The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sampletank 3 countdown...
Old 27th January 2014
Here for the gear

I am also very dissappointed to not see sampletank 3 for sale this morning, i have pro tools 11 but still have to use 10. so i can continue to use sampletank 2.5, i may just also give up on it and buy more libraries for kontakt, except that for some reason the sample tank 2.5 seems to track really great for midi guitar, but i suppose that could change for the worse in the upgrade
Old 27th January 2014
Gear Nut

over at kvr-audio.com... a new phrase has been coined... SamplePrank... this whole roll out seems like a "joke"... i.e. SamplePrank!!!
Old 27th January 2014 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsound1 View Post
I am also very dissappointed to not see sampletank 3 for sale this morning, i have pro tools 11 but still have to use 10.
Even though my DAW´s are 64bit i just use Sampletank 2.5 as a seperate Program.
Midi goes into Sampletank via IAC and audio out via Soundflower.
Old 27th January 2014
Lives for gear
Just saw a video on it finally..

Guitar Center New from NAMM - IK Multimedia Sample Tank 3 Software - YouTube

Looks good to me. Release it! . Looks like it has good potential to be a great all-in-one. Would be nice to focus on just having Kontakt, Sampletank 3, and Maschine open for most of the time.

Hurrryy!! (And it would be great if Black 76 came with it too
Old 27th January 2014
Lives for gear
Okay, I know there's a ton of justifable hate going on (b/c it's been a loonnggggg time), but this is looking pretty gosh darn good from the vids I'm seeing....

SampleTank 3 - Overview - A legacy reborn - YouTube

Dropping a pattern to a key sounds like it has potential to be dope.

All I really want is genuine 64bit of all my total bundle IK libraries, but the extras (and it sounds like you DO get IK Black 76 and White 2A!!!!) sound very worth it.
Old 27th January 2014
Ah ok. I'm a little worried because I bought sonik synth 2 probably like 10 years ago (2005?) via DVDs with no internet registration?

What do i do? How can i upgrade this?
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenix View Post
Just saw a video on it finally..

Guitar Center New from NAMM - IK Multimedia Sample Tank 3 Software - YouTube

Looks good to me. Release it! . Looks like it has good potential to be a great all-in-one. Would be nice to focus on just having Kontakt, Sampletank 3, and Maschine open for most of the time.

Hurrryy!! (And it would be great if Black 76 came with it too
from "that" video... what looks "good to you"? just curious...
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by contramark View Post
Ah ok. I'm a little worried because I bought sonik synth 2 probably like 10 years ago (2005?) via DVDs with no internet registration?

What do i do? How can i upgrade this?
Just drop me a line via PM here if you have an issue once SampleTank is released. We can figure something out if your situation doesn't fit "in the box".
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtBlakey View Post
from "that" video... what looks "good to you"? just curious...
From "that" video... what "looks good" to me is... the much nicer and visible GUI (which is the main reason I don't use ST2 at the moment... it's a PITA finding sounds), the mixer section, and the little effects section. I hope that effects section is CPU friendly.. b/c it would be very nice to slap on some Amplitube presets to sounds to mix things up.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenix View Post
From "that" video... what "looks good" to me is... the much nicer and visible GUI (which is the main reason I don't use ST2 at the moment... it's a PITA finding sounds), the mixer section, and the little effects section. I hope that effects section is CPU friendly.. b/c it would be very nice to slap on some Amplitube presets to sounds to mix things up.
so it does not matter how it sounds i.e. patches... the nicer and visible GUI, the mixer section and the little effects sections is enough... along with applying Amplitube presets to sounds to mix things up is enough for you... you sound like an ideal Sampletank 3 customer!!!
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtBlakey View Post
so it does not matter how it sounds i.e. patches... the nicer and visible GUI, the mixer section and the little effects sections is enough... along with applying Amplitube presets to sounds to mix things up is enough for you... you sound like an ideal Sampletank 3 customer!!!
Actually.. if you want a direct quote from ME (instead of filling my mouth w/ words)... then what would be "enough" for me is x64 functionality. Obviously that's not enough to warrant a "version 3" upgrade.

Eitherway... quit the trolling dude.

Nothing in that post of mine you quoted suggests any of the manufactured crap you replied with, like you're implying I'm okay w/ a major upgrade that's all sizzle and no steak.

By.. "It looks good"... i meant just that. LOOKS. Release it so I can check it out. If it's a reasonable price (somewhere around the $99 mark)... I want that x64 upgrade, so I'm grabbing it TBH. Not because "oohhh,, nice gui, mixer, and some plugins, i want it". F outta here.

I didn't realize that a company taking years to update a plugin means you're not allowed to comment on a nice GUI.. i guess that's my bad right?
Old 28th January 2014 | Show parent
This is where IK has got us with their tardy soft sampler update
Lives for gear

(WTF)

Thanks for cleaning that mess up!

Old 28th January 2014
Gear Addict

One day left NAMM? Nothing on their website. Some people aren't interested in tarded tweetie and Facebook reports. Release and price tba ...still. Won't be out this year folks. Just like it wasn't out by '13
Old 28th January 2014
Lives for gear

They said first quarter 2014 but the NAMM floor video hinted at April. Maybe there are going to be a few more surprises in ST3. I wonder if they are going to try and take on Kontakt. It looks pretty ambitious for just a 2.5 to 3 update.
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester View Post
One day left NAMM? Nothing on their website. Some people aren't interested in tarded tweetie and Facebook reports. Release and price tba ...still.
Many are (150K on Facebook for example) but for others there seems to be a tiny bit of conversation on some audio forum I've heard of... can't quite remember the name but it is kind of bawdy. Either way we stated it would be shown at NAMM not that we'd release pricing and date but those are coming. We hinted at the full price and will release that and the upgrade info when the details of those are sorted out (like the further bonus for those that have owned SampleTank for quite a long time).
Quote:
Won't be out this year folks. Just like it wasn't out by '13
Cool, thanks for the update I'll hop on over to your IK desk at the office or we can do lunch to discuss. I'm glad I got the update earlier this time that the date will change.
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlanephil View Post
They said first quarter 2014 but the NAMM floor video hinted at April. Maybe there are going to be a few more surprises in ST3. I wonder if they are going to try and take on Kontakt. It looks pretty ambitious for just a 2.5 to 3 update.
It definitely looks like they are taking on Kontakt... and I'm happy somebody can. Kontakt can be a bit of a resource hog... and the IK has always loaded quickly and efficiently with very little problems. Hope that translates well over to ST3. NI needs a competitor to keep them honest.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester View Post
One day left NAMM? Nothing on their website. Some people aren't interested in tarded tweetie and Facebook reports. Release and price tba ...still. Won't be out this year folks. Just like it wasn't out by '13
You know this?

Sometimes the internet generates more hostility then seems worthwhile.
Old 28th January 2014
Company Rep

The work flow is very important in SampleTank as a product across all versions including the upcoming SampleTank 3. These are fantastic sounds and it really is about those sounds, but there's no reason you cannot have spectacular sounds with great control and realistic expression AND a truly efficient workflow. That's what we're achieving with SampleTank 3 and it really does hit the ball out of the park on that (especially when you can add all the juicy effects on top of it all in the SampleTank work space).
Old 28th January 2014
Lives for gear
Any info on CSR as well? This is not part of Sampletank et al. but was of that time, highly regarded.

I haven't used them in years, really miss getting into reverb with that level of detail.
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam c View Post
You know this?

Sometimes the internet generates more hostility then seems worthwhile.
That's called conjecture. I understand the hostility due to the date slipping but we had it working (and people were playing it at its station at NAMM), we have the videos out (and I've watched a few more that should be out soon) etc so we're almost there. The specific date simply has not yet been set but stay tuned for more information as I have it for you. Thanks.
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke View Post
Any info on CSR as well? This is not part of Sampletank et al. but was of that time, highly regarded.

I haven't used them in years, really miss getting into reverb with that level of detail.
We don't have any news on a CSR update but there will be CSR reverbs inside SampleTank 3 for sure (along with other great T-RackS gear and a great mixing area).
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
Many are (150K on Facebook for example) but for others there seems to be a tiny bit of conversation on some audio forum I've heard of... can't quite remember the name but it is kind of bawdy. Either way we stated it would be shown at NAMM not that we'd release pricing and date but those are coming. We hinted at the full price and will release that and the upgrade info when the details of those are sorted out (like the further bonus for those that have owned SampleTank for quite a long time).

Cool, thanks for the update I'll hop on over to your IK desk at the office or we can do lunch to discuss. I'm glad I got the update earlier this time that the date will change.
bawdy huh?
Old 28th January 2014
Company Rep

I'm sure most if not all others actually understood the reference to Gearslutz name, sorry it went over your head.
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
We don't have any news on a CSR update but there will be CSR reverbs inside SampleTank 3 for sure (along with other great T-RackS gear and a great mixing area).
arggh,

that is unfortunate man! Thanks.
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke View Post
arggh,

that is unfortunate man! Thanks.
We do have the ARC System 2 update and T-RackS update being tested now though, so there should be some news on that soon (the ARC System 2 is AAX 64 mainly, but there was an unforeseen issue so it would have been out already). Hope that helps a little
Old 28th January 2014
Company Rep

Oh and since it seemed to fly over at least one head, I was talking about the name of this very forum. Here's the definition in case it is not clear to some, especially since there are users from all over the globe here.

bawdy: dealing with sexual matters in a comical way; humorously indecent.
(hopefully I can leave out the definition of "slut" though, for sake of the post being as decent as possible )
📝 Reply