The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SampleTank 3?
Old 29th November 2015
Lives for gear

This is such a promising product, but I regretted the upgrade on the first day; there are no 'next' 'previous' buttons like in the previous versions of ST. That makes loading patches tedious and annoying. And it still uses the age old method of midi controllers for automation. That's unfortunate. Not a million bucks upgrade luckily.
Old 23rd March 2016
Lives for gear

@ Peter - IK - Hi, apologies if this has been asked before. I'm just reinstalling all my old IK synths (like sampletron, samplemoog) and realised they are only 32bit.

Does Sampletank 3 support the playback of the old synth libraries? Think I've read that somewhere but wanted to confirm. - thanks!
Old 23rd March 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Biffro View Post
@ Peter - IK - Hi, apologies if this has been asked before. I'm just reinstalling all my old IK synths (like sampletron, samplemoog) and realised they are only 32bit.

Does Sampletank 3 support the playback of the old synth libraries? Think I've read that somewhere but wanted to confirm. - thanks!
The paid-for Sampletank does. I do not think the free one does though.
Old 24th March 2016
Company Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by richinmusic View Post
The paid-for Sampletank does. I do not think the free one does though.
This - SampleTank 3 full and SampleTank 3 SE has this ability.
Old 24th March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
No problem!

Two new SampleTank 3 sound libraries are here! Alan Parsons Imperial Grand piano and Terry Bozzio Drums.

Here is a video for the Alan Parsons Imperial Grand piano library:
Wow sounds lovely!
Old 24th March 2016
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictunz View Post
Wow sounds lovely!
Thank you! And since it may not be clear for everybody, the SampleTank 3 expansions like the one you like the sound of will work in SampleTank Custom Shop (which is free).
Old 26th April 2016
Lives for gear

Hey @ Peter - IK

I've just picked up Sampletank 3 having been a previous Sampletank 2 XL user.

Does Sampletank 3's sound library supersede Sampletank 2, or should I input both libraries for maximum coverage? Thanks!
Old 26th April 2016
Company Rep

Quote:
Hey @ Peter - IK

I've just picked up Sampletank 3 having been a previous Sampletank 2 XL user.

Does Sampletank 3's sound library supersede Sampletank 2, or should I input both libraries for maximum coverage? Thanks!
If you picked up the full version of SampleTank 3 then the SampleTank 2.5XL library is included.
Old 26th April 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
If you picked up the full version of SampleTank 3 then the SampleTank 2.5XL library is included.
Sweet, thanks.
Old 12th December 2016
Lives for gear

So, did ST3 ever get a decent previous/next preset button? Double-clicking every preset to load it is such a workflow killer...
Old 12th December 2016
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbackdoor View Post
So, did ST3 ever get a decent previous/next preset button? Double-clicking every preset to load it is such a workflow killer...
Version 3.5, released in March 2015, added the ability to browse presets using the keyboard up/down arrows.
Old 12th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Version 3.5, released in March 2015, added the ability to browse presets using the keyboard up/down arrows.
Thanks Peter!

I guess that means I haven't used it since March 2015...
Downloading that update now!
Old 8th March 2017
Here for the gear

I had purchased Miroslav Philharmonik (I gather version 1) a few years ago, and had not made much use of it until I recently tried with Logic X at the suggestion of a friend from a Hans Zimmer Master Class site. I ran into the 32 bit vs. 64 bit issue as my principal DAW is Logic X. It does work with Logic 9. I have Ableton 9, although I have not tried it with that program. It came with several other programs, each with different serial numbers and authorization procedures which was a deterrent to activating them and using them; and then I had a hard drive crash and had to reinstall everything and frankly just loaded Philharmonik because of the serial number/auth number procedure for each of these side programs. I have read here and elsewhere that Sample Tank 3 and Philarmonik 2 may solve the bit issue with Logic X. Is that so? And by chance, will there be only one serial number I have to use to deal with all the programs that come with it? I have thought about even buying Max, but only if I don't have to separately activate each of the programs with a separate serial number and authorization code. I have to deal with so many passwords, IDs, etc., with work and home that dealing with a plethora of them for my hobby is not what I want to do.
Old 8th March 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanierlaw View Post
I have read here and elsewhere that Sample Tank 3 and Philarmonik 2 may solve the bit issue with Logic X.
Miroslav Philharmonik works very well for me in Sampletank 3 and Logic X, latest versions of everything including OS.
Old 6th May 2017
Lives for gear
Hi Peter,

I am trying to get Sampletank Free to work after getting a new computer, but it keeps asking me to update the auth manager over and over. I tried to install it, but in Cubase it looks like it is opening up bridge. Not sure what to do next?

Ultimately I want the Sampletron back. I thought I'd try here before contacting support
Old 6th May 2017
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke View Post
Hi Peter,

I am trying to get Sampletank Free to work after getting a new computer, but it keeps asking me to update the auth manager over and over. I tried to install it, but in Cubase it looks like it is opening up bridge. Not sure what to do next?

Ultimately I want the Sampletron back. I thought I'd try here before contacting support
The only thing I would have to suggest is to get Authorization Manager directly from IK Multimedia | Authorization Manager if you have not tried that already. Install that and go from there if you have not done so yet.

Beyond that, support would probably be best equipped.
Old 7th May 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
The only thing I would have to suggest is to get Authorization Manager directly from IK Multimedia | Authorization Manager if you have not tried that already. Install that and go from there if you have not done so yet.

Beyond that, support would probably be best equipped.
thanks Peter! Will do.

I just realized I just cannot live without that lovely Sampletron!
Old 12th May 2017
Lives for gear
Somehow I got thru the auth process, who knows, maybe something was wonky that day.

But now I am having the same issue that I have seen at the IK forums. Some folks are importing the legacy libraries and nothing shows up. These things happen and I understand that. What I don't understand is why IK will refuse to post a solution to the problem, and make me have to contact CS again.

Several people had this issue. Why not save others the time and post up known solutions instead of directing us to CS. I am curious, because this kinda turns me off again, after I was considering giving IK another chance?
Old 12th May 2017
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke View Post
Somehow I got thru the auth process, who knows, maybe something was wonky that day.

But now I am having the same issue that I have seen at the IK forums. Some folks are importing the legacy libraries and nothing shows up. These things happen and I understand that. What I don't understand is why IK will refuse to post a solution to the problem, and make me have to contact CS again.

Several people had this issue. Why not save others the time and post up known solutions instead of directing us to CS. I am curious, because this kinda turns me off again, after I was considering giving IK another chance?
Hi, sorry to hear you've had issues. The reason why you would be best served contacting IK Support is that while some problems may appear to be identical reported via forums or similar, many times they are not. There are many things at play when installing complex software on disparate systems so the support team would be best-equipped to process the details of your issue and your system/setup and get you up and running most expediently. I'm sure they can assist you in getting the imported libraries working well. I know that it is frustrating when things happen, but it is great once you are up and running (I can attest to the latter as I am one of those that has been able to import many legacy libraries - including some of the more obscure ones I've picked up from before I was with IK via Sonic Reality's "bonus packs" or Westgate Sounds and such - and have them show up and be usable).

Any known solutions and similar would be posted in IK's FAQ section on our web site.
Old 12th May 2017
Lives for gear
"I want it and I need it now!"

LOL, yeah I know... patience. I am sure once it's running I will forget all about this 'adventure'.

I think this could be done better though. I don't normally have to resort to CS usually, I like to avoid it.
I cannot imagine the frustration of other users who thought they would fire up their imported libraries and run into this.
📝 Reply