:

While I like the idea of it, I'm just worried that lots of people are going to buy this and we're going to be awash in 2-4 years of glitched, breaked-up drums and sounds because "its the hot new thing" (unless, again, you're a BT fan, in which, this sound is quite old).
I don't think that too many are going to use it because 1) they don't want to sound like BT and 2) this whole dubstep/glitch/electro/über-sidechained thing seems to be going out of fashion and 3) you don't need this plugin if you know what you're doing and you know how to use your DAW.

Whatever, people have started wanting to hear something new. BT's latest album got pretty lukewarm reviews that also indicates what's going on in the EDM scene (personally, I still like the album).

Besides, the plugin is a bit pricey in comparison to Tremor or Inear Display software that let you do all those same things - if you just want to go a bit deeper with the software. The plugin might be useful in live playing though.
Old 26th January 2014
Lives for gear

looks like good tools for programing beats,noise.ect ect.Besides you don't have to overdose in your production.

Old 26th January 2014
Gear Maniac

i played with it at namm. basically reaktor's massive meets stutter edit. as a drum machine it's interesting ( and probably too identifiable for my taste ) but because you can load your own samples, it would be very cool for vox and other instruments samples. on the fence about it...
Old 26th January 2014
Lives for gear

I was talking to BT about this a little while back, and it sounded really great. I'm very interested to see it in action.
Old 20th February 2014
Gear Head

Is it using iLOK for copy protection ?

That would be a deal breaker for me.
Old 21st February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokoleski View Post
Is it using iLOK for copy protection ?

That would be a deal breaker for me.
All is here...
Old 22nd February 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spip View Post
Many thanks.... much appreciated
Old 14th September 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:

Old thread, but...
I was interested in BreakTweaker, but I was afraid that it would have a sound that is too easily identifiable. However, plugin boutique had a crazy sale ($49) and I bought it. I have found it to be a great tool for quickly coming up with beats and I actually really like the included sounds. I don't listen to dubstep, but I don't think using BreakTweaker causes your beats to sound too identifiable. Maybe it did not sell well enough to be plastered all over the radio.
And it's on sale again--the expanded version... $49
Highly recommended.

Last edited by Squeegee 303; 14th September 2016 at 04:46 AM..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search