The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Claps, stomps etc VSTi?
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

Claps, stomps etc VSTi?

Anyone have any recommendations for good claps, foot stomps, leg slaps VSTi or samples? Looking for different floors, lots of variance so you can layer them, good quality.

Suggestions?!
Old 23rd October 2013
Gear Maniac

This one is great for claps:
The Clap - Sampleism: snacks for your samplers

rich
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

Maybe this one?

Wavesfactory - Body Percussion
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

I'll have to take a look at my samples drive. There was a samples company in 2003 or so that gave away a cool collection of claps, foot stomps on plywood, and RotoToms (of all things) in some sort of freebie collection. Part of a promo they had going on.

The stuff all sounds good although I don't use them much. I believe the company is still around, but the name eludes me. I'll take a look at the info later today. Maybe someone else also remembers these.
Old 23rd October 2013
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoodle View Post
I'll have to take a look at my samples drive. There was a samples company in 2003 or so that gave away a cool collection of claps, foot stomps on plywood, and RotoToms (of all things) in some sort of freebie collection. Part of a promo they had going on.

The stuff all sounds good although I don't use them much. I believe the company is still around, but the name eludes me. I'll take a look at the info later today. Maybe someone else also remembers these.
Was it Project Sam? I have been looking for stomps and claps too, and I've heard of those releases, but I can't find a copy of them anywhere. They were freebies, they would be awesome to have.
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnappi View Post
This one is great for claps:
The Clap - Sampleism: snacks for your samplers

rich
Cheers for the suggestions, I really like the sounds of these samples in the example and also I just realised I know these guys through work so will give them ago. The wavesfactory ones sound good but too big a room for what I'm looking for.

If anyone can think of any with that more intimate sound but with some feet stomps and thighslaps etc as well that would be perfect.
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bifftannen View Post
Was it Project Sam? I have been looking for stomps and claps too, and I've heard of those releases, but I can't find a copy of them anywhere. They were freebies, they would be awesome to have.
Yes, the stuff I have came from Project Sam. Boy, that was a long time ago. It looks like they're into cinematic sounds now, but if you contact the company, they may still have the old freebies around for you.
Old 24th October 2013
Old 25th October 2013
Gear Addict
Cinesamples offers a freebie called Snaps and Claps:

Store | Cinesamples

You might like the claps. The Jam Bucket freebie might be of use to you as well. All of the freebies are high quality, including the Djembe, Military Snare, and Triangle (not that you're looking for those).
Old 25th October 2013
Lives for gear
Honestly... the best ones I ever got where the ones I recorded myself.

Especially things like snaps and hands rubbing. Claps & Stomps are perfect for recording yourself b/c you can record a loop and just layer it yourself until it sounds large enough. Perfecto!!!!

I wouldn't even bother paying for this... unless it's truly something exotic that you can't record yourself. Like a footstomp in a cathedral lol. But even then you simulate it with the right convolution reverb!!!! So... you'd be surprised how good you can get stuff to sound when you record it yourself
Old 25th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenix View Post
Honestly... the best ones I ever got where the ones I recorded myself.

Especially things like snaps and hands rubbing. Claps & Stomps are perfect for recording yourself b/c you can record a loop and just layer it yourself until it sounds large enough. Perfecto!!!!

I wouldn't even bother paying for this... unless it's truly something exotic that you can't record yourself. Like a footstomp in a cathedral lol. But even then you simulate it with the right convolution reverb!!!! So... you'd be surprised how good you can get stuff to sound when you record it yourself

The problem is the space though and the noise, can't record stomps where in my flat without some angry neighbours and claps expose bad acoustics more than anything so, £10-20 for samples that you can use a lot isn't too bad I don't think.

If you have a good sounding room can make some noise then yes I completely agree!
Old 25th October 2013
Vocal Planet: Gospel section has killer group stomps, snaps and claps.
Old 16th August 2014
Lives for gear

The clap pack is donation ware, it has lots of variations (claps, snaps, group claps...)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search