The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Recommended UAD plugs for tracking
Old 23rd October 2013
Gear Addict

Recommended UAD plugs for tracking

I'm tracking guitars, bass, backing vocals, synth, and percussion with my new Apollo for my bands debut album.

I currently own the Fatso, which fattens up pretty much anything I put through it. I also have the default bundle you get with the Apollo.

Anything else I should get that adds some mojo to the recordings? I'm not looking to do anything drastic, just give it some vibe and color.

Considering the API preamp as well.
Old 25th October 2013
Gear Addict

Anyone?
Old 25th October 2013
Lives for gear

1176 and LA2a MkII bundles. Neve or Harrison EQs. The new API stuff is very good too. New Pultecs are phenomenal.

I wouldn't print it unless you really know what you're doing. You can always print after you track if it's running out of DSP you're worried about. I'd just monitor the processing while tracking. Just make sure you're watching the actual levels at the AD stage and not just in the DAW. The DAW level can look great since it's post UAD processing, while you're actually clipping the AD.
Old 25th October 2013
Here for the gear

No doubt that 1176 and LA2a MkII bundles is so much comfortable and reliable but i am not use this UAD plug but best of luck with the new mission...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search