The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
mac aggregate device sync source
Old 23rd October 2013
mac aggregate device sync source

Hey guys, i'm looking to create an aggregate device to add inputs to my interface. I currently have a presonus digimax d8, focusrite saffire pro 40 and a art usb dual pre that i'm looking to add to my inputs. my question is that I have my digimax d8 as the sync source for my focusrite, but if I were to add the dual pre as an aggregate device what sync source do I use? thanks
Old 24th October 2013
Gear Head

I'm not sure if this will be helpful, but the device with the most stable clock should be the first connected to the Mac if the interfaces are chained on the same firewire bus. I don't own any of the interfaces, but would think the Apogee would qualify for best clock. That first device should be set as the sync source.

Aggregating devices has been flakey since Lion due to some changes to coreaudio in OS X. I had to revert back to Snow Leopard to get an aggregate device working solidly using a MH 2882 and ULN-8. Maybe someone with a more similar setup can chime in or offer an alternative perspective.

Last edited by melele; 24th October 2013 at 03:46 AM.. Reason: clarification
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search