The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SampleTank 3?
Old 13th January 2014
Lives for gear

SampleTank 3?

Music Radar is reporting that IK Multimedia says it is going to show a 64-bit SampleTank 3 with over 2000 samples at NAMM. I think it was last updated around 2003 or 2004 to ver. 2.5.

SampleTank 2XL was my first soft synth.
Old 13th January 2014
finally!!!!!!!!!! i hope there is a FREE version so i can at least use my old libraries with Logic X 64 bit plug.
Old 13th January 2014
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlanephil View Post
Music Radar is reporting that IK Multimedia says it is going to show a 64-bit SampleTank 3 with over 2000 samples at NAMM. I think it was last updated around 2003 or 2004 to ver. 2.5.

SampleTank 2XL was my first soft synth.
Yes, we will be showing it at NAMM soon. If anybody reading this is going, please do stop by and check it out! IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
Old 14th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by contramark View Post
finally!!!!!!!!!! i hope there is a FREE version so i can at least use my old libraries with Logic X 64 bit plug.
This!! If not, those libraries will be the last products i've bought from IK.
Old 15th January 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmolemon View Post
Peter @ IKM has already stated on kvr that there will be NO free SampleTank 3 player at the time of release. There will, however, be some form of an upgrade path..

Statement made here:
KVR: Forum Topic - IK Miroslav philharmonik or total workstation XL?
Old 15th January 2014
Lives for gear

But, but,....... they are suppose to give me a free version. Yes I know they worked really hard at this update, and probably spent thousands of dollars in development, and yes I know that the version I actually bought still works on the OS and DAW I bought it to use on. But since then I have upgraded my system and I am therefore entitled to get a free version so I can play the stuff I bought from them many moons ago.

rsp
Old 15th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvenx View Post
But, but,....... they are suppose to give me a free version. Yes I know they worked really hard at this update, and probably spent thousands of dollars in development, and yes I know that the version I actually bought still works on the OS and DAW I bought it to use on. But since then I have upgraded my system and I am therefore entitled to get a free version so I can play the stuff I bought from them many moons ago.

rsp
Sampletank and Miroslav never worked properly for me and many others in Live 8 or 9 on Windows 8.
Old 15th January 2014
Lives for gear

and windows 8 came out how many years after sampletank stopped being developed?
rsp
Old 15th January 2014
Lives for gear
Can't freakin wait.

ST3 is my last planned software purchase of 2014..... maybe even 2015 lol. #WorkWithWhatYouGot!!!!!

...... and it will be seriously hilarious to me if ST3 and Bitwig end up being released at the same time what a coinkydink!
Old 15th January 2014
Company Rep

We should coordinate with the Bitwig folks and release same day

We were just discussing NAMM and preparations including SampleTank 3 and I hope some GSers can stop by and use it.
Old 15th January 2014
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmolemon View Post
Sorry to hear that. We did work very hard on this, and SampleTank 2 was never stated to be 64-bit compatible. We explain the reasoning on our forum IK Multimedia Forums • Login and upon release there will be no free version and we make no promises (nor denials) about what the future may hold. The current version did not have a free version for a long time after release, so we could very well still follow the trajectory of previous products here.
Old 15th January 2014
Lives for gear
Just to brainstorm... even a "lighter" version that allowed you to load the older libraries into ST3, but didn't provide the full benefits of the complete upgrade may be something to consider. I think the ability to be 64bit is worth charging for IMO... it's not like it's just a plugin that had been created only a few years ago and should've had a x64 version anyway so the userbase deserved a free x64 update (a la Soundtoys). This is different... ST has been out waaay before x64bit was a seed in a DAW maker's eyes lol.

Just something to consider... may help bridge a gap between stubborn customers and users who are cool with it.
Old 15th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
Sorry to hear that. We did work very hard on this, and SampleTank 2 was never stated to be 64-bit compatible. We explain the reasoning on our forum IK Multimedia Forums • Login and upon release there will be no free version and we make no promises (nor denials) about what the future may hold. The current version did not have a free version for a long time after release, so we could very well still follow the trajectory of previous products here.
Ok.. I don't care about the new SampleTank 3 sounds at this moment, but i do care about the products i bought. Does this means that IK Samplemoog and IK Sampletron will remain as useless to me as they are right now, given the fact that i'm a 64 bit logic user on a mac and there are only 32bit versions available? Maybe i got it all wrong, but if this is the case, i'm out as i will not buy SampleTank 3 just to open these old libraries..
Old 15th January 2014
Lives for gear
^Have you considered using a bitbridge? They're fairly stable and I hear MAC has them now
Old 15th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenix View Post
^Have you considered using a bitbridge? They're fairly stable and I hear MAC has them now
Do you mean a third party bridge like this? No i haven't, but i guess i'm one of those "stubborn customers" you just mentioned and to be honest, i don't want to. But IK is not alone, i also own a useless Abbey Road TG12413 license and i will never ever buy a plugin from them again.

But maybe you're right and i should spend my money on this third party bridge instead, as THIS would be a useful purchase..
Old 15th January 2014
Lives for gear

I really do not get it.. Why do some users think they have a right to get an update for 64bit for free? If it was advertised as 64 bit I see your point, if not it really is just an entitled attitude.
rsp
Old 16th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvenx View Post
I really do not get it.. Why do some users think they have a right to get an update for 64bit for free? If it was advertised as 64 bit I see your point, if not it really is just an entitled attitude.
rsp
I never said that i think that i have a right to get any update for free, but just as IK has every right to charge for their 64bit updates, i do have every right to choose which company's products i want to buy in the future. I have spend money on several of IK's products in the past, but you might agree with me that there are so many great companies out there, so many great products, and as long there is a choice, i dare to choose for reasons of my own and i dare to share these reasons on this forum.

Of course YMMV. As a matter of fact, i might even be tempted to grab SampleTank 3, as i could use a decent software rompler, but right now i'm somewhat pissed and I'd rather not.
Old 16th January 2014
Company Rep

We haven't charged for any 64-bit updates, but we do have a right to not have a free version of a ground-up rewrite and major release # upgrade to this product upon release (as explained on multiple levels at the link I posted). We have updated T-RackS, AmpliTube, and ARC (with 64-bit AAX coming very soon too) at no charge. So the majority of the 64-bit updates were free of charge, and this one is currently without a free "player" version for the reasons I've posted a link to above. I think that is fair.
Old 16th January 2014
Lives for gear

I'm looking forward to it since I own Sampletank, Miroslav, and other IK products. :D
Old 18th January 2014
Gear Addict

Is Sampletank 3 going to be released or just announced at Namm? Will there be a download option, or mail only?
Old 18th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
We haven't charged for any 64-bit updates, but we do have a right to not have a free version of a ground-up rewrite and major release # upgrade to this product upon release (as explained on multiple levels at the link I posted). We have updated trackside, AmpliTube, and ARC (with 64-bit AAX coming very soon too) at no charge. So the majority of the 64-bit updates were free of charge, and this one is currently without a free "player" version for the reasons I've posted a link to above. I think that is fair.
Thanks for your input Peter! I'm hoping to get a processed soft sampler, meaning similar to ST2.5 where when you load a preset. It would already have a setup with effects. That would be great!

We are at a point where daws and 3rd party libraries are matching and exceeding the korg, Roland and Yamaha workstations. I want something that will give me a Korg Kronos ITB! Anything equal to kontakt stock sounds isn't good enough.

Hopefully there will be modeling tech and multiple engine like Halion 5?
Old 18th January 2014
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybland View Post
Is Sampletank 3 going to be released or just announced at Namm? Will there be a download option, or mail only?
Shown. You can stop by and use it, so it is a working version not just a "demonstration" or "presentation"
Old 18th January 2014
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictunz View Post
Thanks for your input Peter! I'm hoping to get a processed soft sampler, meaning similar to ST2.5 where when you load a preset. It would already have a setup with effects. That would be great!

We are at a point where daws and 3rd party libraries are matching and exceeding the korg, Roland and Yamaha workstations. I want something that will give me a Korg Kronos ITB! Anything equal to kontakt stock sounds isn't good enough.

Hopefully there will be modeling tech and multiple engine like Halion 5?
There will be great sounds with effects in presets as part of the library, and it will include some of the awesome effects we are known for in T-RackS and AmpliTube too.
Old 18th January 2014
Lives for gear

peter when is the public release? cheers
Old 18th January 2014
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound_music View Post
peter when is the public release? cheers
We will be disclosing that in the future. I cannot right now. Thank you.
Old 18th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
There will be great sounds with effects in presets as part of the library, and it will include some of the awesome effects we are known for in T-RackS and AmpliTube too.
Sounds great, I think you guys will have much success with it,why? Because we are gearslutz we want all the goodies

Some screen shots would be great or a youtube video or two.
Old 23rd January 2014
Here for the gear

will be nice to use ST again...its been a while
Old 23rd January 2014
Lives for gear

Fair enough, I didn't know there was such a conversation.
rsp
Old 23rd January 2014
Gear Addict

Is Sampletank 3 going to be shown today? Please post some video's ASAP!
Old 23rd January 2014
Gear Maniac

I would just like to know if upgrade pricing will be disclosed during NAMM.
📝 Reply