The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
For Mavericks/Tascam US-1800 users
Old 23rd October 2013
Gear Addict

For Mavericks/Tascam US-1800 users

News :: Important Information about Mac OS X 10.9 "Mavericks" and TASCAM USB Interfaces | TASCAM

Be a while on new drivers that work it seems :(

Thankfully I have a 2i2 to keep me running.
Old 17th November 2013
Here for the gear

I just sat down to do some recording; I don't record too often.

Since the last time I used my Mac to record I "upgraded" to 10.9. Neither my Tascam US-200 or US-600 work anymore.

I will never, ever, buy a Tascam product again. What a bunch of incompetent people!
Old 17th November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillscience View Post
I just sat down to do some recording; I don't record too often.

Since the last time I used my Mac to record I "upgraded" to 10.9. Neither my Tascam US-200 or US-600 work anymore.

I will never, ever, buy a Tascam product again. What a bunch of incompetent people!
Is it Tascams fault you upgraded without thinking about compatibility issues? Did Tascam force you to upgrade to Mavericks?
I've tried all new systems, Mavs, ML, L, and I'm back on Snow Leo. Guess why!
Old 18th November 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandzo View Post
Is it Tascams fault you upgraded without thinking about compatibility issues? Did Tascam force you to upgrade to Mavericks?
I've tried all new systems, Mavs, ML, L, and I'm back on Snow Leo. Guess why!
Yeah, you're right!

Anyway, I think I really need a stand-alone recorder so I can ditch the computer. That's the best way to go.
Old 18th November 2013
Lives for gear

Tascam was caught in the transition from tape to digital, didn't have the right mix of products and was recently bought by Gibson.

Some companies keep drivers updated for legacy hardware, some don't.

MOTU's current firewire driver work with all of their firewire devices, even the discontinued legacy devices.

Old 6th December 2013
Tascam US - Series working in Mavericks!

Hey guys, I found a work around for using Tascam devices in Mavericks using Soundflower! Simply right click on Tascam Mountain Lion Driver and "Show Package Contents" . Click on "Resources" and Control open the .pkg in 104 folder as well as .mpkg in 105 folder, you will have to restart after installing each. Next open Soundflower's flower bed and designate the 64 channel to US-1800 or which ever you have. Now open "Audio Midi" from Utilities. Create an Aggregate device as you will not be able to simply select output as US-1800. Check the box for Soundflower 64ch and set both sample rates to the same value. Now re-open Flowerbed and make sure Tascam is designated....Voila!!! It Works great with full quality, sample rate as well as buffer size

doing a search I also just found out somebody came up with this fix on the 23rd :(
Old 21st June 2016
Here for the gear

Mavericks US200

Hi, download Capitan driver, now mavericks and us200 are compatible
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search