The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Multiple computer monitors?
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Nut
Multiple computer monitors?

Hi, I got a pretty silly question, in fact I'm not sure if I should post it here or in the noobie forum

Why does some studios use 2 computer monitors? What do they use the extra one for?
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Addict

I use two computer monitors and Pro Tools. One screen has the mixer view and the other has the waveforms. I just prefer this setup, as the person who taught me had the same setup. I assume that is why some have multiple monitors. Also some may have more just to impress. I think you can do just fine with one, but after you get used to two - it would be tough to go back.
Old 22nd October 2013
it increases productivity. I have three monitors hooked up to my macbook pro. it's nice to be able to have the main window on my macbook pro, my plugins on another monitor and my mixer on the last one.
Old 23rd October 2013
Gear Nut
Ohhh, I see, thank you guys for your replies, I think I got it pretty clear now!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search