The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Question about PT template
Old 3rd January 2014
Gear Addict

Question about PT template

So I just built a custom quick run of the mill mix template out of boredom, and when I was done I saved it into the system as a mix template... so whenever I start a new session I can choose that template no problems... but here's my question... without thinking, and out of a terribly bad habit of deleting things when I'm done with them rather than holding off ... I deleted my PT session I used to make the template. So now whenever I'm in another PT session I can't import session data because I've deleted the template session (I hope this is making sense to anyone out there lol)

BUT, seeing as how I can still open a brand new session and still choose that template I'm sure that it's been saved to my hard drive SOMEWHERE... I just don't know where. So where in the world would this have been stored (on Mac OS) so I can pull from this location whenever I need to import the template session data...

I hope I explained that well enough =/ lol
Old 3rd January 2014
Lives for gear

If you did the PT option "save as template" from the file menu then it should show up here (assuming PT 9 is the same as PT 10 in this respect): Applications>Avid>Pro Tools>Session Templates>Custom (possibly)
Old 4th January 2014
Why don't you just start a new session using the template, then immediately do a "save as" ?
Old 4th January 2014
Gear Addict

Originally Posted by Bender412 View Post
Why don't you just start a new session using the template, then immediately do a "save as" ?
You're a genius! LOL! Ahhh why didn't I think of that? Thanks, buddy!
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search